Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
BigPete84

Returning to DC after 6 years!

I just recently watched David Henry's new video "Extreme Measures" and absolutley LOVED IT! It was so inspiring and motivating. I've come to the conclusion that I want to start back with DC training.I am a competitive bodybuilder and model. At my best I weigh 190-192lbs at maybe 2 or 3% bodyfat. I'm 24yrs old and I am natural, although I did 1 cycle and ended up fuckin up my body, so for now...I'm playing the natty game.
Anyway, I really liked how David trained 4 days and I also like how he usually did 2 "exercises" for each bodypart. He'd do his usual 3 RP set, and then after he would do a widowmaker of another exercise. I loved that aspect of it. Originally, I did a 3 day/week split:
Monday- Chest/Back/Shoulders/triceps
Wed- Forearms/biceps/legs
Friday- chest/back/shoulders/triceps

Monday-forearms/biceps/legs
Wed-Chest/back/shoulders/triceps
Friday- forarms/biceps/legs

You get the idea of what we were doing? Now, my question is, how is someone supposed to pick what exercises to do, which are the better choices, which are the best etc etc etc?
I loved how David henry did his workouts, but would just like a description of his workouts, how there done, the rep scheme and the exercises.
Also, would love alternatives....I guess a lot of that would depend on what is available in your gym?

So I would love some feedback on exactly how to train Doggcrapp again and the different variations, diet/nutrition, etc all the things I would need to know.

Peter Rusted
BigPete84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
DC-user
Bantamweight Member

read the stickies
DC-user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
full_belly

you may get told the 4 way split is only for very advanced guys like david henry.....

if you plann on staying 190lb to model dc prob aint the right thing for you??? its not designed to keep you pretty.... just big and strong. good luck brother..
full_belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Ironraider
Light-heavyweight Member

It's been stated by both responses...you will want to start using the three way split. If your looking for routines/exercises etc. as DC User stated read the stickies and read others training journals.

Good luck-Keep posting

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured
Ironraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
ScottMcDonough
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraider View Post
It's been stated by both responses...you will want to start using the three way split. If your looking for routines/exercises etc. as DC User stated read the stickies and read others training journals.

Good luck-Keep posting
People get this messed up...

2 way =MWF vast majority of people should be on for a long time, best for overall growth.

3 way=MTTrF(or something close) advanced bodybuilders who have spent time on the 2 way who need to bring up lagging bodyparts. If nobody knows you are a bodybuilder even in a long sleeve shirt this is not you yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.
ScottMcDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
SuperD
Heavyweight Member

If I was coming back to DC after an extended break I would be going with the two way split all the way refamiliarizing my body to the rigors of this method of training before considering making any changes.
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Pete,

To echo SuperD, Dave and I (I'm the other guy in that video) have been training with the 2 way split now for the past few months since the Olympia last year. Dave's at his all time largest.

Two-way split (which is a three day a week program) is the way to start and the best way to gain muscle mass all over.

-Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
Ironraider
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMcDonough View Post
People get this messed up...

2 way =MWF vast majority of people should be on for a long time, best for overall growth.

3 way=MTTrF(or something close) advanced bodybuilders who have spent time on the 2 way who need to bring up lagging bodyparts. If nobody knows you are a bodybuilder even in a long sleeve shirt this is not you yet.

DOH!!! Yes...my bad, I was trying to convey three days per week training. Having my 8 month old crying in my ear was throwing my thought process off a bit.

Thanks for making the correction!

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured
Ironraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
BigPete84

Dr. Scott....wow it's an honor! It was a thrill to watch both yourself and David in the video!
I was told to post some pictures, so I'll post some pictures from my first show in 2004, in which I dieted 10 months out from a weight of 260lbs to being onstage at 185lbs. I was 20yrs old(turned 20yrs old 3 days out). In this show I won the Junior Division and placed third in the lightheavyweight class.
I'm posting one from onstage and another was a before and after from 260lbs and 200lbs at 2 weeks out. I've lost a lot of pics over the years...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 857932015_l.jpg (7.5 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 1385963119_l.jpg (32.9 KB, 205 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
BigPete84

Now these are from my most recent show in 2006, I competed in the NPC Florida Gold Cup and won the Novice and LightHeavyweight classes. I weighed in at 178lbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139455_636.jpg (39.5 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139456_911.jpg (38.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139457_1144.jpg (39.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139460_7870.jpg (42.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139461_8160.jpg (43.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
BigPete84

Some more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139462_8433.jpg (42.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139463_8697.jpg (40.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139464_8966.jpg (41.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139466_4548.jpg (29.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139467_4822.jpg (33.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
BigPete84

more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139469_5321.jpg (38.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139470_5595.jpg (37.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg n598060416_1139550_8172.jpg (23.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
BigPete84

Here are a select few from a photoshoot taken, January 27th 2009
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 004.jpg (625.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 203.jpg (812.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 396.jpg (964.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 451.jpg (1,007.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 559.jpg (673.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #14
BigPete84

Here's a few more...I have some actual poses I took that morning on a friend's camera, but she hasn't passed them along to me yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 957.jpg (925.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 982.jpg (734.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 988.jpg (747.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 999.jpg (892.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg NorthAmericanBodiesFullShoot 1266.jpg (922.2 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
full_belly

good shape bro..... sorry didn realise you actrually competed, you made it sound like you modeled first and foremost....

damn.... dieting from 260lb to 185lb must have really taken hard work.....
full_belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #16
BigDownUnder
Intense Muscle Vet

Have you had a pec tear before?
"This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit
& use this

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
for a 5% Discount

BigDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
BigPete84

No my pec hasn't torn before....I'll let everyone know. I was born almost 4 months premature, I think at 24 weeks? I weighed 1 lb 13oz. The pec scar that goes from the center of my chest all the way to my arm pit is supposedly from my lungs collapsing 4 times and from having to repair a "hole" so to speak in my heart. I was always told I had a "hole in my heart".
So that is why you see the scar across my chest. In the photoshoot pics I weighed in at 190-192lbs...
Personally, I think I just need more thickness, my upper chest/tie ins, my hamstrings, my outer thigh sweep, my lower lats and lower back are where I need the most work....wow that seems like a lot haha
Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
Beefsalad
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPete84 View Post
Now, my question is, how is someone supposed to pick what exercises to do, which are the better choices, which are the best etc etc etc?
I loved how David henry did his workouts, but would just like a description of his workouts, how there done, the rep scheme and the exercises.
Also, would love alternatives....I guess a lot of that would depend on what is available in your gym?

So I would love some feedback on exactly how to train Doggcrapp again and the different variations, diet/nutrition, etc all the things I would need to know.

Peter Rusted

As far as exercise selection, you wanna pick exercises that will allow for the optimal strength progression. Example: military press vs db side laterals. Your gonna push more weight with the mp. That equals more to gain. Compound movements are golden in this program but you still have to have variations and other options because you eventually stall on an exercise and have to switch it out for another one. I am just giving you some quick info but you're gonna have to read the stickies until you know the program inside out. Once you study the program and grasp it, you just have to jump in and do it. You almost have to develop a strategy as to place what exercises where and when in your blast. And yes, your gym has to have a good amount of options to do dc. You basicly have to do your homework first before asking questions. It's all laid out for you in the stickies. The veteran members on this board have put a lot of time and energy into the stickies and have said everything like a broken record til blue in the face, so dont take offense if people get pissed at you if you ask a question that is garaunteed to be answered already in the stickies. Hope this helps.
Beefsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
SuperD
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homonunculus View Post
Pete,
Dave and I (I'm the other guy in that video) have been training with the 2 way split now for the past few months since the Olympia last year. Dave's at his all time largest.

Two-way split (which is a three day a week program) is the way to start and the best way to gain muscle mass all over.

-Scott
Scott, Thank-you for sharing that! I think it's important for the guys to see that even the most advanced trainees often revert back to what many consider the 'beginners DC training' but what is, in actuality, the most effective offseason mass DC training.
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
joshb
Intense Muscle Competitor

did i read that right? 2 or 3% bodyfat?

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ
joshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
Senatus
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
did i read that right? 2 or 3% bodyfat?
Good question. Calipers, I'd guess.

Regardless, Pete, you whipped yourself into very good condition!

If I were you, I'd start back with the 2-way split, MWF, T TH S or what-have-you. You are a good bodybuilder but, IMHO, your recovery at 24-25 y.o. and current size would allow you to best progress on the 2-way. When you reach Dave's level, you'll know it and will be able to fine-tune things as he's done.
Senatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #22
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPete84 View Post
Dr. Scott....wow it's an honor! It was a thrill to watch both yourself and David in the video!
I was told to post some pictures, so I'll post some pictures from my first show in 2004, in which I dieted 10 months out from a weight of 260lbs to being onstage at 185lbs. I was 20yrs old(turned 20yrs old 3 days out). In this show I won the Junior Division and placed third in the lightheavyweight class.
I'm posting one from onstage and another was a before and after from 260lbs and 200lbs at 2 weeks out. I've lost a lot of pics over the years...
Great work, man!!! Hell of a transformation, Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Scott, Thank-you for sharing that! I think it's important for the guys to see that even the most advanced trainees often revert back to what many consider the 'beginners DC training' but what is, in actuality, the most effective offseason mass DC training.
SD,

No problem. I've mentioned it a few times now and will continue to do so. Toss that factoid around all you like, my man.

-S

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
BigPete84

Alright boys and girls....did my first official "welcome back" workout today.
I did Chest/Shoulder/Tricep?Back.

Chest- Low Incline Smith Press
Shoulder- Power Rack Seated Front Press
Triceps- Floor EZ bar Skullcrushers
Back Width- Wide Front Pulldowns(palm facing in)
Back Thickness- T-Bar Rows in the corner

Mentally of course I felt I could and should do more, but that will just be temporary as I work back into "DC mode" I'm sure. I wasn't quite sure of the weights, but for Chest I got a total of 18 reps, Shoulder was 17 reps, Tricep was 11 reps and Pulldowns were 19 reps and the T-bar was a set of 12 trying to stand as upright as possible....

Of course adjustments need to be made in weights, but that will come.

My plan for Wednesday is Forearms/Biceps/Calves/Hamstrings/Quads

Forearms- Hammer Curls(should I do RP or straight set?)
Biceps- Barbell Drag curl (RP)
Calf- Seated Calf Raise(4 min straight set equal to 12 reps)
Hamstrings- Lying Leg curl(RP)
Quads- Barbell Squats(set of 6 and a widowmaker of 20....right? lol)
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #24
KCSuperman
Light-heavyweight Member

hows Dc going bigpete? w

yeah you have to up the intensity on this program as you know(while using precise form or you risk injury) and cut the volume stuff. On the two way doing that many bodyparts is plenty enough. Listen to your body!I'm in the same situation your were in with modeling. Having to stay cut up, even if you don't want to because it pays to do so and when its my only way of money at the moment(other than working shitty factory jobs). Its just something you have to deal with ehhh? Just when you you start to gain a couple pounds another "money opportunity" comes up and the only way to get the money is to look it. Everything has a price. Im doing what I want though. theres another guy named Wake on here that I think modeled or something and stayed cut.
KCSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote