Protein Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Changes

I have used TP exclusively for about 5 years or so. For a while I had been purchasing the 25 lbs WPC blend for all my protein needs...I feel like at some point it changed to WPC/WPI maybe. This has always been the most economical protein. Anyways, this option has gone up in price the past few years and I remember Dante talking to this. So, it's finally no longer available. I made my purchase about a month ago for the first time and had to purchase a different protein option. I purchased the Whey Protein Concentrate - High Grade, thinking this was basically the same but it's not. One of the ways I use it is post-workout mixing it with milk and pouring it over cereal. I mix it in one of those shaker bottles that has the grated top to help mix it. Anyways, when I poured it over the cereal it was all clumpy...not at all the same as the other mix. I couldn't use it in this way it was so bad. The old mix was more similar in texture to flour, whereas this is more similar to sugar, but that's an exaggeration but you get the idea. Long story short, what protein option should I be purchasing that is most similar to the old WPC 25 lbs product?

I'm not sure what WPC used to be like but I recently ordered US Milk Protein and it's only 7.12/pound when you order 16+ pounds, which you seem to be doing. Anyways, it mixes extremely well and I have yet to get even one clump using this protein.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I must have had a bad batch. Cause mine clumped up bad...
      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

In case anyone else has the same problem, I just emailed Carl and got a response. He was helpful as always. I used to order the Recession Whey WPC/WPI Blend (25lbs). That is no longer available. Carl suggested the Whey Protein Concentrate - Super Grade. I ordered the Whey Protein Concentrate - High Grade which doesn't mix as well. I am going to exchange it will let you know the verdict.

Comment

ditto here. My last order was the "high grade"........it's grainy and mixes horrible. I'll have to keep that in mind about the "super grade" next time.

Comment

So far my two favorite blends are the Team Skip and the Mega-Mix. No issues in the last 5 years or so :-)
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I used to love the MyoMilk and Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration. But, with prices rising on protein the way they have the past 5-10 years and the fact that I'm back in school as a full time student I want the cheapest option that will mix. I don't see the pay off for paying an extra $2 - $5 per pound which can easily add up to $300 - $400 a year. Oh, the good ole days...

Comment

Working...
              X