Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Strongman Forum

Strongman Forum Discuss anything having to do with moving large objects, pull'n trucks, tossing kegs, deadlifting cars! If there isn't tacky on your keyboard, you ought not to enter this forum. Talk about strongest man, strongman competitions, strongman training, strongman training equipment and much more!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
lockout

events training

i was wonder if you just trained events all the time and have one day of gym work would it help to getting stronger to too compete or would it be too taxing on your body to train events alot?

and was wondering would it be it work to do one event for the end of each gym workout like if you trained legs and do yoke after or do an overhead work and train log etc.. but still have an event day one day a week?
lockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
dropshot001
Banned

on heavy muscle radio derek poundstone discusses how he trains and basically he trains various body parts throughout the week with no event training on the weekday workouts. he does an event day on the weekend. the interview is contained in the 3/8/10 show: http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html
dropshot001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
thetim
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockout View Post
i was wonder if you just trained events all the time and have one day of gym work would it help to getting stronger to too compete or would it be too taxing on your body to train events alot?

and was wondering would it be it work to do one event for the end of each gym workout like if you trained legs and do yoke after or do an overhead work and train log etc.. but still have an event day one day a week?
you will get used to those implements, but will you have great overall strength in all areas, maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropshot001 View Post
on heavy muscle radio derek poundstone discusses how he trains and basically he trains various body parts throughout the week with no event training on the weekday workouts. he does an event day on the weekend. the interview is contained in the 3/8/10 show: http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html
thats how must do it, Ive done workouts that I have capped off with strongman stuff, but unless you got some type of restrictions set up, you start to over work yourself.
thetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetim View Post
you will get used to those implements, but will you have great overall strength in all areas, maybe, maybe not.
yeah was thinking that, i was thinking of training events 3 times a week one heavy next one light and heavy again and have 2 gym days and rotate it for 6weeks really dont know weather to try it.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropshot001 View Post
thanks im listen to it now
Old 04-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
thetim
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockout View Post
yeah was thinking that, i was thinking of training events 3 times a week one heavy next one light and heavy again and have 2 gym days and rotate it for 6weeks really dont know weather to try it.
I would recommend, working more on your weaknesses. That way you can make your weaknesses your strong events, then just keep your strong events strong.
thetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
lockout

cheers tim your advice is spot on all the time, you will make a good coach with your knowledge in the future. you know your stuff mate. i think ill do the 531 training and see where it gets me with my events.