Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > General Conversation Forum

General Conversation Forum Casual talk for off-topic discussions.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
jesus rocks
Heavyweight Member

Teaching

just started substitute teaching today...and man i feel bad for the way i did my teachers before i got kicked out... I mean...kids are awesome...and cute...and sweet, but some are grimlins.

And what is the deal with teachers...nearly all of them are very cold and mean. No love whatsoever.I dont know if they have been hardened or what but they are not very nice people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are only three reasons why you may not like the Whopper.
* You hate America and your parents.
* You enjoy killing puppies.
* You are not awesome
I would highly recommend that all first dates happen at Burger King. Order your new girl/guy a Whopper. If he or she refuses feel free to yell, "You are a lame dog killing terrosist!"
TRUE PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: SDM333.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE USE IT
jesus rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
thicknasty
Bantamweight Member

I think a lot of it is relative to what kind of students you have. Well behaved students will definitely make a teachers job more enjoyable leaving them a little less "on the edge" as some teachers can get with trouble students. I substituted for a while so I know from experience that the only way to get through to some students is to get a little mean. Some teachers handle it better than others. My fiancée is a high school math teacher and does a great job with any kind of student at her school or working with the youth group at our church because she can really relate and work well with them. You really have to have a passion for it to not go insane. It didn't take me long substituting to realize my fuse was a tad too short for it.
thicknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Shawn "Future" Bellon
Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011

Yeah I loved sub teaching. LOL That sucked.
#1 masters raw 275 powerlifter regardless of federation according to Powerliftingwatch
Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Use
code SHB747...or gremlins will eat your face.

Shawn "Future" Bellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
5luke2
Banned

i was origonaly going to teach at the highschool level but after a few classroom observations i realized that if a 16 or 17 year old kid didnt get it i would become frustrated way to fast with them. i was gonna dump teaching all together but i was reminded of how much fun i have at the childrens camp i work at every summer.

since then ive switched to elementary ed and love it. i have the patience with younger kids cuz i dont expect them to get it right away. anyways thats how it worked for me. my mom on the other hand has taught highschool all her life and could never stand the lower grades.
5luke2 is offline   Reply With Quote