MMA style training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA style training

I was curious if any one trained MMA Style I don't fight, but I used to wrestle and box and I enjoy that type of training. Any suggestions or a good set up? At present I have just sort of thrown in some weight training, cardio, and plyometric workouts, but nothing really organized.

Originally posted by Morgan View Post
    I was curious if any one trained MMA Style I don't fight, but I used to wrestle and box and I enjoy that type of training. Any suggestions or a good set up? At present I have just sort of thrown in some weight training, cardio, and plyometric workouts, but nothing really organized.

check out Defranco's ws4sb 1,2,&3
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

Comment

Thanks, looks like a good program.

Comment

MMA training is gonna be different for everyone depending on their background, style, and goals. That being said, I would probably set up a week of training that looks something like this. Given the dynamics of the sport, there may be 1-3 two-a-days per week.

Monday - Olympic Lifts, Functional Strength Movements, Core training, circuit-based cardio
        Tuesday - Martial Arts, Aerobic cardio
        Wednesday - Circuit Based Cardio with Functional Movements, Core Training
        Thursday - Off
        Friday - Powerlifting and Strongman Movements, Core Training
        Saturday - AM - Martial Arts PM - Swimming Cardio
        Sunday - Off

Something along those lines. "Functional Movements" would include things like kettlebells, medicine balls, tire flips, sledgehammering, rope climbs, prowler sled, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X