Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 04-25-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
GS67
Lightweight Member

inhuman

i read where you dont want us to do shrugs.
i need a 3rd shoulder exercise. currently doing smythe front & back. i aldo dont like dumbbell press b/c if by myself, i cannot get the heavier weight over my head.

also, under my leg question which is on page 1, i needed a 3rd hammy exercise as well. my leg press is positioned where it is impossible to do sumo on there(i really wanted to try this) what do you suggest?
GS67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
In-Human
IM Veteran Member

GS67, Do you not have any shoulder machines in your gym, I can go pretty heavy with DB's on shoulder press and I have someone hand me one and I just flip the other one up. You could always go with 20-30 reps r/p with a lighter weight. You can do another Shoulder Press Machine of some kind.

Hams, Standing, Seated, Lying leg Curls, STDL or even Lunges if you think you can progress in weight and it will be a good mass exercise. You could also try to put your feet at the very top of the plate, with just your heels on the plate, feet shoulder to a little wider and come down as far as possible, just be careful your feet do not slip here, give that a try for hams...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Last edited by In-Human; 04-25-2004 at 07:54 PM.
In-Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
Gollum
IntenseMuscle Veteran Member

I really like the Hammerstrength shoulder machines. If you have access to those might want to give it a whirl.
Motivation, undying allegiance
Striving through the hardships and affliction.
Every drop of blood
Every bitter tear
Every bead of sweat
I live for this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
In-Human
IM Veteran Member

Gollum, I love Hammer myself, it just pisses me off if you don't have any 100 lb plates you can only put 5, 45s per side, and after you do 20-30 reps r/p its time to drop it...

Old 04-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
Gollum
IntenseMuscle Veteran Member

Umm yeah...that's a real bummer for me too...*cough*

Show-off...

Motivation, undying allegiance
Striving through the hardships and affliction.
Every drop of blood
Every bitter tear
Every bead of sweat
I live for this

Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
GS67
Lightweight Member

it's a better than avg. gym but possibly suited more towards the older people(elderly). no hack nor a rack cage. they have machines but just the basic stack weighted thing

Old 04-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
GS67
Lightweight Member

inhuman, i stated tht it i snear impossible to do the sumo on the leg press(is this what you are referringt o placing your heel on the board & pressing only with them? if it is, tht is also wht i am referring to) i managed to get them done but i was crunched up like a shrimp in a sushi roll & after each set, my shorts came down pass my ass. thy dont work on this leg press

Old 04-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #8
In-Human
IM Veteran Member

GS67, Not all Leg Press Machines you can perform this exercise, are you doing Stiff Legged Deads?...

Old 04-25-2004, 10:50 PM   #9
jimpaul

Hey GS67, here's a site that I haven't looked over too much, but it gives a bunch of exercises for each bodypart.

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm

Point to the bodypart and there you go. Use the dorsal view for exercises for the rear of the body.

Here's one I'm more familiar with:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtMale.html

Same deal as the other one. Point and go.

Get Stronger
jim
jimpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:11 AM   #10
Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

rest pause dumbell presses at a 20-30rp range GS or get on that machine shoulder press and have a battle to the death over time with that weight stack and once you beat the weight stack chain a dumbell to it and beat the weight stack and the dumbell rack. A machine shouldnt be looked at like a "pussy" exercise--DOMINATE THAT THING!--beat the weight stack first and get to work on the dumbell rack

Facebook:

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote