Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotating protein shake types to avoid allergies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating protein shake types to avoid allergies?

Do any of you rotate the type you use ...to avoid developing an allergy?

Like a few months egg white....another milk isolate etc etc.

Thanks!
    [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
    Save 5% on all orders.

Not just with proteins, but with a lot of foods, if you eat the same things over and over you can start to lack the enzymes needed to effectively break down other foods and need a re-introduction period before you cans tart eating them normally again.

I might use several different protein powders over the course of a day, but for those who don't I would say every month or two would probably suffice.

My favorite proteins are Team Skip and DC's Blend (WPI Cold Filtration) and I also like the Night Time Blend.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I would like to see something solid to back up food allergies from not having enough variety in one's diet. I have never once seen this, personally. I don't actually buy into this. Sure, a small percentage of people could have these issues but I feel that by and large most bodybuilders eat a very limited amount of food sources and have no issues.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        I would like to see something solid to back up food allergies from not having enough variety in one's diet. I have never once seen this, personally. I don't actually buy into this. Sure, a small percentage of people could have these issues but I feel that by and large most bodybuilders eat a very limited amount of food sources and have no issues.

Skip
        Skip - I know a while back you ran an experiment where participants used protein shakes as their protein sources. Did anyone report back to you that they were experiencing any digestive issues? Also, if anyone did state they had GI issues, were they using only one type of protein?
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thank u all for the responses .
          [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
          Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

No..not at all. Teamskip 24/7/365...In the past, I have used the Recession whey, but that wasnt due to any allergies, it was just a good deal.

-slide
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              Not just with proteins, but with a lot of foods, if you eat the same things over and over you can start to lack the enzymes needed to effectively break down other foods and need a re-introduction period before you cans tart eating them normally again.
              Not sure I buy into this, mainly because of what I eat and how long I've been eating this way.. After what kind of time frame would you expect so called "food alergies" to manifest themselves?
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                Not sure I buy into this, mainly because of what I eat and how long I've been eating this way.. After what kind of time frame would you expect so called "food alergies" to manifest themselves?
                Heckman, after searching for support for that...I do not think I agree with my own statement.

I admit, what I posted is broscience lol

I know there are people who need to rotate foods due to chemical imbalances, but they need to do so much more frequently than every month. If what I stated were true, I would have developed numerous food intolerances.

One thing I have noted is that there was time when I did not eat any beef for long long time, well over a year, and when I did eat beef I had some GI distress. However, eating smaller portions of beeft and gradually eating it more allowed me to be safe with it.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

If humans actually had a physiologic problem eating the same things every day then the species would have died off millennia ago.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

I agree with everybody else. I think a lot of times what happens is that some guys want a 75-100+ gram protein drink to go down and digest like water, and the second they get any kind of stomach bloat or discomfort, they prematurely start self-diagnosing themselves as having some kind of a problem. Larger doses of protein at one time, usually regardless of type, will always take more time to digest, and the longer it is in the GI tract, the more time bacteria will have to feed off of it and cause more gas and bloat. I could easily say the same with fiber from broccoli and beans.

Mental, I commend you on taking a new stance. Not a lot of people these days can admit when they are wrong, and then come back and learn like you did.

I do switch between WPI and MPI day to day though.

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                      No..not at all. Teamskip 24/7/365...In the past, I have used the Recession whey, but that wasnt due to any allergies, it was just a good deal.

-slide
                      Just took a 2-month break from Team Skip...tried TN's Mega Mix and it was really good. Back to Team Skip once the winnings come out :-)
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        Skip - I know a while back you ran an experiment where participants used protein shakes as their protein sources. Did anyone report back to you that they were experiencing any digestive issues? Also, if anyone did state they had GI issues, were they using only one type of protein?
                        I can speak to this - since I was a part of that experiment (10 weeks of only protein shakes for protein source), then went back to a more normal BB diet, and then to a crappy "regular person diet" for a period of time...
                        No problems whatsoever! I was able to switch between the strict "protein from shake only" diet to eating regular protein sources without any difficulty, and I was able to "eat like a normal person" while on vacation after this without any digestive issues.
                        Currently back to following the diet plan from that experiment, and experiencing no problems.
                        Last edited by PTAaron; 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X