new to the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum

Im new here and looking to learn more about the DC methods. Im in no shape or form ready for DC training right now, but look forward to using it in the next year or 2. Im 35 and I have been training since high school, but I haven't been able to workout in about 5 years uo until recently. I had a back problem that the doctors couldn't figure out, so they would just hand me prescriptions for pain killers.

After a couple years of crap doctors I finally found one that knew what he was doing. He figured out I no longer had an intact disc between l4-l5. The only option was a spinal fusion, so I hadnit done immediately.

Im now 100% cleared and getting back into the gym. Im 6' tall, 195 pounds, and my bodyfat is probaby right at 20-22 percent. From all the years of atrophy your girlfriend's probably lift more than me. This forum is full of great information, thanks for having me.

Originally posted by jstone View Post
    Im new here and looking to learn more about the DC methods. Im in no shape or form ready for DC training right now, but look forward to using it in the next year or 2. Im 35 and I have been training since high school, but I haven't been able to workout in about 5 years uo until recently. I had a back problem that the doctors couldn't figure out, so they would just hand me prescriptions for pain killers.

After a couple years of crap doctors I finally found one that knew what he was doing. He figured out I no longer had an intact disc between l4-l5. The only option was a spinal fusion, so I hadnit done immediately.

Im now 100% cleared and getting back into the gym. Im 6' tall, 195 pounds, and my bodyfat is probaby right at 20-22 percent. From all the years of atrophy your girlfriend's probably lift more than me. This forum is full of great information, thanks for having me.
    Welcome to IM! Hang out, read up, grow. I hope recovery has gone well. Good luck - take your time - it's a marathon.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by jstone View Post

Welcome to IM! I've had 2 cervical fusions myself so I understand the road you are now traveling to get back into the gym! Best of luck!
      Joe

Contest History:
      2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
      2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
      2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
      2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
      2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
      2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Welcome!
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Thanks guys. Back is better than ever. I cant believe how out of shape I am. Small workouts leave me sore for days.

Comment

Welcome!!
            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

welcome. Back problems are the worst. Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Comment

Welcome to IM!

Skip
                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                X