Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance

In your opinion how much weight is too much to be doing on a bosu ball/exercise ball.. I know they are both different. Im speaking in terms of things like standind presses, seated presses, bench press things of that nature? Im assuming to some its based on the client or athlete but do you have and guidelines that you tend to follow?? I focus on my balance a lot and im getting to where my balance and core strength is good enough to really put up some weight on these things but I almost feel like its a tad dangerous.

Thanks guys, I hope to really contribute to the threads in here in the future!

Originally posted by hugec2 View Post
    In your opinion how much weight is too much to be doing on a bosu ball/exercise ball.. I know they are both different. Im speaking in terms of things like standind presses, seated presses, bench press things of that nature? Im assuming to some its based on the client or athlete but do you have and guidelines that you tend to follow?? I focus on my balance a lot and im getting to where my balance and core strength is good enough to really put up some weight on these things but I almost feel like its a tad dangerous.

Thanks guys, I hope to really contribute to the threads in here in the future!
    Keep it 1lb below the capacity of the ball.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
      Wow, ok .. I think I nearly ruin that one on my own without weight! Doesnt leave some with a whole lot of room for improvement. Going to have to work on this. Thanks for the input MM

Comment

As long as you aren't being a dumbass, I would say your balance is the limiting factor, far before the weight is.

Just for reference, I once saw a guy doing one legged squats atop a swiss ball with some light dumbells in his hands. He was positioned next to a squat rack in case he fell and needed to grab something, but no actual part of his body or the ball were touching anything but the ground. Yeah, holy fucking shit right?
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

As long as you aren't being a dumbass, I would say your balance is the limiting factor, far before the weight is.

Just for reference, I once saw a guy doing one legged squats atop a swiss ball with some light dumbells in his hands. He was positioned next to a squat rack in case he fell and needed to grab something, but no actual part of his body or the ball were touching anything but the ground. Yeah, holy fucking shit right?
          Ya, im working up to standing on it.. It absolutely insane to watch someone do it.. Im up to being able to be on my knees on it which is incredibly hard to do in itself. I do some exercises like that, but at my height its tough because my center of gravity is higher than most. I will say though that things like this coupled with lots of FMS stretching have improved more than my athletic ability. For all of those who talk down on it im sorry, I honestly think it has not only added to my performance but possibly added years to my career. It has corrected imbalances, opened up my hips and improved range of motion and fluidity that i thought i never had. (love these types of discussions) I am seriously considering starting a log here about it all but im not entirely sure the majority here would pay attention to it. How exciting is it to read about the guy who is doing frog jumgs and hip thrusters as part of thier training?? haha.. Its what i do though and I wouldnt say I love it but I do love the results!

Comment

Or video it if you go over...
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
              You and your videos...
              Max Muscle
              5020 Katella Ave.
              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                Haha.. I will have to get together with skip some weekend and see if we cant pop one! But honestly if i havent by now i would like to see what it would take. I really had no idea of the weight capacity, to be honest i dont even know what it is. We have one here at the house and i cant seem to find where it says it, all it has is the height am im for sure over that.

Comment

Working...
                X