bcaas from true protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcaas from true protein?

I have finally decided to give up the vitamin shoppe and buy online due to cheaper prices!

Im wondering about the bcaas by true protien, is there a certain brand that is better and more cost effective?

I use the instantized...unflavored.
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Instantized is better as it mixes better. The regular is more cost effective but does not mix as well. If you don't think you can stand a bit of grit go with the instatized. If you can deal with the grit and are on a budget go with the regular.
      39, 6', 216.5lbs~~Lifting since Dec '08~~MY LOG->Like a Monkey on a Cupcake
      RAW!!! 340/240/428/T=1008 (Dec 1st @211.5lbs)
      "MOTHER FUCKER LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS EXPLOSIVELY.
      IF YOUR SLOWING DOWN OR STRUGGLING TAKE SOME WEIGHT OFF!”

Just something I need to keep in mind.

Use KGM143 as a discount code at True Protein for a nice discount.

Comment

I like all the TP BCAA variations :-)
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Same as Heckman for me...just ordered (another) 10lbs of it. I add it with crystal lite for flavoring, so no issue there.

-slide
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I just get the reg BCAA (unflavored) and also mix it with sugar free coollaid.
            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

how much does everyone take? Do you mix up a gallon jug and drink it through the day or just throw a scoop or two in your pre or post or intra workout drinks??

Comment

Originally posted by jjchambers View Post
                how much does everyone take? Do you mix up a gallon jug and drink it through the day or just throw a scoop or two in your pre or post or intra workout drinks??
                I noticed better recovery (less DOMS) with ~20g 4:1:1 BCAA sipped during workout. I would mix with about 2 cups water. From my understanding higher leucine ratio would be better but 4:1:1 is all I have experience with.

Comment

Originally posted by jjchambers View Post
                  I do a 70cc scoop during WO

Comment

when you guys say regular ones, u mean the ajipure by the pound for 18.99 a pound? that is the most cost effective bcaa?

Comment

Originally posted by qbkilla View Post
                      when you guys say regular ones, u mean the ajipure by the pound for 18.99 a pound? that is the most cost effective bcaa?
                      No! The TP brand:first:

Comment

I was talking about True Proteins BCAAs. Instatized is special and non-intatized would be what I am calling regular.

Comment

I am a huge fan of the BCAA Plus in grape. Mixes well and has good "stuff" in it.

Comment

I am sipping some BCAA Plus right now! Limeade flavor. I toss it in a shaker with some ice and find it quite refreshing. On my next order I am going to get some of the regular BCAAs and give them a go 'round too.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              I am sipping some BCAA Plus right now! Limeade flavor. I toss it in a shaker with some ice and find it quite refreshing. On my next order I am going to get some of the regular BCAAs and give them a go 'round too.
                              Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure why, but they no longer sell the INSTANTIZED version of their BCAA's (at least they don't show up when I pull up trueprotein). I wasn't paying attention this last month when I ordered so I didn't realize I was buying regular BCAAs. They taste like a dirty, frothy vagina, take forever to mix up, and there are always little BCAA rocks in the bottom I have to swallow. I'm not saying that specifically TP BCAAs are bad or anything. I just wouldn't buy non-instantized BCAAs from anyone in general.

Edit: I should add that I had been buying the instantized BCAAs for several months from TP. They tasted fine and were very easy to mix in.
                              Last edited by Macho Man; 07-20-2011, 06:18 PM.
                              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
                              X