Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
DJansen
Lightweight Member

Question about macros.

I just started a personal training class and I have to say I am learning alot. One thing I had a quesiton on was macros. for losing weight the macros are 25%p,25%f,50%c and for bulking its 25%f, 60%c and 15%p. Our trainer says that this has worked very well for people and many bbers subscribe to this macro split. This goes against alot of what I have been doing, any thoughts? to you trainers, what macro split works for majority of your cliets. I know every body is different but as a general guideline.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
cr1k3y
Bantamweight Member

I think those numbers are way off. If bulking and eating 4000 cals, and only 15% is protein, that's like...150 grams?
cr1k3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Myth
Heavyweight Member

Well sine most of my clients need to lose fat, I have them on a Palumbo type keto diet, using about 50% fats/ 50% protein

If I have a client that wants to gain muscle, I keep protein at 1.5/lb, fats at .5/lb and the rest of their calorie requirements for carbs.

I first always determine what and how much they are eating by having them go to fitday.com so I can see everything they eat. From there I have a good base from which to create their diet.

Myth's Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote