Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

What kind of physique do women prefer?...

OK Guys and Ladies, I'll open this up to you.

Are women intimidated, turned off, grossed out by overly muscular physiques?

Its my understanding that this is the case, and there seems to be research supporting this (basically that an overly muscular physique represents an egotistical, vain personality).

Men, do you tend to find women like in terms of physiques?
Brad Pitt, Frank Sepe, Ahmad Haidar, Ronnie Coleman?...

Women, what do you like personally (or does it really matter) and what do you perceive women's general liking to be?...

-Randy
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
SweatMachine
Super Moderator

Location: If my foot was up your ass, you'd know exactly where I was !
Mine likes em big and thick....she doesnt mind if theyre lean at the same time either! No skinny as boys for her.

That which we manifest lies before us.
SweatMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #3
Trulyhuge
Intense Muscle Vet

Most women like the Muscle and Fitness look. To me I could give a damn, lol. If they like ya they like ya!

TH
(SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!
Trulyhuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:27 AM   #4
SuperSport
Heavyweight Member

I think most women like slender, lean kinda guys.

I think they believe the stereotype about muscleheads like us...just like Randy mentioned-vain,egotistical, and self centered.
What a load of crap that is. Personally I believe most BBer's are pretty sensitive guys that enjoy helping people.

I do think alot of women fantasize about being with a musclehead though......it just isn't proper to go around telling their GF's stuff like that....not to mention if they talked like that alot it would give their current man-who is probablya fat ass-a sure sense of insecurity. Most women try to protect their man's ego.

However-and I can speak from experience-I have been around groups of people where I recall girls saying stuff like-"that big shit doesn't impress me" (an actual quote a girl said to me in a group setting that I ended up dating later on)-and they really enjoyed getting freaky with a hardbodied musclehead. Really enjoyed it-to the 25th power.

I am sure every guy on the board knows exactly what I am talking about.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
moose104

Well, I may be in the minority here but I think you are all wrong. I think that women are trying to decide between a large individual with a 42 inch chest and a 48 inch waist or the skinny, drawn out heroin addict look. At least it seems that way to me when I am out and about.

Moose
moose104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:46 AM   #6
Rick85
Bantamweight Member

attraction is so much about behavioral chacteristics and power/money that looks is a small percentage, and in that muscles are extremely small although they make you more confident which contributes to behavioral characteristics
Rick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:59 AM   #7
Trulyhuge
Intense Muscle Vet

I am fortunate enough to have g/f who, even though she doesn't understand bodybuilding or things that go along with it, loves me and knows how much it means to me and is happy for me! Being there when I am onstage and cheering me on because she has seen how hard I have worked. I think that if people ACTUALLY realized what we put our bodies through they would have a better appreciation for bodybuilding! People think steroids make you big automatically w/out training or diet, etc.

TH
(SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!
Trulyhuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #8
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok

I agree most women shy away from the big muscle look for whatever reason. It may also have to do with the negative public opinion towards steroids, particularly of late. Perfect example is the other night at my son's middle school concert, I got there late as I came right from the gym in my workout clothes, as we were leaving there was a group of 4 or 5 teen girls (14 yrs old maybe?). Anyway as I walked by they were dead silent, after I passed I heard them start to giggle then one says"looks like he's all roided up!"

This is obviously an attitude these kids are learning from somewhere, be it the media or whatever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #9
homonunculus

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperSport
....-and they really enjoyed getting freaky with a hardbodied musclehead. Really enjoyed it-to the 25th power.

I am sure every guy on the board knows exactly what I am talking about.
SS, I was with ya until this last part... LOL.

-R

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
Old 05-19-2004, 09:29 AM   #10
homonunculus

Quote:
Originally posted by KidRok
Anyway as I walked by they were dead silent, after I passed I heard them start to giggle then one says"looks like he's all roided up!"

This is obviously an attitude these kids are learning from somewhere, be it the media or whatever.
Hey KR,

I think the media's involved, but also that they may have older siblings or fellow students who actually *are* roided up...

-R

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #11
homonunculus

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick85
attraction is so much about behavioral chacteristics and power/money that looks is a small percentage, and in that muscles are extremely small although they make you more confident which contributes to behavioral characteristics
Very good point, Rick. Along those lines, do you think that its not uncommon that simply being very muscular sounds out a non-verbal signal (like other behavioral characteristics) that women perceive negatively?...

-R

Old 05-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #12
GetnBigr
IM Veteran Member

I think there are a lot of different women out there with different tastes or attractions toward a certain body type and personality type. If you ask a group of women that are hanging out together, you will probably find that they all share a similar opinion in their preferences. On the other hand, ask girls at random and you will more than likely find a much broader spectrum of opinions.

Now since we're talking in general terms, I think women are more drawn to a certain personality more so than a physical appearance. Think about it, we have all seen some really beautiful women with an average or below average man. And we have all thought, "how the hell did he get that girl!"

GetnBigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #13
pudge
Middleweight Member

here in South Florida, u better be big, or atleast in shape to get noticed.. Im naturally a very quiet laid back kinda guy, but always get a bad rap cause of my appearance...The truth?? Women are not a good enough reason to kill urself day in and day out in the gym and in the kitchen just to look good for them. A woman, a real woman, is gonna like the person u are regardless of appearance...Though i believe a woman wants a man that is confident and head-strong.. She does not want a man who cant stand on his own two feet and seems to fall apart everytime something goes wrong..

Thats why i think as a bodybuilder, a real dedicated bodybuilder, a woman can appreciate more.. Cause we learn to deal with ups and downs in a totally different way than the average joe.. Bodybuilding is a place where u lose urself and u find urself..It builds not only ur body, but ur character..U grow up and man up faster..And im pretty sure a woman can appreciate that also..

Some of us are lucky enough to find a partner who believes in us and backs us up every step of the way.. And if a woman judges u as being vain and egotistical cause of ur appearance, then just keep walking, she not worth it...Ur not the one with the problem.

Pudge

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"
pudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #14
SuperSport
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally posted by homonunculus
Very good point, Rick. Along those lines, do you think that its not uncommon that simply being very muscular sounds out a non-verbal signal (like other behavioral characteristics) that women perceive negatively?...

-R
A very good point/question. I think the non-verbal signal is that guys like us are self centered and egotistical.

I do think when intimacy is involved that women like muscular men. Unfortunately our society still has a double standard regarding gender and sexuality-albeit some of that is starting to loosen.

Just a note here-Is it me or have you guys noticed that FAT girls really dig muscular men????

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #15
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

all girls dig muscular men deep down inside - the fat ones are just bein honest. muscularity will never go out of style.

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #16
american idol
Heavyweight Member

I'd much rather have a big muscular guy than a lean one. I can't stand putting my arms around a guy and feel like I'm hugging myself. Even strong, independent women want to feel protected and a lean guy just doesn't say "protector" to me.

What gets me drooling is a guy's chest. OMG, if a guy has a built chest & abs, I can forget my own name.

MOD @

american idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:03 PM   #17
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

for some reason your avatar really bothers me...

whats a female definition of "lean" or "skinny"?

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #18
american idol
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MsteveM
for some reason your avatar really bothers me...

whats a female definition of "lean" or "skinny"?
LOL, sorry, I'm not ready to post my own pic yet. I put the avatar up hoping to get a smile out of some of you. I promise, I do look alot better than this guy & I sing alot better too.

When I talk about a lean guy I think of someone like an olympic swimmer. While they're fit & very healthy & probably pretty strong, it's still too thin.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:23 PM   #19
redrocks

When it comes to physical attraction, I think most women prefer a smaller and less muscular physique (the typical GQ-guy). I was on a beach in Florida last year with a bunch of women and a man who was obviously a bodybuilder was hanging on the beach in front of us. I was doing a double take to check him out and none of my girlfriends could understand why and they're all pretty athletic. I dated a basketball player once who trained his legs and the big, muscular legs were a total turn-on! Perhaps its one of the things you have to be exposed to-once you've gone big you can't back?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #20
american idol
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally posted by redrocks
Perhaps its one of the things you have to be exposed to-once you've gone big you can't back?
That's so true in more ways than one!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 01:04 PM   #21
benz0118

If you had Donald Trump's bank account, do you think it matters whether you were muscular, thin, or fat to be attractive to women? There's always someone out there who will be attracted to you no matter what. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle I live for myself and myself only. My GF happens to like it, my EX didn't.
benz0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #22
Syn
KidRok's Lady

Wow, look what I missed!!
Ok, my 2 cents.

Quote:
If you had Donald Trump's bank account, do you think it matters whether you were muscular, thin, or fat to be attractive to women?
May hold true for a few....very few. No matter how much $$ you have, if there's no attraction & friendship, forget it.

Quote:
I was doing a double take to check him out and none of my girlfriends could understand why ......
Yup, been there.

Quote:
What gets me drooling is a guy's chest. OMG, if a guy has a built chest & abs, I can forget my own name.
Oh ya, but only if the arms match. But I gotta say.....KR's legs are awsome! I love the warm weather when he wears shorts

Quote:
Think about it, we have all seen some really beautiful women with an average or below average man. And we have all thought, "how the hell did he get that girl!"
And why do the really fat girls go for the really skinny guys? Or vise versa?!

On a serious side....You're attracted to a person by looks first but a man has to have a personality, mannors & most of all a sense of humor to keep you.

Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com

FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:10 PM   #23
Rick85
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally posted by homonunculus

-R
in order to be in shape and be a successfull bodybuilder you have to put a lot of time into yourself, which can be seen as self centered for some girls, and some girls may be intimidated and think that you think theyre out of your league
Rick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #24
homonunculus

Quote:
Originally posted by american idol
LOL, sorry, I'm not ready to post my own pic yet. I put the avatar up hoping to get a smile out of some of you. I promise, I do look alot better than this guy & I sing alot better too.
Better than this?...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=shebang.wmv

I don't believe it. You must REALLY bang!!! LMAO

-R
Old 05-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #25
homonunculus

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick85
in order to be in shape and be a successfull bodybuilder you have to put a lot of time into yourself, which can be seen as self centered for some girls, and some girls may be intimidated and think that you think theyre out of your league
LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I hear from a couple of the female personal trainers at the gym that their female clients often comment that I look like a really mean and nasty guy. One trainer in particular knows how laughable this is and usually calls me over to introduce me. (It might also be that I sound like a grizzly bear trying to give birth to a Ford mustang when I lift some days... LOL)

-R