Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
needpaintogain
Lightweight Member

"Dude are you on roids??"....Nah bro, DC

I have to say that out of all my training over the past five years, I have never made gains in size and strength as quick as when I started DC. I read the program, posts and comments over and over to understand as much as I could.

In July of this year, after months of research and planning, I decided to give it a go.....I was at 218lbs at that time...

Today, I was at the gym and a buddy of mine I havent seen in a while due to school saw me and his first statement was "Dude, Are you on roids??".....I simply told him no, Im on DC and then had to explain to him and he thought I was BS'n him

I weighed myself and I am 242lbs right now......Now Im not saying it is all muscle, but my waist size has not budged so I cant say its bodyfat as well....What I have noticed is my shoulders are wider, my arms bigger, my strength has progressed faster than any bullshit workout plan I saw in FLEX, and people are taking notice.....

Special thanks to this board, those that responded on my journal, and the wealth of information that Dante and other DC experts have so graciously provided for anyone who is willing to pay their dues in the gym

I wish I could give you guys a before and after photo

"If it works, do it. If it doesn't, don't. My attitude is, don't agonize over why. " ---Dorian Yates
needpaintogain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
Jerzey
Light-heavyweight Member

i have been asked if i am a cop, football player and had some people go DAMN you got thick...so yeah DC makes you grow a little bit
Old 12-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
fullthrottle
Bantamweight Member

good work. one of the best compliments someone can give you is asking if you are on steroids. I think it was Skip LaCour who said something like, "having a physique that people believe is natural isn't worth having"
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
Shawn "Future" Bellon
Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011

Congrats on the progress! Feels good huh?
#1 masters raw 275 powerlifter regardless of federation according to Powerliftingwatch
Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
code SHB747...or gremlins will eat your face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shawn "Future" Bellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
needpaintogain
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future
Congrats on the progress! Feels good huh?
You said it bro, Its like a huge relief that finally I am with a program that actually works, and nothing is more satisfying than knowing you are making progress and doing it without steroids....

I was told for years that you cant make crazy gains unless you take roids, Ill say first hand that is complete bullshit....One thing I have definitely learned is through this program is that food is your best weapon....Some days I cant stand eating....But I do it, and it has paid off....And that feels friggin fantastic!

"If it works, do it. If it doesn't, don't. My attitude is, don't agonize over why. " ---Dorian Yates
Old 12-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Shawn "Future" Bellon
Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011

Dont give up. Keep doing what you are doing. Too many think drugs are the answer. THEY ARENT. BUST YOUR ASS! EAT RIGHT. REST....and go to church.
#1 masters raw 275 powerlifter regardless of federation according to Powerliftingwatch
Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Use
code SHB747...or gremlins will eat your face.

Shawn "Future" Bellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
riggard

hm, i guess i should continue training my ass of then, cuz they don't ask me that

but yeah, i really notice people looking at you strange, when they are benching the weight that you do for barbell curls, that gives me a funny feeling, because i am progressing and i am training effective, but i know they will be benching mayb 5 kilo's more in 1 year.
riggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
BULK_CITY
Middleweight Member

i used to get this a lot b/c I went from 160 to 200 in less than a year

also - about 2 months ago I got asked for workout advice in the gym from a total stranger. First time some ever did that and dam it felt good lol
BULK_CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #9
needpaintogain
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggard
i really notice people looking at you strange, when they are benching the weight that you do for barbell curls.
Yeah man I hear ya, trust me I work out at this place in Jersey that is more or less a friggin social gathering and these guys have their groups they work out with who think they are strong and crap

I noticed one day they kept lookin at me, so I put my ipod on pause so I could hear what they were saying but made it look like I didnt hear.....They were cracking up at the way I was training and especially when I was Extreme stretching....They thought I was trying to do flyes but couldnt get the weight up.....That was then.......

Today, Im not only bigger but way stronger, and those hundred pound barbell curls they were doing months ago with such terrible form that by back hurts just looking at it, they are still doing the same weight, look the same size but are getting that magical "pump" that seems to satisfy them, and are now asking me how did I get stronger and bigger so quick....

I never forgot the crap they talked before, so when they ask, I give them a BS answer that Im on Celltech and Nitrotech......I know they are bullshitters, not just cause they talked crap.......But for other reasons

The reason being......WHO GOES TO A GYM TO WORK OUT WITH THEIR HAIR ALL FIXED UP WITH GEL AND WEARS CLOTHES LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO A CLUB AND CAN BE TAKEN SERIOUS THAT THEY ARE THERE TO WORK OUT?????? I cant stand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but payback feels so good when you leave the shit talkers in the dust

Old 12-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
riggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by needpaintogain
I live in holland and the way you describe it, its almost the same as here, guess those guys are everywhere. you have those guys in my gym, they have 10 spotters when benchpressing (if you know what i mean) they occupy a machine for like 10 minutes and they don't progress at all. but yoh boy when you do something they haven't seen in their fancy fitness magazines, they look at you as if they see water burning.

luckyly i'm not that much of a machine man (if i use them, its for legs and, ofcourse they don't do legs) and i don't use dumbells lower then 8 kg, so the equipment isnt quite a problem
riggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
mhschiefs97
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Yeah man I hear ya, trust me I work out at this place in Jersey that is more or less a friggin social gathering and these guys have their groups they work out with who think they are strong and crap

I noticed one day they kept lookin at me, so I put my ipod on pause so I could hear what they were saying but made it look like I didnt hear.....They were cracking up at the way I was training and especially when I was Extreme stretching....They thought I was trying to do flyes but couldnt get the weight up.....That was then.......

Today, Im not only bigger but way stronger, and those hundred pound barbell curls they were doing months ago with such terrible form that by back hurts just looking at it, they are still doing the same weight, look the same size but are getting that magical "pump" that seems to satisfy them, and are now asking me how did I get stronger and bigger so quick....

I never forgot the crap they talked before, so when they ask, I give them a BS answer that Im on Celltech and Nitrotech......I know they are bullshitters, not just cause they talked crap.......But for other reasons

The reason being......WHO GOES TO A GYM TO WORK OUT WITH THEIR HAIR ALL FIXED UP WITH GEL AND WEARS CLOTHES LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO A CLUB AND CAN BE TAKEN SERIOUS THAT THEY ARE THERE TO WORK OUT?????? I cant stand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but payback feels so good when you leave the shit talkers in the dust
haha, I hear ya. People have started to get used to my chest stretch and don't run over anymore thinking I need a spot.

One thing I don't like about the group of kids is that they try to go to the gym to look good and try to look big. I go to the gym to lift big to try and get big, and if I look big while I am doing it that feels pretty damn good.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."

DISCOUNT CODE- CGD555

"If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
-Trop
mhschiefs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #12
needpaintogain
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschiefs97

One thing I don't like about the group of kids is that they try to go to the gym to look good and try to look big. .
Dude, im not even talking about kids, im talking about 25-40 year olds that are doing this crap....I will be going to back to my old gym, theres actually pictures out there of Alexander Federov working out there a few days before the NY PRO show they had this year, its really a hardcore gym

I only switched to this one cause my girl wanted me to go to the gym with her cause these pricks were hitting on her and she couldnt get anything done....I should of known what I was in for when it was called ******* Fitness and wellness center........Definitely not a place for serious lifters which i found out......I dont want to use the full name cause I dont know if I would get in trouble, but its on Rt.22 in New Jersey if any guys on here from jersey are interested.....DONT GO THERE!!!!!!!

Anyways there arent really teens that are there, but middle aged people, and they all carry their cell phones and talk on it between sets and crap, makes me wanna puke

Old 12-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #13
bigcity
IntenseMuscle VIP Member/ Intense Set of the Month May 2007

Great gym bro, keep hamering it out and the skys the limit
Old 12-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #14
rubinsteinnyc
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
good work. one of the best compliments someone can give you is asking if you are on steroids. I think it was Skip LaCour who said something like, "having a physique that people believe is natural isn't worth having"
hmmm... it is a compliment to be asked if UR ON JUICE... when the person askin the question is sb that is bigger than urself... other than that... my classmates(average weight, 160) would bug me all the time even before i hit 220... when i was 245 some bigger dudes in the gym were lookin at me with a grin ( no, no homo :P)
rubinsteinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #15
rubinsteinnyc
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschiefs97
haha, I hear ya. People have started to get used to my chest stretch and don't run over anymore thinking I need a spot.

One thing I don't like about the group of kids is that they try to go to the gym to look good and try to look big. I go to the gym to lift big to try and get big, and if I look big while I am doing it that feels pretty damn good.
ehmmm ppl younger than YOU go to your gym? ;>
rubinsteinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #16
IronReload 04
Heavyweight Member

I have kind of a cool story

I saw a person I have not seen in 7 years. Their mouth literally hit the floor. We didnt get along very well, and she walked in, and walked right out right away.

I get the roid comments often also, it gives a very warm feeling.

Even though all that feels good, its not why i do this, its just a side effect, and that seems to be pretty universal around here. its why i love this place, i think all of us lift for the right reasons

keep it up man

keep it up

Last edited by IronReload 04; 12-16-2006 at 01:41 PM.
IronReload 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #17
mhschiefs97
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinsteinnyc
ehmmm ppl younger than YOU go to your gym? ;>
My gym is next to a high school. I am young, but it is a very good gym. The owner has pictures of almost every bodybuilder on the walls circling the gym. One trainer holds a bench press record. Alot of guys are serious about working out and know what their doing and if you try and do a workout for biceps swinging the dumbells up or half range of motions on other exercises people will say something to you.
For example most of us have never seen those hack squats that trop were doing and I was able to ask the owner if he knew how to do them so that I can have someone check my form. And he knew how, and that is not something you would expect the owner of a gym to know how to do.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."

DISCOUNT CODE- CGD555

"If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
-Trop
mhschiefs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #18
corneliusparkin

I got the comment when i was 17 and deadlifted 5plates per side for the first time at 154lb that comment means nothing to me because i have heard that allways and then when i was 230lb and looked jacked to the hilt i had some one ask me if i train with weights
corneliusparkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #19
HouseOfAtlas
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusparkin
I got the comment when i was 17 and deadlifted 5plates per side for the first time at 154lb that comment means nothing to me because i have heard that allways and then when i was 230lb and looked jacked to the hilt i had some one ask me if i train with weights
495 DL @ 154 lbs @ 17 years of age? That has to (or had to of been) a record.
HouseOfAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #20
corneliusparkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseOfAtlas
495 DL @ 154 lbs @ 17 years of age? That has to (or had to of been) a record.
It was yeah i have the all time world record at 198lb as a teen 333kg (7 plates a 3/4 and two little extra plates)
corneliusparkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #21
military_muscle
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusparkin
It was yeah i have the all time world record at 198lb as a teen 333kg (7 plates a 3/4 and two little extra plates)

Do you by any chance have that on video? That'd be awesome to see.

"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood."

GEN George S. Patton
military_muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #22
deadlift0
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:

Dude I know what you mean. I have posted this alot in other threads but i work in the gym over at my college its a such a joke. Guys go in there to workout for three hours and socialize and do the same shit every week. Theres one guy everyone looks up to in there. hes my friend and all but he is not the most knowledgeable guy in the wold of fitness and exercise. Just because u can becnhpress 315 with your back and Squat 500 for quarter reps doesnt make you shit.

You can use my TrueProtein Discount code:JSG87

yeah, that's where I saw JT... the airport... do try and pay attention, old chap -RedSkull

WOW! If I were a cannibal DC is getting ketchup all over his boobies! -Future

I tell you I want to choke out most of the gym goers I see...- In-Human
deadlift0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #23
HouseOfAtlas
Middleweight Member

Quote:
....especially when I was Extreme stretching....They thought I was trying to do flyes but couldnt get the weight up.....
I've had a few people come over to me and try to "help me" when I was doing extreme stretching for chest. I know they had good intentions, but it sucks when you have a good, painful stretch, then they try and help you up.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #24
JasonWojo
Intense Muscle Vet

Personally it always pissed me off when people assumed or asked me if I was on juice.

I've been getting those questions for like 10 years so it gets old.

It just makes me realize how pathetic and ignorant people are that think the only way to progress is by using steroids and that's their excuse for looking like shit.

|

Proud to be a TRUE PROTEIN Sponsored Athlete (use the code WOJO for a discount on orders)

JasonWojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #25
HouseOfAtlas
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWojo
Personally it always pissed me off when people assumed or asked me if I was on juice.

I've been getting those questions for like 10 years so it gets old.

It just makes me realize how pathetic and ignorant people are that think the only way to progress is by using steroids and that's their excuse for looking like shit.
By the way you word it, it's hard to tell if you are drug free or not. But, its none of my business. Whether you are or aren't, people will look at you "differently."

Whether you are drug free or not, you have outstanding genetics. I've seen people who are "on" that aren't even close to what you look like. The majority of the population doesn't have your type of genetics. In other words, you are lucky. I'm not saying you didn't work hard to get where you are, but people will assume that you are "on" if you aren't or think steroids will make them look just like you.

If you look at a 21 year old kid driving around in a brand new BMW, 90%+ of people will probably think its "mommy and daddy" who bought it. But, its possible he worked really hard, started his own home remodeling business or something, and is able to afford it easily.

Another scenario... say you see a 5'9" chick that is 120 pounds but has a huge chest. 90%+ of the population would probably assume she has implants, but its very possible her genetics gave that to her.

What I'm trying to say is, a high majority of the population is going to think what they want. The general population sees someone driving a new Mercedes Benz, they think they have a great job and must be well off. Truth is, they could be close to poor and spend almost their whole check on the car to "look good".