Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

My show this last weekend (with video)

http://teamskip.net/blog/?p=373

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Great Blog, Ken and great perspective. Looks like you had a good time up there on stage (after they got you guys going)...

I was wondering - shouldn't the judge have asked everyone to adjust their package to the left somewhere during his connect the dots instructions on how to hit a rear double biceps?... LOL

Thanks for sharing, Bud.

-Scott

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
GazM
Intense Muscle Competitor

Location: Small town called Wrexham, Wales in the UK. Google it, it's nice :)
Thanks for posting Skip & well done!
GazM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:03 AM   #4
jvandemo
Intense Muscle Staff

Wow, that is great news, Skip ! Awesome accomplishment !!

It seems like you are achieving all your goals in life... not only on the bodybuilding side... and that really deserves respect in my book !!

Good luck on the seminar too !!

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !
jvandemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #5
ONCE AGAIN
Bantamweight Member

"I’m a heavyweight, bitches. It just took 28 years."

skip is one funny MF...
ONCE AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill

Homonun: Dave gets a bit detailed with the way he wants the back double bi to go. lol

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Knickerbocker24

Congrads & thanks for sharing. You had some interesting perspective in there. Do you find that your comfort level with competing takes away at all from the excitement since you have so much experience? BTW my favorite part of the blog...

"At the end of the day I drug my 4th place open trophy and my 2nd place masters trophy home with my kids and my wife to my beautiful home driving in my big yellow tractor and I went out with friends that came out to support me instead of friends that want to hang out with me because I am some faux internet celebrity."
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Ivan Danko

From watching the video it seemed like the crowd was really excited and into it. That's got to pump you up, up there!
Ivan Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Homonun: Dave gets a bit detailed with the way he wants the back double bi to go. lol

Skip
No shit... (That's cool and all, but it doesn't give me a lot of faith in the judging if the judges can't compare physiques even when the pose is not hit identically by each competitor... He's removing a certain amount of the "presentation" portion of the judging when the competitor can't present in his / her best light within the confines of the pose itself. I always adjust the package before that pose, so I'd have been all thrown off by those instructions... )

-S

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Shelby Starnes
Roundtable Expert

^biggest parenthetical clause ever

Well done Skip
Shelby Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
AWN2004

I always forget how good your legs always look! Good shit Skip, good shit!
AWN2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
Congrads & thanks for sharing. You had some interesting perspective in there. Do you find that your comfort level with competing takes away at all from the excitement since you have so much experience? BTW my favorite part of the blog...

"At the end of the day I drug my 4th place open trophy and my 2nd place masters trophy home with my kids and my wife to my beautiful home driving in my big yellow tractor and I went out with friends that came out to support me instead of friends that want to hang out with me because I am some faux internet celebrity."
I don't think it is as much a comfort level that takes away from it all as much as the day just sucks with being covered in tan stain, oil, the backstage wreaks of B.O., people are bitchy and it always is 100 fucking degrees as it was this last Saturday, too. All we did was sweat none stop all day long even without being under the lights. It is the most exhausting day even after getting a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

I also think that it is just flat out boring. lol There is no suspense or drama. It is very predictable.

I think the main issue for me is that I don't need the stage and that part of it. I actually hate doing the routine at the night show but can deal with comparisons without much problem, at all. I like the prep part of it. I like the daily dieting and training and structure of it all and how I feel most of the time - being leaner and lighter even if I have to give up some strength. I like the way I look on a day to day basis. I honestly could prep for 52 weeks a year and like it - I am fucking weird like that. Dieting or prepping is therapy for me.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
Ken "Skip" Hill

Thank you Awn and Shelby and everyone for the kind words.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #14
theroymccoy
Heavyweight Member

Maybe you guys can try this (assuming you don't already know it of course)

A cool trick with competitions my uncle talked about is to keep a cooler/ziplock bag of ice water with a hand towel inside. Wring it out and wrap it around your neck and it helps keep you fresh and feeling vibrant with all that heat and stress. Doesn't mess up the pro tan, neither.

Thanks for the vid Skip, good shit.
theroymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
Pheedno

Quote:
I think the main issue for me is that I don't need the stage and that part of it. I actually hate doing the routine at the night show but can deal with comparisons without much problem, at all. I like the prep part of it. I like the daily dieting and training and structure of it all and how I feel most of the time - being leaner and lighter even if I have to give up some strength. I like the way I look on a day to day basis. I honestly could prep for 52 weeks a year and like it - I am fucking weird like that. Dieting or prepping is therapy for me.

Skip
This is my exact sentiments on it.
Pheedno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #16
doug1
Lightweight Member

good video and good job!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #17
Pumped340
Bantamweight Member

Hey Skip, what did you do for your 30min cardio sessions?
Pumped340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
v1hyp

Why can't I find the video link. Don't see it in the blog.

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2014 NPC Sun City Regional: 1st Over 50 & 1st Open Welterweight
2013 NPC Sun City Classic: 5th Over 40
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix : 2nd Over 40 & 4th Open Middle Weight
2002 NPC Western Carolina : 1st Over 35 Light Weight & Overall Masters
2002 NPC Junior, Masters & Teen North Carolina State: 3rd Over 35 Light Weight

[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #19
ScottMcDonough
Intense Muscle Vet

The link says Skip PJing Video, the last three words in the entry.

Quote:
Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.
ScottMcDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #20
v1hyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMcDonough View Post
The link says Skip PJing Video, the last three words in the entry.
Thanks

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2014 NPC Sun City Regional: 1st Over 50 & 1st Open Welterweight
2013 NPC Sun City Classic: 5th Over 40
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix : 2nd Over 40 & 4th Open Middle Weight
2002 NPC Western Carolina : 1st Over 35 Light Weight & Overall Masters
2002 NPC Junior, Masters & Teen North Carolina State: 3rd Over 35 Light Weight

[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #21
Andre Gregoire

Quote:

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheedno View Post
This is my exact sentiments on it.
I feel exactly the same it's more about the journey then the destination like Skip has said before. I love the routine of prepping for a show but generally don't enjoy contest day and hate the post contest period. Kind of feel some post-partum blues... ha ha ha

Keep in mind I have never actually won a show, maybe winning would change my perspective a bit

<--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight
Andre Gregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #22
Ken "Skip" Hill

I have not won an overall but I have won weight classes and, at least in my experience, it is no different.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
Jen

You have great outlook on things...we loved watching you and think you are a REAL internet celebrity
"This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #24
BuffedWildCat
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
... I like the daily dieting and training and structure of it all and how I feel most of the time... I like the way I look on a day to day basis... Dieting or prepping is therapy for me.

Skip
I can TOTALLY RELATE to those words!! I sometimes have nightmares about pigging out on a bunch of junk food then looking like crap, LOL! I'm happiest when I'm on my diet & training plan and looking the way I want to look, and feeling good of course.

Inline Speed Skater - Last Lap, Tight Pack, Absolutely, Positively, Most Definitely Without a Doubt - NO FEAR.

Those who push further when the effort gets difficult are the ones who will win.

Bodybuilding isn't everything, but being small, weak, and puny REALLY SUCKS!!

Adversity causes some to break and others to break records.
BuffedWildCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
Shawn "Future" Bellon
Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011

Quote:

Skip
Per what I was discussing with Scott a couple of weeks ago....your response is very healthy and refreshing. I love it! More people need to adopt that mindset...whether they need meds first or some good therapy. It's nice reading that the JOURNEY really is what matters. Seems like in life period that is where you really evolve. And no matter the outcome you have already won something for yourself.
#1 masters raw 275 powerlifter regardless of federation according to Powerliftingwatch
Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Use
code SHB747...or gremlins will eat your face.

Shawn "Future" Bellon is offline   Reply With Quote