Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
ohyeah1

Kai Greene Interviews

Kai Greene is an unorthodox bodybuilder but what is even more unorthodox are his interviews. I like what he has done with his physique but I can't stand listening to him in his interviews with dave palumbo. The "you knows" get to be extremely annoying. I mean to the point and quit rambling about the manifestation of a bunch of bullshit. Be concise and to the point or people get bored very easily. Listen to guys like Jay Cutler and David Henry and Mark Dugdale when they speak. Very smart men who speak direct and to the point. They still explain themselves extremely well.
ohyeah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
IronBrendan
Super-heavyweight Member

AHAHHAHAHA

"Um, you know"

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...view/1496/204/

"Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! Itís so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like youíre going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

Formerly El_Animal
IronBrendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Heckman

simple answer for you..DON"T LISTEN...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Heckman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Vivid04
Lightweight Member

I didn't think it was a bad interview. He's from New York. That's how they talk. Good interview though. I liked it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Highest Quality, Lowest Prices, TrueProtein.com!
Enter JYW899 at checkout and recieve 5% off your entire order!

Working with ParadiseCup and IslandGirl. Team SKIP! Cheeee Heeee!!!

Vivid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:42 AM   #5
Tight Five
Heavyweight Member

Thought it was a bit fruity myself

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
"My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now" - the Kayser Soze of bodybuilding
My wife holds bands tied around the head board...then I pull on her hips. It still doesn't work well but I like the view - Future 6 October 2008
Tight Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
theroymccoy
Heavyweight Member

Not sure what you're getting at OP...does he owe you to be well-spoken? He is who he is.
theroymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
iron05
Heavyweight Member

dude's physique is retardedly symmetrical and full all around. craziest hamstrings around in a while.

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
-Bruce Lee

Last edited by iron05; 04-16-2008 at 11:06 AM.
iron05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
NovaZ
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid04 View Post
I didn't think it was a bad interview. He's from New York. That's how they talk. Good interview though. I liked it.
And the ignorant statement of the week goes to you.

Have you ever even been to NYC/LI/Brooklyn etc? Every person from there speaks like an uneducated teenager like Kai Greene does? I dont think so.

He speaks like an poorly articulated, uneducated (in terms of being vague and borderline clueless) goon. Which IS NOT indicative of people from New York.

People from the area may have an accent but "um's" and "ya knows" and poor speech, they do not.
"Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnt matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. Ive got scars and blood and vomit." - Jim Wendler

Have my posts helped you out? Then help me out by using the Discount Code DLJ115 at TrueProtein to get 5% off your total order.
NovaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight Five View Post
Thought it was a bit fruity myself

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
LMAO!! was that a shot at his grapefruit love or just a coincidental comment?
weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.

Jay Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
Vivid04
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaZ View Post

Have you ever even been to NYC/LI/Brooklyn etc? Every person from there speaks like an uneducated teenager like Kai Greene does? I dont think so.

He speaks like an poorly articulated, uneducated (in terms of being vague and borderline clueless) goon. Which IS NOT indicative of people from New York.
Some of my family lives there and they do say happen to say, "ya know" kind of a lot. Just like how some people end their statements in, "huh?" Or how we here in Hawai'i say, "yeah?" at the end of sentences. It's a location thing brah. I'm not an ignorant person, not saying I know everything, but if you've traveled and lived in many different places like me, you notice that people do speak different based on where they live. Just like how everyone stereotypes people from the South to have a little "twang" in their voice. "Ya know?"

Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
NovaZ
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Some of my family lives there and they do say happen to say, "ya know" kind of a lot. Just like how some people end their statements in, "huh?" Or how we here in Hawai'i say, "yeah?" at the end of sentences. It's a location thing brah. I'm not an ignorant person, not saying I know everything, but if you've traveled and lived in many different places like me, you notice that people do speak different based on where they live. Just like how everyone stereotypes people from the South to have a little "twang" in their voice. "Ya know?"
I dont want to make this a bigger deal than it is. Ive lived in three different places (LI, NY; Champaign, Illinois; and Erie, Pennsylvania) so I have experience with different demographics. In my experience, New York in home to the most educated and knowledge in terms of life experience of the three.

For one there is a difference between saying "um" or "ya know" a lot and speaking like Kai Greene does (poor articulated, vague, borderline uneducated). Also everyone everywhere says "um" its not a location thing.

If you had said "In my opinion from my experience people from New York say "ya know" and "um" a lot." there would be no issue being it would just be a poor opinion.

But saying that Kai Green is representative of people from New York, wrongo, completely.

In addition, if memory serves Kai Green is from Florida isnt he?

Im not going to turn this into something like Sentinel whining about being offended. Ive said my piece.
"Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnt matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. Ive got scars and blood and vomit." - Jim Wendler

Have my posts helped you out? Then help me out by using the Discount Code DLJ115 at TrueProtein to get 5% off your total order.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Vivid04
Lightweight Member

Quote:
I dont want to make this a bigger deal than it is. Ive lived in three different places (LI, NY; Champaign, Illinois; and Erie, Pennsylvania) so I have experience with different demographics. In my experience, New York in home to the most educated and knowledge in terms of life experience of the three.

In addition, if memory serves Kai Green is from Florida isnt he?

Im not going to turn this into something like Sentinel whining about being offended. Ive said my piece.
Well, he's a freakin good pro and no matter his speech (which isn't a big deal IMO), he's definitely making a name for himself. I'm not offended, just think its funny that you called me out over on the matter. No worries. And some people say "um", who cares? Its not a big deal - The End

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #13
IslandGirl
Intense Muscle Competitor

Kai is guest posing this weekend at The Steel City in Pueblo. He is also having a seminar at World's Gym on Friday evening. Should be good.
IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #14
Vivid04
Lightweight Member

Kai's an awesome guest poser, especially since he's going to be 3 weeks out from the New York.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #15
Tight Five
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenatural View Post
LMAO!! was that a shot at his grapefruit love or just a coincidental comment?
It was indeed his citrus coital behaviour my friend!
"My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now" - the Kayser Soze of bodybuilding
My wife holds bands tied around the head board...then I pull on her hips. It still doesn't work well but I like the view - Future 6 October 2008
Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #16
Sgt Pain
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Yeah Good one Vivid. How do you make a blanket statement, saying"that's how they talk"? There are 9 million people in the city alone, and I think Nova and I would recognize if everyone talked like that. It seems to me you have stereotyped New Yorkers from things you've seen in movies. We're not all Italian mobsters either, just in case you thought we were.

Quote:

People from the area may have an accent but "um's" and "ya knows" and poor speech, they do not.
Nailed it bro. Couldn't have said it better. You walk two blocks in my neighnorhood, and hear ten different languages, which I do on a daily basis.

RE the interview, Kai is a nice guy, but things like this are why bodybuilding will never be mainstream. You have a few guys like Cutler,Dugdale,Henry,Heath, who give great interviews, but unfortunately those are not what bodybuilding gets judged by. It get's judged by interviews like this, people fucking grapefruits, and steroid rings/drug busts.

Not saying I like it, just saying that it is what it is.

Sarge

Just eatin and liftin you know?
Sgt Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
Tight Five
Heavyweight Member

Touche my friend, touche
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #18
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

RE the interview, Kai is a nice guy, but things like this are why bodybuilding will never be mainstream. You have a few guys like Cutler,Dugdale,Henry,Heath, who give great interviews, but unfortunately those are not what bodybuilding gets judged by. It get's judged by interviews like this, people fucking grapefruits, and steroid rings/drug busts.

Not saying I like it, just saying that it is what it is.

Sarge[/QUOTE]

excellent post sarge, BB is my most considered a weird subculture that is personified by, massive drug intake, "gay for pay" and unsavory characters. The best thing we can do is not reinforce that stereotype by our behaviors, habits and how we relate to people.
2014-USPA State PL
2014-HI Strongman
2013-USPA Raw Challenge PL
2013-WABDL Push/Pull
2013-USPA State PL
2013-AAU State PL
2011-USPA Metro
2010-NPC Stingrey
2009-NPC Islands
2009-NPC Stingrey
2009-ABA Islands
2002-ABA Islands
2002-ABA IronWorks
2001-NPC Paradise Cup
2001-ABA Olympia
2001-ABA Islands
2000-NPC Nat.Tri-State
2000-INBF Midwest Musclefest
1998-NGA Heart of Ill
1998-INBF Ohio

Last edited by trucelt; 04-17-2008 at 12:46 PM.
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
Vivid04
Lightweight Member

Jeez! If everyone's going to rip on me over 1 statement, then go ahead. Sometimes people say things knowing what they mean, but obviously no one else gets it. Sorry for not saying, "That's just how he talks. Maybe its cuz he's from NY IMO. idk. I;m an idiot and stereotype people for no reason." You know what; That's just how he talks. I see nothing wrong with it and at least actually answers the question with more thought than the robots like Jay, etc. Nothing against them, but I'd rather have someone give me an answer and explain the reasoning why than just an answer and leave me wondering. I'm done. I apologize to all of you who think I'm an idiot. Sorry to offend you. (I based my answer on the family I have there Sarge, you should have read my other post.) I'm done on this subject.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #20
iron05
Heavyweight Member

eeeesh.
i think every damn thread i have clicked on today has some type of hostility.

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
-Bruce Lee
iron05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #21
bigoso

Kai really takes a beating on the boards....bottom line, he has a great physique and is one of today's top pros. Not to dwell on what vivid said...maybe it would be clearer if he said that's how people from the hood in NY speak..because Kai is from the hood. What I see as more of a reason for the way he speaks is this...dude is an artist. I don't know about you guys but most of the talented artists ( painting, music, etc.) I've known in my life are f'ing nuts....there's just something in there head that isn't quite right....think it kind of comes with the territory when you have these really creative people
bigoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #22
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

yo bigoso-

those are some thick-ass wheels in your avatar man!
2014-USPA State PL
2014-HI Strongman
2013-USPA Raw Challenge PL
2013-WABDL Push/Pull
2013-USPA State PL
2013-AAU State PL
2011-USPA Metro
2010-NPC Stingrey
2009-NPC Islands
2009-NPC Stingrey
2009-ABA Islands
2002-ABA Islands
2002-ABA IronWorks
2001-NPC Paradise Cup
2001-ABA Olympia
2001-ABA Islands
2000-NPC Nat.Tri-State
2000-INBF Midwest Musclefest
1998-NGA Heart of Ill
1998-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #23
NovaZ
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
Kai really takes a beating on the boards....bottom line, he has a great physique and is one of today's top pros. Not to dwell on what vivid said...maybe it would be clearer if he said that's how people from the hood in NY speak..because Kai is from the hood. What I see as more of a reason for the way he speaks is this...dude is an artist. I don't know about you guys but most of the talented artists ( painting, music, etc.) I've known in my life are f'ing nuts....there's just something in there head that isn't quite right....think it kind of comes with the territory when you have these really creative people
Two things...

Someone correct me if Im wrong but isnt Kai native to Florida as I said earlier?

And two, and this is a fact, that video has him working out at Bev Francis in Syosset. Firstly, Syosset is not the hood and Bev Francis is quite the facility. Secondly, there isnt even a place that could be considered "the hood" on Long Island, especially the further east you go.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
Tight Five
Heavyweight Member

And his 'paintings aren't art, they're pornography. Bodybuilding aside I think he has some issues
Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #25
bigoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucelt View Post
yo bigoso-

those are some thick-ass wheels in your avatar man!
thanks bro!
bigoso is offline   Reply With Quote