Who's up for a bodyweight challenge!?! Video included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's up for a bodyweight challenge!?! Video included

Bodyweight strength is a great measure of strength for athletes, as many athletes aren't all that "big" - especially in terms of the muscle and iron game. Bodyweight challenges are cool because it's a relative measure of somebody's pound for pound strength.

This is from Martin Rooney from www.trainingforwarriors.com - he is Frankie Edgar's strength coach and a well respected guy in the MMA and training world.

The challenge here is to bench your bodyweight for as many reps as you can in 1 set (rest pause don't count here sorry DCers) and immediately follow it up with as many chinups you can without rest.

Frankie Edgar got 55.

My brother and Xconditioning Athlete Jeremy Cook threw down a 62 last week - he weighed 155lbs

If you wanna give this a go let's post the vids in this thread.

[YOUTUBE]_EXtbVSusjw[/YOUTUBE]

I think I will wait till I am at competition weight to try this... 245 is to much to get good numbers on pull ups, might be able to get 25-30 reps on the bench, guess it depends on how much body english I can use on the pull ups and how high I have to go...
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

I think there's a CrossFit workout like this only it has three or five rounds or something...

Comment

Thank you for sharing the video.....Wanted to try it out.
        muscle fatigue | muscular injury recovery program | upper back pain | lower back pain | knee pain

Comment

Working...
        X