Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the true nutrition prices increasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the true nutrition prices increasing?

note: I'm just curious. I'm not complaining or hating on Dante or TN at all. Just curious to know what's the cause of the price increases...

I remember a while back Dante stating that Gatorade/Powerade were going into the whey protein market and bought up a huge supply thus spiking the prices. He was 100% right about this and let us know way in advance and even offered a great deal with the "recession protein" blend (which I bought, but seems to be discontinued at the moment).

I just placed an order and noticed most things stayed the same price but Gemma went up to $5.60/lb from $5.09/lb back in August 2012, which is ~10% increase.

Again, I love DC, Dante, TN, and everyone involved and am so thankful for everything they've done/do. Simply curious if more companies are getting into the market or is there inflation? etc.

The supplement market fascinates me from both a personal fitness and business standpoint.

FYI, if you're looking to purchase a protein powder that was similar to the old Recession WPC/WPI do not purchase Whey Protein Concentrate - High Grade, you will want the Super Grade version. I just made this mistake a few weeks ago and found the High Grade does not mix very well.

Comment

I'm sure someone who knows will chime in here but if you haven't noticed the price of everything is going up... meat, dairy, tuna, etc. Inflation is out of control, and our national economy sort of sucks, and isn't going to get better with the current leadership...

I'm sure TN is just doing what they have to to stay profitable. Still way cheaper than the competition, and the quality/service is unmatched...
      -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
      -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
      198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
      -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
      198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
      -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
      198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

I'm not going to speak for TN, but as far as Gemma, I know more companies are start to use it. So supply and demand may be the reason for this. I have also seen a resurgence, to my chagrin, of vegan diets. As much as I'm not a fan of a vegan diet, a protein like Gemma would make such an eating plan more complete and I think some of the people recommending such diets are seeing it that way.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

My guess is the raw material is on high demand so the prices are going up.
          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Supply and Demand and everything is increasing in proce. Look at ice cream, I think it's been mentioned, but the proce stayed the same or went up yet the container got smaller. Just our fancy dancy gov't hard at work. I don't get political because honestly I don't pay attention, I know off subject, but I know when something isn't working.

TN has had great prices forever and it's only logical they have to increase in some places.
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
              Look at ice cream, I think it's been mentioned, but the .
              Michelle's Obama fight on obesity taking place.

He takes away the guns, she takes away the ice cream.

FML.
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                Michelle's Obama fight on obesity taking place.

He takes away the guns, she takes away the ice cream.

FML.
                I used to work in NY city as a police officer, you can't buy a 20oz soda anymore, it's illegal, diet or otherwise, 16oz or less, WTF? seriously
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

I won't go to McDonalds anymore because their prices keep going up but the size of fries and drinks are going down, BS. Now we are really off topic.
                  -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                  -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                  198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                  -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                  198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                  -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                  198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Supply and Demand and everything is increasing in proce. Look at ice cream, I think it's been mentioned, but the proce stayed the same or went up yet the container got smaller. Just our fancy dancy gov't hard at work. I don't get political because honestly I don't pay attention, I know off subject, but I know when something isn't working.

TN has had great prices forever and it's only logical they have to increase in some places.
                    20 oz, are you serious? I heard about that but thought it was like 40 oz and up. That's ridiculous.

Comment

I used to work in NY city as a police officer, you can't buy a 20oz soda anymore, it's illegal, diet or otherwise, 16oz or less, WTF? seriously
                      Yet I see guys drinking 40oz malt liquors all the time....lol
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

As far as TN's price increases, like others have mentioned, it is purely a mix of supply and demand with inflation. I noticed the price increase as well but compared to other products, they are still offer the highest quality at the cheapest price by far when compared with others. Especially the pea and rice proteins! Other companies' rice and pea blends are over $10/lbs.

I also live in NYC, you can still get huge sodas. I don't think they are "illegal" At the movies last week I got a large soda for my girl and I to split and I was shocked when they handed it to me. It was 48 oz I think.
                        MWC900
                        Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
                        MWC900

Comment

It may have been this summer's drought. There was a lot of news coverage about how it would increase prices on grains and beef/milk products (which are fed with grains).

Comment

Working...
                          X