Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 03-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Dirkmoneyshot
Roundtable Expert

I've had it with most clients

This probably doesn't apply to anyone other than other trainers and nutritionist, but i'm at my wits end with some of these internet clowns. Well maybe it does apply to everyone wanting to work with someone on their fitness goals - Time after time i get someone that has a story about wanting to get in shape and will do anything i ask. WELL DO IT AND DON'T TRY AND SECOND GUESS!!!

In addition to taking on clients doing shows (which i prefer to work with), most of my clients are regular everyday joe's at the gym. The problem rises that I expect 100% out of these guys, even if all they want to do it break the single digit BF level. 9x out of 10 they listen until their buddy tells them something they read in Men's Fitness. All though the worst is the internet bodybuilder who believes that the drugs are the only way and when i set them up with what they should be using they immediately want to quit!!! I recently had one individual that routinely bugged me daily that they HAD to be using T3 or DNP, Even though i KNEW they weren't following anything i layed out.

This drives me crazy as i take it as a personal mission to help these guys. I can't tell you how many hours i spend in my "free" time acutally working because i'm so determined to work miracles in some cases.

So my point to everyone out there that has any intention of working with somone. PLEASE!!! Follow through for the time period that you have paid for and then if your not satisfied don't re up with that guy. Just don't quit because its not what you "thought" it would be. There are some of us that take this more serious then you would imagine and I for one generate more Happiness out of you succeding then you would even realize.

These statments i'm sure have been used before, but i feel its necessary to repeat it because its not getting through some heads.
Dirkmoneyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
kwyckemynd00
Bantamweight Member

I've heard this before Iron Addict, DoggCrapp, and others all would agree with you on this. Ha, ha, ha. The problem with people is...."they're stupid." So nothing you can or will ever do is going to fix this unless you only work with dedicted competitors who can drop their ego for results Good luck with that
kwyckemynd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
In-Human
IM Veteran Member

You are joking right, the competitors have the worst egos in the biz, I like the average "joe", they want to learn and make progress in there training without the head problems of the "show guys".

Most of the trainees are ignorant not stupid, remember we were that way once too you know, we all learn new things each and every day in this game.

"Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever"...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Highest quality protein at the lowest price...
In-Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Dirkmoneyshot
Roundtable Expert

You know, I can't really say that i've had a "bad" experience with a competitor. I do get where your coming from though.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #5
kwyckemynd00
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Human
You are joking right, the competitors have the worst egos in the biz, I like the average "joe", they want to learn and make progress in there training without the head problems of the "show guys".

Most of the trainees are ignorant not stupid, remember we were that way once too you know, we all learn new things each and every day in this game.

"Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever"...
I'm sure they do have Ego's But, since they have their diets in check, and are 100% dedicated to the training, I'm sure it's easier for them to take make good gains (relative to their current level) and most importantly "appreciate them".

I know a lot of people aren't stupid. That's just one of my sayings Whenever people have a question about why people act a certain way, I say it's b/c "people are stupid". Although, I will admit I have met my fair share of stupid people. LOL.

And personally, I may be the only one, but I'd rather be stupid than ignorant. At least being stupid I'd have an excuse
kwyckemynd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:59 AM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
I'm sure they do have Ego's But, since they have their diets in check, and are 100% dedicated to the training, I'm sure it's easier for them to take make good gains (relative to their current level) and most importantly "appreciate them".

D
If you are referring to competitors, I am lauging my ass off. Now, I am not saying that all of the competitors that I work with are bad - not at all. Alot of them are cool as hell and I have made some good friends. I will say that by and large, competitors are the biggest whiners, bitchers and unable to make up their minds about damned near anything prep related.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
bigcity
IntenseMuscle VIP Member/ Intense Set of the Month May 2007

Clients dont listen bottom line 90% of the time and thats just from experience. An example is that I can tell a women that Im going to give her the greatest excercise for legs that will guarantee her results I promise here that if she squats all the time her legs will be the best legs on earth. Well after about a week 8 out or 10 go right to the butt blaster and inner thigh machine. OH and they stop working upper body which I tell them is key to success. They dont what they want and get no results so I feel no pitty or want to help them becasue its there own fault not mine. You can only give someone the keys they have to unlock the door
Old 03-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
In-Human
IM Veteran Member

I do not deal with assfucks anymore, plain and simple, I don't need the money and I must be sick cause I love to make people stronger and bigger but I do not need the agravation of some egos, I must be too old or getting sick of training clients, my fuse is much shorter than it used to be and I can talk with most wannabe clients and I size them up in 5 minutes if it will be worth training for them or myself, we both have to gain here...

Highest quality protein at the lowest price...
In-Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
Dirkmoneyshot
Roundtable Expert

In-Human that is exactly the point i'm getting to - It was just a personal rant to let out some frustration.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:35 AM   #10
wyldeone

I couldn't agree more!

Dirkmoneyshot,
I couldn't agree more after years of doing this I finally came to the conclussion that I will no longer work with the general public as far as prep goes. The majority of my clients work with me year after year and know what to expect from me and I know what to expect from them. I have seen all to many times where people will hire us and use half of the information we provide and do half the work and can't understand why they aren't achieving their specific goals they stated when they came to you. Everyone thinks its about the drugs and that just isn't the case it is a very small part of the equasion regardless of what everyone wants to think. This year limited myself to 40 clients and of those 40, 28 of them have worked with me previously and ofthe remaining 12 8 of them are national level competetors that came to me this year so in essence I have alleviated alot of headaches and it has made my job so much easier. I commend Skip for his perseverance but i got to the point that between my other business,building a new house,my family and prepping for this years shows myself that I needed to streamline things. I have been very blessed to work with such great people throughout the years and for that I am greatful. For alot of you wanting to get into contest prep please re-think this avenue as it is not only very demanding but can and will either turn your hair grey or make it all fall out by the time your 30 or earlier in Skips case! LOL

wyldeone
wyldeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #11
dpsquat
Bantamweight Member

i just make your hair turn grey and fall out!
dpsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldeone
For alot of you wanting to get into contest prep please re-think this avenue as it is not only very demanding but can and will either turn your hair grey or make it all fall out by the time your 30 or earlier in Skips case! LOL

wyldeone
As much as I do enjoy what I do most of the time, truer words have not been spoken. When I first got into prepping it never seemed much of a stress at all. However, the more I do and as the years go by, the worse it gets. My reputation is incredibly important to me and when it gets jeopardized by someone that is not willing to fully trust you, it is a bitch.

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote