Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
mhschiefs97
Middleweight Member

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction...

I started to play baseball again and I need to improve my running speed (like 60 time) and arm strength. I wanted to know if anyone here knows some good sources for information since google sends me to bb.com forums and articles for the most part.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DISCOUNT CODE- CGD555

"If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
-Trop
mhschiefs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
ScottMcDonough
Intense Muscle Vet

The go to man for me when it comes to sports training is Joe Defranco. I know he's answered questions on his Q and A about baseball in the past and he has a good template setup for off season athletes called Westside for Skinny Bastards. www.defrancostraining.com
ScottMcDonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
Godsmack
Middleweight Member

60/30 splits

60 seconds of walking fast or light jogging
30 seconds of dead out sprints

if you don't wanna go on time use goals ahead like phone poles, cars, etc.

make sure you stretch ALOT before AND afterwards.

For pitching arm strength, cable crossovers, and forarm work are fundamentals.

J
Godsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
mhschiefs97
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMcDonough View Post
The go to man for me when it comes to sports training is Joe Defranco. I know he's answered questions on his Q and A about baseball in the past and he has a good template setup for off season athletes called Westside for Skinny Bastards. www.defrancostraining.com
Thanks bro, this thing is perfect. The part 3 has how to incorporate running and stuff so I am set. Thanks alot.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DISCOUNT CODE- CGD555

"If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
-Trop
mhschiefs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Adam2433
IntenseMuscle Competitor

cable crossovers are important for arm strength when throwing? lol

weight training has a place in a baseball conditioning program but certainly not at the fore front. bands, plyometrics and sprt specific drills are far more important.

as far as arm strength nothing beats progressivly longer long toss 2-3 times a week.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
hossjob
Middleweight Member

Oh man, I just saw this! This is what I'm talking about. Boy could I help you. Honestly.

Let me tell you something. In high school they said I was the only person that could turn a double into a single. I ran a 7.6 - 60yd my freshman year in college and did not start because of my speed. I went home and BUSTED MY ASS all summer. I came back and started. I was the leadoff hitter. I ran a 6.8 - 60 my sophomore and got my 40 time to 4.6. I was a catcher.

Also, I am now a professional pitching/hitting instructor for an elite baseball academy in Ohio. PM me.

"The game is the same it's just up on another level." Bob Dylan - PO' BOY

*Nov 15 - NGA Pro Universe (pro debut)

ALR Industries Sponsored Athlete
IFPA/NGA Pro Bodybuilder
hossjob is offline   Reply With Quote