Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Stim + Karbload?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    You're drinking 200g of sugar peri-workout with nothing else? Or 200g of carbs peri-workout including pre and post meals?

    How much do you weigh that you feel you need so many carbs in that time frame?
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

    Comment


    • #32
      After taking in approx. 40-50g of Karboload PWO only, I decided to split the dosage in half and take it intra and PWO. Perhaps I wasn't used to the carbs intra, I felt a bit lethargic and full. I then cut the dosage again to 1/4 intra with the remaining 3/4 PWO and felt much better for some reason.
      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

      - Success is the best revenge

      Comment


      • #33
        I am not a as knowledgable as some but I would think a big part of that lethargy is your carb source as well. I never got any peaks or crashes from the high molecular weight carbs.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
          I am not a as knowledgable as some but I would think a big part of that lethargy is your carb source as well. I never got any peaks or crashes from the high molecular weight carbs.
          In the off-season I didn't have this issue. Perhaps it's my body adjusting to something different... I feel better with the reduced carb amount intra versus no carbs intra.
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

          - Success is the best revenge

          Comment


          • #35
            What I meant is that my intra workout shake contains 50 grams of carbohydrate. And 25g protein from wpi. (Orange gatoraid mixed with vanilla wpi)

            For me at 205 lbs, about 75g carbs per, 50 intra, 100 pwo

            Look at Scotts article meals of steel, sorry if I misquoted the name. It contains scientific facts about intra workout nutriton.

            To really sum it up broadly, incorporate whey and quick digesting carbs intra workout. That doesn't give the article justice however.
            Last edited by liftweights; 07-16-2013, 04:32 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by liftweights View Post
              What I meant is that my intra workout shake contains 50 grams of carbohydrate. And 25g protein from wpi. (Orange gatoraid mixed with vanilla wpi)

              For me at 205 lbs, about 75g carbs per, 50 intra, 100 pwo

              Look at Scotts article meals of steel, sorry if I misquoted the name. It contains scientific facts about intra workout nutriton.

              To really sum it up broadly, incorporate whey and quick digesting carbs intra workout. That doesn't give the article justice however.
              I'm familiar with the article. I just thought it sounded high but once I see the breakdown it isn't really that high.
              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

              Comment


              • #37
                So, has anyone broke down and used the HBCD yet? Moco, how did your mix do for ya?
                Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

                My Training Log Here at IM

                "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

                Comment


                • #38
                  Here's the thing about any pre-workouts. Let's say your doing DC so only using it 3x a week. Most of the ingredients need to be dosed daily to have any effect over time. Ontop if that many are under dosed. Essentially your paying top $ for caffeine . I would figure out exactly what I want pre/ intra/post then create my own drink to fit that. KARBOLOAD serves as a great base for this. It tastes good and masks whatever you put into it. You can add protein, EAA, caffeine etc and it will taste pretty good. Once you know what u want just buy the raw materials and make it. TN makes it super easy to do this
                  Last edited by MachMood; 11-25-2013, 12:34 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                    Here's the thing about any pre-workouts. Let's say your doing DC so only using it 3x a week. Most of the ingredients need to be dosed daily to have any effect over time. Ontop if that many are under dosed. Essentially your paying top $ for caffeine . I would figure out exactly what I want pre/ intra/post then create my own drink to fit that. KARBOLOAD serves as a great base for this. It tastes good and masks whatever you put into it. You can add protein, EAA, caffeine etc and it will taste pretty good. Once you know what u want just buy the raw materials and make it. TN makes it super easy to do this
                    No doubt. Have been doing exactly that since August. Still interested to hear other's experience with the hbcd's though.
                    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

                    My Training Log Here at IM

                    "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by mateus View Post
                      No doubt. Have been doing exactly that since August. Still interested to hear other's experience with the hbcd's though.
                      No noticeable difference between HBCDs and karboload for recovery with all other things kept the same. I can use either or and my recovery is the same. I do really like Matt Porter's Muscle Intrusion and use that intra-workout with other stuff added to it. If the more cost effective option is working great, stick with it.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        No noticeable difference between HBCDs and karboload for recovery with all other things kept the same. I can use either or and my recovery is the same. I do really like Matt Porter's Muscle Intrusion and use that intra-workout with other stuff added to it. If the more cost effective option is working great, stick with it.
                        Thanks Kris!
                        Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

                        My Training Log Here at IM

                        "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Still running BCAA Boost + Karboload pre WO and liking it...
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                          - Success is the best revenge

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X