Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn/Guggulsterones and Synthroid

Hey Guys-
    My fiancee has seen the results I've had from using Burn in the past and wanted me to order some for her, but she's currently taking Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) because she actually doesn't have a thyroid. Are the Guggulsterones in Burn at a dosage level that shouldn't interfere with the Synthroid, or should she consider a different fat burner?
    I recognize that the best answer is that she should most likely consult her doc, but I told her I'd check here first in the event that this has been discussed/determined already.
    Thanks all.

I don't know about long term, but short term my wife takes levo and has had great success using the burn on cardio days...her thyroid is fried from chemo and radiation from years back..
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

As someone who has both been on Synthroid for 20 years and experimented with countless fat burners, my very strong advice is for her to avoid any fat burners at all.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        As someone who has both been on Synthroid for 20 years and experimented with countless fat burners, my very strong advice is for her to avoid any fat burners at all.
        Sammich, do you still have a thyroid?

I do not have a thyroid, at all, and have had no issues with stimulants other than some simply don't work.

However, if she has no thyroid, I'd skip the OTC fat burners, and just use extra T3.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I've got her following this as well, and she's thinking she'll take a pass and just do it the old fashioned way.
          I'd actually suggested bumping up her synthroid dose at one point, but she's really just looking to lose 5-8 pounds, not get super lean.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            Sammich, do you still have a thyroid?

I do not have a thyroid, at all, and have had no issues with stimulants other than some simply don't work.

However, if she has no thyroid, I'd skip the OTC fat burners, and just use extra T3.
            I do, but I take 100mcg of Synthroid a day. For people with preexisting thyroid/metabolic conditions, you absolutely need to stay away from anything that fucks with your thyroid hormone output. That gland and system is WAY too sensitive to mess with once you have a balance that works.
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              I do, but I take 100mcg of Synthroid a day. For people with preexisting thyroid/metabolic conditions, you absolutely need to stay away from anything that fucks with your thyroid hormone output. That gland and system is WAY too sensitive to mess with once you have a balance that works.
              Exactly my point: the OP already said she doesn't have one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RickB666 View Post
                Thanks for the responses guys. I've got her following this as well, and she's thinking she'll take a pass and just do it the old fashioned way.
                I'd actually suggested bumping up her synthroid dose at one point, but she's really just looking to lose 5-8 pounds, not get super lean.
                If 'bumping up the dose' was all it took to get 'super lean,' I'd be negative body fat. If only it was as simple as that.

Comment

Exactly my point: the OP already said she doesn't have one at all.
                  There is much more to the thyroid's effects on the body than the gland output. You don't want to fuck with the balance nor levels of hormones once you get them to work.
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Yup none whatsoever, first person ever born in Connecticut without one. Honestly, I've told her that the first thing she needs to worry about is making sure to not miss doses of her synthroid.

Comment

If 'bumping up the dose' was all it took to get 'super lean,' I'd be negative body fat. If only it was as simple as that.
                      Hahahaha fair enough. I guess what I meant to say was that she's at a place where she can get to where she's wanting to be without fucking directly with her thyroid. I should have been more specific, as I know lean can be a little relative.

Comment

Working...
                      X