BCAA Plus Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCAA Plus Mix

How long can I nurse on a mixture of BCAAs? I mixed some up into a half gallon and am curious to know how long it would be good for if kept refrigerated?
    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Originally posted by mateus View Post
    How long can I nurse on a mixture of BCAAs? I mixed some up into a half gallon and am curious to know how long it would be good for if kept refrigerated?
    Obviously I am not working for TP/TN, but I have always mixed up BCAA's with a gallon of water and used it over a period of a couple days. Plus, from what I have studied, Amino's aren't going to degrade in water THAT quickly...I'd say you're good until you notice a different "taste" to the mix, or when you start seeing it reduce itself to sentiment at the bottom of the container (I.e. clumps of BCAA that weren't there before). You have to think about it this way: you can buy BCAAs already mixed in RTD form...they sit on the shelves for weeks/months...they are probably still good to go right? Again, I might be totally wrong on that one, and maybe a preservative they throw in during the packaging process messes with something.

:noidea:

I also think it depends on the TYPE of BCAAs you're using. I think Instantized versions are more stable, as are those without any artificial flavoring/coloring. That is a big inference on my part, so know that. I'll eat my words in a second if someone can come up with some concrete proof of time-to-degradation.

Just my .02. Sorry if you wanted an answer from an official rep Mateus, just saw your thread and chimed in

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Do free form aminos even denature close to the rate proteins do?

I don't think there's a problem unless you're talking days not hours.

And Lock - I'm sure RTD drinks are packaged by removing air, and oxygen is what causes denature in this case if I'm correct. It's kinda hard to remove all air while mixing up your own BCAA drink.
      Last edited by Quadriceps; 01-08-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
        Do free form aminos even denature close to the rate proteins do?

I don't think there's a problem unless you're talking days not hours.

And Lock - I'm sure RTD drinks are packaged by removing air, and oxygen is what causes denature in this case if I'm correct. It's kinda hard to remove all air while mixing up your own BCAA drink.
        That's true. I guess without oxidation you don't really need to worry about them degrading...didn't even think about that, LOL. This might be an interesting thing to look into.

I don't think think Amino's would degrade like a protein would. My guess: breaking a polypep into a dipep and into a peptide would take longer...and without heat or other factors to help catalyze the breakdown...I think it would take a while. That's a total educated guess though. I haven't looked into it any further than just thinking about it.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
          That's true. I guess without oxidation you don't really need to worry about them degrading...didn't even think about that, LOL. This might be an interesting thing to look into.

I don't think think Amino's would degrade like a protein would. My guess: breaking a polypep into a dipep and into a peptide would take longer...and without heat or other factors to help catalyze the breakdown...I think it would take a while. That's a total educated guess though. I haven't looked into it any further than just thinking about it.
          That's what I'm thinking too. I'm sure Scott can chime in on this.

Comment

Cool. I was figuring that would be the way it is. I nursed the same gallon from the fridge for 3 days and it tasted and looked like it did on day 1 when I finished it. On a different note, how much bcaas are you consuming if you use them for morning cardio?
            Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
              Cool. I was figuring that would be the way it is. I nursed the same gallon from the fridge for 3 days and it tasted and looked like it did on day 1 when I finished it. On a different note, how much bcaas are you consuming if you use them for morning cardio?
              I usually just use 1 serving of Xtend which is 7 g BCAA and 2.5 g Glutamine.

Comment

It would depend on your definition of cardio and your size, goals etc...IMO
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

We typically dont recommend leaving a mixture in solution for more than 24hrs based on Doug's recommendations, but we do have many customers bulk blending their materials for longer periods with effective results.
                  TrueProtein: The highest quality products at the absolute lowest prices!

If you have any questions or comments, I am GM here at True Protein, feel free to contact me personally.

Use discount code "CNIZZ" at checkout to receive 5% off of your ENTIRE order!

Comment

Working...
                  X