Now we're talking .....

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Correct - anything other than TEAM SKIP blend is catabolic.

It is a bit different that you tolerate whey but not egg white protein but ... it is what it is. You had something that was bothering you and you figured it out and eliminated it. If you are better off for it, that is all that matters.

It sounds like "dairy" doesn't bother you but lactose does. Otherwise, the whey would bother you, too. You likely can do cheese, too, without issue, right?

Skip
      Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
      since skip is here and we discussing the release of Protiens
      (I use whey ISO cf exclusively aside from pepto/whey hydro Intra) simply because I feel it digest well for me no gas or issues (I don't do well with the slow release casien or egg white protiens and really don't even include whole eggs/eggwhites/Dairy of anykind in my diet anymore and the gas bloating of past is almost non existent and my stomach measurement has went downconsidersbley so I chock that up to a mild food allergy)
      I removed them one at a time as well to make sure the variables were not skewed (ie removing both at once and not knowing which it was, then adding the other in and dairy and egg whites jus make me gassy, dairy ESP makes me bloated and uncomfortable)
      I know that's WIERD because eggwhites aren't suppose to really cause much issue but anyway the question let's say you can't use a blen and say if you have a fast whey isolate and combine it with natural peanut butter, evoo, Mac nut oil, coconut oil would it not theoretically make the protien absorbtion slow down?
      Or if it were combined with say ezekiel bread or oats?
      I figure the absorption rate would be slower

I also am not too terribly worried about this as I feel no negative effects since swapping to fast Protien exclusively I jus know many people may have issues similar to this and want to know the answer to this question with some feedback from experienced members

Disclaimer as skip is the executioner judge and jury
      If you can use a blend and you don't use team skip your prolly catobolic...
      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I don't eat it much but on the odd occasion I have a cheese stick or two with my Protien Shake for variety it doesn't seem to bother me
        Milk does at any amount bother me
        Cottage cheese does seem to give me some gas and def when I included 8-16 oz as a Reg part of my diet I look more "watery " and distends my belly (and it's only thing I chnged in diet)
        I def notice a tighter waist (in my wt belt and mirror) without "lactose" (I agree this is better phrasing"

Also it's my understanding that cold filtration whey isolate has "microscopic" traces of lactose
        I attributed this to the non gassy response I get (as I include 3 Shakes daily most of the time due to scheduling at work)

Seems I do very well with fish, grass fed beef, venison (that I shoot lol), wild caught shrimp and tilapia... I noticed a HUGE difference when I included hbcd, pepto pro, and Debitterized whey hydro intra in recovery and stamina, after dropping egg white/eggs (which really only made me gassy, but I hate the taste so no harm no foul.... Pun intended)

But It's jus my observations in my own journey :-)

And thank you skip because your posts/DVDs have taught me how to evaluate how one food source at time affects my appearance/digestion over 2 weeks or so

Also if I tollerated casien/egg white better Id e like 100% team skip
        Note to members I feel im the "exception and not the rule" when it comes to egg white and casien (aka team skip blend)
        Last edited by DC_catholic315; 12-16-2014, 11:07 PM.
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          Don't forget to check out tn outlet store online as well. Some great savings to be had there ...
          Thanks
          How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
            ... after dropping egg white/eggs (which really only made me gassy, but I hate the taste so no harm no foul.... Pun intended)
            You're a punny guy.

Skip
            www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Originally posted by Agi View Post
              Carl mentioned that they were phasing out the current flavorings for new, healthier versions. Here is his response...

"We are in the process of removing all artificial flavoring and sweetening ingredients from the website as we work to replace them with the better-tasting, all-natural and non-GMO TrueFlavor line of signature flavors"
              Woohoo! There are new TrueFlavors now. The TrueFlavor chocolate fudge brownie has been my favorite ever since it came out. Looking forward to trying the strawberry sorbet and banana!
              2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
              2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
              2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
              2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
              2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                Woohoo! There are new TrueFlavors now. The TrueFlavor chocolate fudge brownie has been my favorite ever since it came out. Looking forward to trying the strawberry sorbet and banana!
                I always seem to be in the minority when it comes to the flavours of powders and bars. I don't care much for the chocolate fudge brownie. I have it and it's ok, but too rich for me, maybe. I always do normal flavouring, but much preferred the dutch chocolate fudge they had a few years ago. I'm going to give the new 3 that just came out a try next time I order. Toasted coconut sounds the most appealing. I still think the absolute best flavour they ever made was the orange creamsicle. I was very surprised when that was no longer available. Chocolate orange was up there, too.

Comment

Where have all the flavours gone?

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                  I always seem to be in the minority when it comes to the flavours of powders and bars. I don't care much for the chocolate fudge brownie. I have it and it's ok, but too rich for me, maybe. I always do normal flavouring, but much preferred the dutch chocolate fudge they had a few years ago. I'm going to give the new 3 that just came out a try next time I order. Toasted coconut sounds the most appealing. I still think the absolute best flavour they ever made was the orange creamsicle. I was very surprised when that was no longer available. Chocolate orange was up there, too.

I also loved the orange creamsicle, but I get the natural orange cream now and like it quite a bit... Not AS good, but still good.
                  Last edited by mentalflex; 05-16-2015, 10:49 AM.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I am probably done with TN, if they go with straight stevia. Or just order unflavored and flavor it myself. I just don't like they way stevia tastes.

Comment

For the record, I saw both Kris and Nathan's posts after mine.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                        My friend also finds it too rich and gets flavorings with no sweetener added, and adds her own as desired. Personally, the richness is a plus as it feels more like a treat.

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                        I am probably done with TN, if they go with straight stevia. Or just order unflavored and flavor it myself. I just don't like they way stevia tastes.
                        Have you tried the TrueFlavors yet? I ask because for the most part I don't care for the stevia taste as well, however find this agreeable. In fairness, I have found a couple stevia products that I either like or tolerate, so maybe I've developed a bit more of a palate.

Maybe I'm the odd one. idk
                        2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                        2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                        2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                        2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                        2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                        2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                          My friend also finds it too rich and gets flavorings with no sweetener added, and adds her own as desired. Personally, the richness is a plus as it feels more like a treat.

Have you tried the TrueFlavors yet? I ask because for the most part I don't care for the stevia taste as well, however find this agreeable. In fairness, I have found a couple stevia products that I either like or tolerate, so maybe I've developed a bit more of a palate.

Maybe I'm the odd one. idk
                          I also don't like to be forced to one sweetener, I like choices. I have the trueflavor vanilla but with sucralose.

Comment

I'm trying to order some protein powder at TN and their FAQ's regarding their flavorings are too outdated to be informative. The flavoring descriptions are generic at best. I just want to know if there is non-stevia sweetener offered. I will go elsewhere if stevia is the only choice.

Comment

The non truflavors should be without stevia
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

TN customer service finally got back to me. Evidently everything with a prefix like Truflavor or Natural has stevia. If it doesn't have a prefix, it's stevia-free.

Comment

Working...
                                X