Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
stoclkli

Lagging fron delts

I have been training hard since I was 18 years old, very few breaks (new job in 04' led to no gym time until late 06', one other break because I moved far from my gym) I used to read a lot of articles about people working front delts too much and how this leads to a front delt heavy look. Subsequently, I seem to have neglected my front delts (no wonder my BB bench press is not that great)

Upon looking in the mirror recently I discovered my front delts seem to be lacking compared to my lateral delts and upper pec area.

Im hoping some of you may be able to give me suggestions on how to remedy this.

Right now I am working shoulders once a week and since my discovery switched to this shoulder routine. This is part of a high volume program I am 3 weeks into.

I am alternating three exercises, push presses, upright barbell rows and seated DB press right now.

I am doing a 10 X 10 program (variation of German Volume training)

I really want to concentrate on bringing my front delts up but dont want to stop my volume program at the moment.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Take it easy on me Im a noob here!
stoclkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
btech
Light-heavyweight Member

You said you have been training since you were 18. How old are you now? (i.e. how many years have you been training?)

Do you train with a logbook? If not, then here's a solution - get one, record your workouts and beat the logbook each time.....get stronger in these shoulder exercises overtime and your front delts'll grow.
btech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
stoclkli

sorry

I am 31 now.

I trained in HS too for football but not very seriously.

I am about 5'9 235 and around 18-20% BF.

I do train with a log book.

I guess my question should have read, in your guys opinion would the exercises chosen be the best for bringing up my front delts while not hurting overall shoulder development, if not what do you all suggest.

thanks again.
stoclkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
btech
Light-heavyweight Member

What are your tricep exercises? Do you also include weighted dips and incline CGBP? These will also hit the front delts pretty well.

Seated presses work well - they allow you to use more weight due to the fact that your core and legs have to work hard stabilizing your body. Then again, the push presses allow for heavier weights too.....keep hitting it hard man!

P.S.
http://www.intensemuscle.com/6461-ti...ow-you-do.html

Last edited by btech; 02-21-2008 at 02:42 PM.
btech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
rubinsteinnyc
Light-heavyweight Member

what is a PUSH PRESS??
i dont do front delts directly anymore... get enough from chest workouts... to me ur doing too much. for me, btn smith and seated lateral raises in 12-15 rep range do the trick

NEMO, NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT...

"I'm always misunderstanding shit. It reminds me of the time this girl at the gym asked me if I'd train her....

I thought DAMN HELL YEAH!

Told her "Let me call some of my buddies and we'll set it up" -SuperD
rubinsteinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote