Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Strongman Forum > Strongman Journals

Strongman Journals Keep track of your strongman training progress here with a personal journal.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

MM Strongman Journal

CGBP

135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 5

Log Press Incline

275 for 5 sets of 5 (first time ever doing these and i suck)

Dips

5 sets of 20

Pull Ups

5 sets of 15

Abs

5 sets

Neck

3 sets with 100 pounds

Then played with the gripper for a while

good workout, still sore as shit though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

felt like training again today since i got off work and was really bored

Axle Clean and Press

worked up to 260 x 3 (easy)
then tried 300 a million times and couldnt clean it.... i cant continental, i think i may be a lil lean for it or i dont have the technique down.... it just slides right down my abs and hurts like a bitch. I almost clean it straight up with a mixed grip, i may be better of with that technique

Keg Press

154 x 1
180 x 1
200 x 1
240 x a few tries, i almost got it, first time ever trying to press a keg, ill get it

Power Stairs

400 x 4 stairs
400 x 2 implements x 4 stairs (so 8 total) then 240 keg for 4 stairs, all in one shot..... pretty hard and worse part about power stairs is getting all the shit down

Axle Rows

worked up to 250 x 6 for 3 sets..... my grip sucks on these

Prowler

10 sprints of 180 feet with 90 pounds...... mixed low and high handles

i trained a lot today and im bout to go eat a lot now
"BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va
MilitaryMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
sunlovinCO
Intense Muscle Vet

Seems like the continental is easier for the heavy dudes with big guts. You can put a belt on to push any fat you have up (if you even have any), but be careful, Dione won't usually let you rest it on your belt... Darryl has hardly any ab fat so he has the same problem. At the plat show in Tx I saw one guy continental by leaning back so far his back was almost parallel to the floor.... ouch, but it worked.
sunlovinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlovinCO View Post
Seems like the continental is easier for the heavy dudes with big guts. You can put a belt on to push any fat you have up (if you even have any), but be careful, Dione won't usually let you rest it on your belt... Darryl has hardly any ab fat so he has the same problem. At the plat show in Tx I saw one guy continental by leaning back so far his back was almost parallel to the floor.... ouch, but it worked.
yeah i dont have any on my stomach.... so the bar just slides right on down

ill just get my grip stronger for now and figured it out later if i ever see a max axle clean and press event (rare)

Fronts

135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
375 x 5

275 x 5 sets of 10

Hanging Leg Raises

5 sets

I wanted to do back squats but my shoulders were way to tight today and are still extremly sore..... so i aborted those after i couldnt get into position.... doing a lot of sets of fronts always sucks ..... all lifts done raw
"BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
BIX
Intense Muscle Competitor

i have that same problem......no gut=no shelf

BIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIX View Post
i have that same problem......no gut=no shelf
lol its good and bad i suppose

AM

Seated shoulder press w/ no back support

135 x 10
155 x 5
175 x 5
200 x 5

1 arm shoulder press (no leg drive)

70 x 5 sets of 10

Pull Ups

5 sets of a lot of reps

ABS

3 sets

PM

Deads

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
495 x 5
585 x 1
635 x 1
675 x 1
730 x miss x 2
675 again for a few singles

Truck tire deadlift

tried 800 and couldnt get it (its right at a bad spot for me..... by the lower knee)

Farmer Deads

250 x 10
300 x 1
360 x 1 (i suck at these)

Stones

nothing spectactular..... did series of 3 x a few sets

my wife wanted for me to meet her at the gym tonight, so i did..... i couldnt just go into the gym and not train... which i should have. I didnt have a meal for like 3 hours prior to lifting because i came straight from work. Oh well, still had fun in the PM session, cant set PR's every session

Old 11-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Axle Clean and Press (every rep)

160 x 10
210 x 10
280 x 1
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

290 x 1
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

300 x 1
+ YouTube Video

320 x miss
+ YouTube Video

210 x 3 sets of 10 (for press conditiong, which i dont have)

Viper Press

180 x 2 sets of 10

GHR

BW x 3 sets of 20

Shrugs

100 kb x 4 sets

good workout really happy today

Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
heavyset

strong ass weights you putting up here nice log, how long have you been into strongman? looks brutal
heavyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyset View Post
strong ass weights you putting up here nice log, how long have you been into strongman? looks brutal
thanks man,

been training strongman for about a year, but real serious since around augest of this year

Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
KendoKid
Lightweight Member

Nice axles dude. You throw the weights around like they are nothing.
KendoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendoKid View Post
Nice axles dude. You throw the weights around like they are nothing.
lol it doesnt feel like nothing! thanks man

CGBP

135 x 20
225 x 10
275 x 3
315 x 3
350 x 3

Incline CG

225 x 3 sets of 10

CGBP

225 x 3 sets of 10

Pull Ups

5 sets

ABS

5 sets

Played with grippers for a while

Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
BIX

nice axle pressing man, 300 is some solid weight there

Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
nice axle pressing man, 300 is some solid weight there
thanks Bix i just strated messing with the axle about 2 weeks ago, so its still real new to me

Farmers

135 x 50
205 x 50
275 x 50
325 x 50

+ YouTube Video

325 x 50
275 x 170 (had to drop short due my popping in my trap, ive injured it in the same place before doing farmers, so i knew to drop it when i felt it this time..... im good)

+ YouTube Video

Slater Circus DB

played aaround with it for a while, i cant get it with my left yet, its a big fucking dumbell and is awkward as hell, plus my left shoulder is kinda messed up

Conans wheel

800 x 1.25 laps (PR)

Stones

300/330/360
330/360/380
260/300/330/360/380

did very well today and am happy..... would like to get my grip strength up though for farmers.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Fronts

135 x 10
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3 (felt terrible, core is real weak from events yesturday)

OLY Squats

225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 10
455 x 10
365 x 20

Pull Down ABS

5 sets

All lifts done raw dawg, my legs were already starting to get sore about 10 am (i train at 4:30am) , tomorrow and the next few days are going to suck.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

BB Strict Press

135 x 10
155 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3 (i think this is a PR)

Press Medlay

280log/260 axle / 120'ish circus DB / 240 keg

i did a few times, the best i got in 60 seconds was 3 implements(log/axle/keg.... couldnt get DB in time or at all with my left for that matter), i really suck at the circus db and my conditiong sucks on this event.... heres a vid of my first go at it, i messed up on my axle clean and a bunch of other things lol..... i think im going to do log, then axle, then keg, then cirus DB . My left shoulder is kind of messed up from HS football still (years and years ago!) so its very awkard for me and i have zero confidence in it. I must say, its a fun medlay though

+ YouTube Video

dips / pull ups superset for 5 sets

good workout, need to work on that freaking circus DB and OH press conditioning.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Mike_Mc2
Lightweight Member

James, you getting ready for the contest the 1st week of January. BTW bro, you might want to do keg before axle since it's more awkward. Check out vids of Rob Orlando pressing the keg on youtube. Nice job on the training bro.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Mc2 View Post
James, you getting ready for the contest the 1st week of January. BTW bro, you might want to do keg before axle since it's more awkward. Check out vids of Rob Orlando pressing the keg on youtube. Nice job on the training bro.

thanks man,

yeah January 9th, its my home gyms contest so i gotta represent on my home turf. You making it out?

I think i will go Log/Keg/Axle/DB ....... the axle is easy for me, i just sucked at it in the vid i took for some reason. I didnt clean it before hand, that was my first one for the day. Good idea man!

Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #17
KendoKid
Lightweight Member

Just remember on the axle press, "pop and lock it"
Old 11-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #18
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendoKid View Post
Just remember on the axle press, "pop and lock it"
i just botched the one in the vid because i didnt warm up for it or anything..... when i messed up the clean my hand went close grip and threw me off

DEADS

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 3
585 x 3
635 x 3
685 x 1 (was going to triple this, but i straight up wasnt feeling deads today, power wasnt there)
585 x 9

GHR

5 sets x BW

Stones

330 x 4 onto a 60 inch (close to 5)

225/250/260/300/330/360/380 series , didnt get the last one back was GASSED!

ill get vids up later, they are uploading right now

Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
KendoKid
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMuscle View Post
i just botched the one in the vid because i didnt warm up for it or anything..... when i messed up the clean my hand went close grip and threw me off
Haha just kidding dude, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I was just commenting on what your buddy was yelling in the video during the axle.

Last workout looks like a back killer for sure.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

STONE SERIES

+ YouTube Video

330 FOR 4 ON A 60 INCH

+ YouTube Video

585 FOR 9

+ YouTube Video

685 X 1 (NOT FEELING DEADS TODAY )

+ YouTube Video

Old 11-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #21
Mike_Mc2
Lightweight Member

James, your stones are awesome brother. I struggle with stones so it's awesome to watch someone kill it like that. Nice work.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Mc2 View Post
James, your stones are awesome brother. I struggle with stones so it's awesome to watch someone kill it like that. Nice work.
thanks Mike,

long arms help but i think i been sucking at them latley!

CGBP

135 x 20
225 x 10
275 x 3
315 x 3
355 x 3

225 x 5 sets of 10

Pull Ups

5 sets

Dips

3 sets

good workout, ate to many wings last night and stomach is all fucked up.... good wings though

Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
BIX

ditto that, nice work with the stones, what kind of tacky did you use?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #24
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
ditto that, nice work with the stones, what kind of tacky did you use?
thanks some homeade shit lol

Fronts

135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
425 x 1

OLY Squats

225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 10
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1 (just getting a feel for oly squats...... getting comfortable to go heavy with them now)
225 x a million, i may have got 100, but no way to count that high

all lifts done raw...... and deep as shit

5 sets of abs....

Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #25
MilitaryMuscle
Super-heavyweight Member

Farmers

worked up to 350 x 50 feet (pr for 350 pounds)

+ YouTube Video

Tire

700 x 1 set of 10
900 x 1 set of 10
1200++ for a few flips (i think this has gotten heavier lol)

Sand Bag Carry

310 x 200 feet

Tacky Less Stones onto a 48"

250 x 3
300 x 3
330 x 3

Chain Drags

300 each hand x 200 feet (almost blew chunks after this)

good workout, went kind of more on coniditioning workout due to my sore ass legs.... set a PR on farmers for 350 pounds which is cool. I wore my new nike free's(the Bo Jackson ones) and they are horrible for moving events..... so much cushion (they are very comfortable though)

Last edited by MilitaryMuscle; 11-21-2009 at 02:32 PM.