X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavor of my mix?

Hi guys, just a quick question.

I ordered this below:

NATURAL Premium Strawberries N Cream (Heavy)
    Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration [Milk] (50%)
    Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade [Milk] (20%)
    Hydrolyzed Casein [Milk] (15%)
    Whole Egg Protein (15%)
    Stevia (All-Natural Sweetener)
    **Plain**
    Plastic Jug w/ Free Scoop

It smells wonderful, but the taste isn't so good at all. Did I mess up by mixing too much of something?

Thank you for your help.

I think the hydrolyzed casein makes it bitter, but I can't remember for sure. Maybe CNizz will see this and chime in.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
      I think the hydrolyzed casein makes it bitter, but I can't remember for sure. Maybe CNizz will see this and chime in.
      Yeah, I'd avoid the hydrolyzed casein if you want to keep a good taste profile. And although I have not had the whole egg protein in a while, last time I had it, it was a bit gritty. Maybe try egg white protein next time as that always mixes up good.

The micellar casein is actually not bitter when used in a blend, so next time you can use that or just increase the concentration of something else.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thank you gents. I will try your recommendations.

Comment

TeamSkip blend, my good friend. Mixes great, the proteins don't corrupt the taste, and it has 3 types of protein.

I've been thrilled with it, hands down the best protein I've ever used.

Comment

x2

Sent from my IdeaTab A2107A-F using Tapatalk 2

Comment

YESSIR!!!!

I roll with three different protein powders:
              -Team Skip
              -WPI Cold Filtration
              -Custom blend of 50% calcium caseinate, 25% micellar casein and 25% WPI Cold filtration (this is my night time shake. It's thick, but that's how I like it )
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Dont forget or underestimate the Mega Mix blend
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                  Dont forget or underestimate the Mega Mix blend
                  Hey LG1,

Most of us are unfamiliar with the Mega Mix blend. Can you describe the texture and taste compared to the Team Skip blend?

Thanks!
                  MWC900
                  Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
                  MWC900

Comment

Originally posted by drumfool6 View Post
                    Hey LG1,

Most of us are unfamiliar with the Mega Mix blend. Can you describe the texture and taste compared to the Team Skip blend?

Thanks!
                    Drumfool or anyone else, has anyone used the wicked whey formula? How would it compare the taste and mixability or pure WPI cold filtration?

WPI cold filtration seems to go great with any flavor and the overall taste and mixability is phenomenal! It would take a lot to sway me away from my beloved WPI cold filtration

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Stevia

If this is the first time that your ordered a Natural rather than the Premium flavor that would hurt the taste as wll. I personally do not like the taste of Stevia when compared to some of the other "less natural" sweetners. Just a thought.
                      "The Dude Abides" Please Use Discount Code: JNC825

Comment

Originally posted by Superman66 View Post
                        If this is the first time that your ordered a Natural rather than the Premium flavor that would hurt the taste as wll. I personally do not like the taste of Stevia when compared to some of the other "less natural" sweetners. Just a thought.
                        Agreed here as well. I don't care for Stevia at all.

OP, you fucked it ALL up.

Comment

Originally posted by drumfool6 View Post
                          Hey LG1,

Thanks!
                          I hate to be the heretic, but after finding this blend, Team Skip is now option #2 for me.

I like how this blend mixes and tastes better. The texture is also smooth and it's thinner than Team Skip.

My suggestion would be to try 1lb. and see how you like it. Just make sure you purchase the Mega Mix protein blend and not the Mega Mix MRP.

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            I hate to be the heretic, but after finding this blend, Team Skip is now option #2 for me.

I like how this blend mixes and tastes better. The texture is also smooth and it's thinner than Team Skip.

My suggestion would be to try 1lb. and see how you like it. Just make sure you purchase the Mega Mix protein blend and not the Mega Mix MRP.
                            You get the fuck outta here with that!

Just kidding, I'll give it a try next order. I'm expecting 15# of the ol TeamSkip today...wish this had popped up 4 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                              You get the fuck outta here with that!

Just kidding, I'll give it a try next order. I'm expecting 15# of the ol TeamSkip today...wish this had popped up 4 days ago.
                              Who knows Rage, you may not even like it. It has "SOY" in it. Are you a soy boy???

Comment

Working...
                              X