Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein in the Philippines

Hey IM,
    I've recently relocated to the Philippines and I was wondering how I could get hold of great quality protein over here. I've been a TN customer for years, but unfortunately that shipping is gonna be monstrous. A friend of mine also said the last time he ordered protein (not from TN) and had it shipped here, it took weeks. When it arrived it sat at customs where it was taxed, and he had to take a cab all the way there to pick it up. Does anyone know what makes things get help up at customs?

Also I have to use whey isolate for dietary reasons. I don't want some shoddy "isolate" thats contaminated with concentrate and then I get sick. Does anyone know of some good brands that are available here?

Seems like a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

I had a visiting relative bring me 10lbs of protein from TN. That's how much I'm gonna miss their quality products.
    -Chris
    Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Maybe you can try to call the customer service on some of the larger companies and see if they have any distributors in your region.

It looks like this company is an Optimum Nutrition distributor based out of the Philippines: http://www.myfspi.com/shop/category/whey/
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by chris.tan View Post
      I had a visiting relative bring me 10lbs of protein from TN. That's how much I'm gonna miss their quality products.
      -Chris

Next time have them fill up the entire balikbayan box? :plane:
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
        balikbayan
        not a real word
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          not a real word

bastos
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM

Comment

Australia is HUGE in the fitness/supp industry...ever take a gander at Australian-based websites?

Also just eat balut and cheese ice cream for protein.
            Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Next time have them fill up the entire balikbayan box? :plane:
              That would be the best way to go. Fill it up and it only costs $100. My wife has done this before but not with whey protein. She is from Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                Maybe you can try to call the customer service on some of the larger companies and see if they have any distributors in your region.

It looks like this company is an Optimum Nutrition distributor based out of the Philippines: http://www.myfspi.com/shop/category/whey/
                Ouch the Ouch. Those prices in Pesos our HIGH!!!!. last time I check it was 42 pesos to the dollar. $71 for 2.3 lbs of pro complex when I get the same one for $40.

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                  Australia is HUGE in the fitness/supp industry...ever take a gander at Australian-based websites?

I've done a Google Image search for "balut"... Maybe I shouldn't have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
                    That would be the best way to go. Fill it up and it only costs $100. My wife has done this before but not with whey protein. She is from Manila.
                    Just keep in mind the weight limit...60 or 70 lbs?

Actually I'm not sure...that just might be if you're flying with it. If you're just sending it then there might be no limit.
                    Max Muscle
                    5020 Katella Ave.
                    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post

Puto and ube for skiploading alllll daay
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM

Comment

Puto and ube for skiploading alllll daay
                        *pffft*

*pfffffffft*
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

You guys are hilarious. Didn't realize we had a filipino presence on IM. One of you had a great idea. Maybe I'll just fill a carry on with 40lbs of protein and 10lbs of mg's powdered muscle. MG's has been a staple for years and it's gonna be a shitty day when my jug is empty.

I'll check out those autralian companies. There's a big australian import presence here so maybe I can find some proteins. I'm on the hunt for ube made with coconut milk. For the time being I'm crushing so many macaroons...
                          Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Working...
                          X