Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Massive G
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Massive G's True Protein Apothecary List- Potions, Pills, and Powders

I am going to outline my supplement list here for you guys and also answer any questions with in reason on applications/modifications to you guys based on age income and experience.

I believe commercial supplements are over used greatly in the sport and the appeal of the fancy ads and fancy labels leave many a young man with nothing but a lil pump and flush and lighter wallet.
What I will outline is the BASICS-that means base-what has worked for me and my clients and others over the years.

Some basics are left out of my stack as my goals are different, creatine is a very powerful tool, as well as high quality blends of MRP shakes (when a meal is impossible) and long acting protein blends before bed.

BCAA's are very beneficial centered around any time of catabolism-especially dieting and post work out. So in certain terms -things will differ when I give advice for those asking.

My protein of preference is Pepto Pro I usually will add 10 grams to a powerade and drink it in between meals or as a quick boost if tied up in a meeting or at my desk.

I like mixing my EFA's (Fish and Cod liver oil) with egg white protein-so that may be a shake option at night or in between a meal at home or on the road or weekends.

True Protein is my mainstay and has been since it's inception. I have never taken higher quality supplements and powders anywhere at anytime in my career. You guys are lucky, when I was at my peak -the bulk protein and carb supply business was in it's infancy and what was out there was low quality and poor customer service. I really could have blasted WELL past my peak with the arsenal of supplements available from True Protein.

Here is the list of supplements I take daily pretty much year round (there may be a few I forgot as I am approaching the big 4-0:

3 Multivitamin Mineral Capsules -1 cap 3 x a day
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6926
washed down with 2 tablespoons supergreens 3 x a day
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6859

Vitamin E 400 iu's

Vitamin D3 caps 2-4,000 iu's

Cod Liver Oil/Very Finest Fish Oil -I take the E and D with the fish oil.

Ester C 4000 mgs

Night time-before bed
Sleep Caps 2
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6882
Mangnesium-500 mgs
Zinc -30 mgs

50 grams eggwhite and 10 grams Fish oil

Other supplements are centered around the pre and powo times

Pepto Pro
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=22&pid=6805

Glycerol
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6837

Glutamine
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...?cid=25&pid=92

Swedish Oat Starch
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=23&pid=6828

Egg White Protein
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...?cid=22&pid=64

Now my pre-post work out mix looks like this (I make one large shake and drink about 1/2 30 minutes before with 500 mls water, then during the work out I will drink about another 1000 mls of water and then follow with the other 1/2 of the concoction below:
20-30 grams of pepto pro
100=120 grams or more of waxy maize
10-20 grams of L-Glutamine
a few pinches of sea salt
10-20 mls of Glycerol
Packet of True Proteins Krystal Klear (in testing phase)
1-2 grams of Stevia to really sweeten it up
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6729

Oh yea-these shaker bottles are the bomb I think I have ten of them.
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=23&pid=6743

I usually carry 2 around with dry powder in them and then can mix and go with simply adding a Powerade or Crystal Light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MG "Testosterone Booster"

Last edited by Massive G; 01-03-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Massive G

Hydration is key-I will go through a lot of glycerol and purified water with a little sea salt added -to increase my water intake due to evaporation in the gym-more in the summer due to the heat.
Dehydration=catabolism.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
v1hyp
Intense Muscle Competitor

Thanks for posting this, will be tracking this!

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2013 NPC Sun City Classic: 5th Over 40
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix : 2nd Over 40 & 4th Open Middle Weight
2002 NPC Western Carolina : 1st Over 35 Light Weight & Overall Masters
2002 NPC Junior, Masters & Teen North Carolina State: 3rd Over 35 Light Weight

Use Discount Code MMH353 and SAVE BIG on your next order!! @ trueprotein.com
!!Pound for pound, they've got the best deals in town!!
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
crod266
Lightweight Member

nice thread man, couple questions for you.

I see you take quite a bit of ester c, alot more than most people. Do you up the amount becaue of your bw?

What do you personally think glutamine does for you? and whats the best way to use it?

Do you personally think wazy maize i better than most carb sources pwo?

I also see you dont have any digestive stuff in there any reason?
crod266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
???

your only getting 15g of protein pre and 15g post??
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
FAHall
Middleweight Member

Hey Massive,

This is going to be an awesome thread.

I've got a couple of question for you.

How much would you estimate that you spend on supplements every month?

Also, as you talk about your dosages, I assume these are the dosage that you use. Any chance you could point out which of these you scale based on the weight of a client and which ones remain the same for pretty much everyone?

I look forward to watching this thread take off.

Thanks,
Alex
FAHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
allshine

Sweet! Another thread to bookmark!
3) Always train at least 6 days per week.
4) Post workout Anabolic Halo stacked with Aplodan will really wake up those DMF's.
5) DMF stands for "Dormant Muscle Fibers"
6) A gallon of milk a day keeps the ecto's away!
7) Always train wearing sunglasses.

-Lee Salado
allshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
riverhawk23
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
your only getting 15g of protein pre and 15g post??
You have to remember it's pepto pro which everyone says is the fastest acting best protein available. I don't wanted to speak for MG but I am also sure he isn't all too worried about pre and post workout nutrition when that is only a tiny fraction of the food he takes in throughout the day.

Last edited by riverhawk23; 01-04-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling
riverhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #9
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by crod266 View Post
nice thread man, couple questions for you.

I see you take quite a bit of ester c, alot more than most people. Do you up the amount becaue of your bw?

What do you personally think glutamine does for you? and whats the best way to use it?

Do you personally think wazy maize i better than most carb sources pwo?

I also see you dont have any digestive stuff in there any reason?
The ester C is a higher dose right now for me-as it being winter-normally I take aroud 2-2.5 grams. Regular Absorbic Acid (Vitamin C upsets my stomach a bit) and somedays when I feel a bit more fatigued/stressed I will add in about 2000 mgs of it as well.

Glutamine is taken for its numerous benefits-mainly for it's anti-catabolic and profound positive effects on blood sugar-replenishment of glycogen and recouperation (halt catabolism-begin anabolism) post work out.

If I am dieting a guy he will add 5 grams of glutamine to every shake for these 2 purposes.

I love the taste of Swedish Oat Starch over Waxy-both are high molecular weight carbs and yes I prefer them over dextrose and maltodextran-dextrose tends to be too sweet and malto bloats me. No problems with the HMW carbs which empty very fast from the stomach.

There is some digestive items I have taken in the past-bromelain and ginger root extra fiber and probiotics.

Since I am only injesting around 8 "meals" which are smaller and only around 4-450 grams protein a day there isn't really a need for moving the food through at the fastest pace possible.

I will drink a sip or two of Keifer coconut milk 1-2 times a day.

Glutamine and Vitamin C help immune function but the most important vitamin to me is Vitamin D3 capsules and especially this time of year it is critical to immune system health and overall body function. for those that don't know D3 is actually a prohormone and has 100's of positive effects on the body.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Last edited by Massive G; 01-04-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
eru
Middleweight Member

I hate the new TP shaker design. The old one with the white screw top is way better IMO. The new design doesn't seem to hold as much, takes more time to clean, and has a tendency to leak when shaking.

Otherwise, great list.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #11
Treebeard

Very interesting.

I would love to get your take on my stack. Most people at my gym are bugging me about "not taking enough".

Breakfast: 1 multi vit/min, 1000mg Vit C, can't remember the mgs but 50% of the DV of Calcium, 3g Fish Oil, 2g Evening Primrose Oil, 5g Glutamine

Pre: 10g Glutamine

Post: 1 serving Gatorade powder, 10g Glutamine, 3g Creatine

Before Bed: 5g Glutamine

EDIT: My goal is to build muscle size, strength & power. My budget is very limited.

Last edited by Treebeard; 01-04-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Treebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAHall View Post
Hey Massive,

This is going to be an awesome thread.

I've got a couple of question for you.

How much would you estimate that you spend on supplements every month?

Also, as you talk about your dosages, I assume these are the dosage that you use. Any chance you could point out which of these you scale based on the weight of a client and which ones remain the same for pretty much everyone?

I look forward to watching this thread take off.

Thanks,
Alex
Supplement cost is really low compared to years past I probably spend about $200 on them a month.

This really is a basic outline so each individual is going to be different based on goals and age and experience.

The vitamins could probably be cut in half of what I take, but what's in there now is about half of what I used to take when blasting and trying to saturate the body with tons of nutrients for growth.

If I have a guy blasting trying to get past 250 to 270 this guy will be using 2-3 MRP shakes a day as meals 40-50 grams per shake of a whey, casein, egg white blend from True Protein http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...cid=31&pid=534 I probably won't have him on PP or powders like BCAA's I 'll hit him with the "whole food" shake blend above.

Also creatine will be a staple as well-depending on the individual preference it will be mono or CEE or creatine gluconate or di creatine etc.

pre work out shakes can be cut down as well-based on size vs dosing -if I am training a 120 lb female who is trying to buld muscle and burn fat vs a 250 lb guy I will still want to get the same nutrients in post work out -but just smaller amounts. These individuals will take different amounts of water/glycerol to hydrate as well.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru View Post
I hate the new TP shaker design. The old one with the white screw top is way better IMO. The new design doesn't seem to hold as much, takes more time to clean, and has a tendency to leak when shaking.

Otherwise, great list.
I am not familar with the white ones I have the blue ones and they are great.
They will leak if you don't have the lid on tight or straight. I have a few that the gasket came off of the ca in the dishwasher and they work fine as well as long as the lid is on even and tight they rule.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Old 01-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #14
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Very interesting.

I would love to get your take on my stack. Most people at my gym are bugging me about "not taking enough".

Breakfast: 1 multi vit/min, 1000mg Vit C, can't remember the mgs but 50% of the DV of Calcium, 3g Fish Oil, 2g Evening Primrose Oil, 5g Glutamine

Pre: 10g Glutamine

Post: 1 serving Gatorade powder, 10g Glutamine, 3g Creatine

Before Bed: 5g Glutamine
I would have to see your daily diet and stats age etc to give more feedback-but what stands out to me is the pre powo shake-needs a simple protein in there for starters. And if trying to maximize strength and size creatine is a MUST.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
Treebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive G View Post
I would have to see your daily diet and stats age etc to give more feedback-but what stands out to me is the pre powo shake-needs a simple protein in there for starters. And if trying to maximize strength and size creatine is a MUST.
Well, I eat solid proteins throughout the day. I don't use any shakes. If I were to buy whey I wouldn't be able to get the creatine. Thankfully I am a cook at a local owned waffle houseish restaurant and I am able to cook myself up chicken, steak, eggs, etc before I go workout. My gym is across the street from neighborhood literally and so usually I go home and have some liquid egg whites. I really should've clarified that.

As for stats, I am 18 6"2 and a lean 210lbs. I am a classic ectomorph with the furnace metabolism. I won't threadjack your thread with my diet.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #16
LG1
Super-heavyweight Member

Appreciate you sharing this...

- Success is the best revenge
LG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
PhoebeusFenix
Intense Muscle Competitor

Ive never really concocted my own preworkout shake such as the one you have listed...how do the sea salt and glycerol act here? I have read things here about using them but have not heard why. Im always up for a new preworkout drink. Also, could you substitute the WMS for the swedish oat starch you mentioned?
PhoebeusFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
Ive never really concocted my own preworkout shake such as the one you have listed...how do the sea salt and glycerol act here? I have read things here about using them but have not heard why. Im always up for a new preworkout drink. Also, could you substitute the WMS for the swedish oat starch you mentioned?
Sea salt and glycerol are the poor man's super pump. LOL seriously these 2 items when added to any shake centered around the workout will lead to tremendous pumps in the muscles being trained via vascular hydration. The effects of the hydration last several hours helping anabolism to a small degree. They are miracle compounds in the summer ..trust me. Sea salt contains a slew of minerals and helps replenish them as you sweat as well as help hydration through fluid retention.
I use WMS as well s HMW Potato Starch at times.
I tend to favor Swedish Oat though..maybe because of the name reminds me of "swedish Erotica" LOL you have to have grown up in the 80's to get that lil quip.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Last edited by Massive G; 01-04-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
dakoose
Light-heavyweight Member

Quick Glycerol question. Is this what you're talking about? I've checked a couple of local shops for glycerol and all they had were products like that. The products don't look like they should be ingested. I'd order from TP put I just made an order last week and would rather not pay shipping fees.
dakoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
eru
Middleweight Member

Quote:
I am not familar with the white ones I have the blue ones and they are great.
They will leak if you don't have the lid on tight or straight. I have a few that the gasket came off of the ca in the dishwasher and they work fine as well as long as the lid is on even and tight they rule.
I don't think they have sold the white ones for a few years now.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #21
vince318

Quick question on Glycerol/Glycerin. I do the AD diet and i've read that it doesnt affect insulin/blood glucose, but what is your take on this? Do u think a similiar shake to yours minus the carbs would be ok?
vince318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoose View Post
Quick Glycerol question. Is this what you're talking about? I've checked a couple of local shops for glycerol and all they had were products like that. The products don't look like they should be ingested. I'd order from TP put I just made an order last week and would rather not pay shipping fees.
Yes that's exactly what type I am talking about.
Walmart sells Humco Brand USP Glycerin as well http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10417582 -all the glycerins sold over the counter will say "do not injest internally" but that's because they are sold as skin sofeteners and not as supplements.

The only type of glycerin that should NOT be injested would be the type that has "rosewater" in it and it is clearly labeled that way. Rosewater is an astringent and added to some preparations of glycerol for the skin, but it will be on the label so be sure to read carefully.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Last edited by Massive G; 01-05-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarification on rosewater/glycerine solns
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #23
Massive G

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince318 View Post
Quick question on Glycerol/Glycerin. I do the AD diet and i've read that it doesnt affect insulin/blood glucose, but what is your take on this? Do u think a similiar shake to yours minus the carbs would be ok?
It doesn't affect blood sugar or insulin as IMO and experience.
When having a lo carb shake -it will consist of glycerol pepto pro and crystal light.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #24
FAHall
Middleweight Member

You mentioned above that different clients choose different creatines.

Any thoughts on why this is?

What do you prefer?

Also, in your experience, what are the advantages and disadvantages to the different kinds?

I love picking your brain!
FAHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #25
dakoose
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Yes that's exactly what type I am talking about.
Walmart sells Humco Brand USP Glycerin as well http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10417582 -all the glycerins sold over the counter will say "do not injest internally" but that's because they are sold as skin sofeteners and not as supplements.
The only type of glycerin that should be injested would be the type that has "rosewater" in it and it is clearly labeled that way.
Thanks for the quick response.
dakoose is offline   Reply With Quote