Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
Brak
Bantamweight Member

The pants are tight, got thermo?

I have recently added some cardio to my program, because I recently (today) hit the magic 200lb mark. A twenty pound gain since starting to do DC. Seems like cause for celebration. but my pants are fitting damn tight so I know it's not all muscle, ok, not even close to all muscle. I can handle the expense of the supps, but a whole new wardrobe to accomodate the fat that comes along with some good muscle gain...not liking that idea much, the fat gain needs to slow down or stop.

So, I've been doing a thirty minute walk a couple mornings a week, doing a 15 minute or so cycle or walk post work out 3 times a week and experimenting with a timed carb thing for a couple weeks. Still went from 198 last week to 199 Sat. and hit 200 today, so I'm still gaining and the pants are not getting tighter, and maybe the pants are even getting just a placebo's width looser... maybe.

Point to all this...I was looking through some old writings of Dante's and he mentions taking some thermos while doing this kind of thing to keep the fat to a minimum, I recently started taking some green tea extract caps my girl got me (15% polyphenols, as opposed to the 50% polys of TPs powder, not sure what all that means to me...time for more research). So I was looking at the suppliment section of TP and there are many things I am unfamiliar with, so I couldn't figure out if any of them are like thermogenic supps that would help with the fat loss while holding on to the muscle gains.

Does TP have anything anyone could suggest that would fit the bill, if not could someone suggest something outside of TP that has worked or is working for them?

Sorry if this is DietSupps101 for the experienced among you, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Brak
Brak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
eru
Middleweight Member

Zubaz pants will help. I don't believe TP sells them...yet.
eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
glennr2222
Middleweight Member

Ahhh the joy of having big legs!! lol I wear Nike or Adidas cross-trainer pants, they are really confortable. As for jeans?? When a persons legs rub together, they tend to get a little tender and red!!!!!!
glennr2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

zubaz rules

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
tpc
TrueProtein.com

dante at his heaviest used to wear an oak barrel with 2 leather straps... you could try that.

we are going to be carrying some fat burning supps in the next few weeks, capsule and powder form.

doug

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

tpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
your2slow
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc
dante at his heaviest used to wear an oak barrel with 2 leather straps... you could try that.

we are going to be carrying some fat burning supps in the next few weeks, capsule and powder form.

doug
I'll pay extra if I take them at night then wake up the next morning looking like DH.
your2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
Stang Man
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by your2slow
I'll pay extra if I take them at night then wake up the next morning looking like DH.
Well my problem is I LOOK like DH, then I actually wake up

As far as your question, I'd stick with the green tea and cardio. You may want to try also adding in real home brewed green tea. Its made out of water and I go through about a gallon a day, helps me get in all the goodness of green tea plus the added water to keep me healthy.

Arron

430 strapped deadlift
255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!
Stang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
rubinsteinnyc
Light-heavyweight Member

yo, i got the same problem... i had to buy size 38-40 dress pants... im 34-36... but my things just dont fit , no place for them... u see weird humps in the middle of the length of the leg LOL funny shit...
rubinsteinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

hey rubinstein, 38-40 is pushin it man. No intention to offend here but unless your like 250-260 then i think some dieting may be in order. I understand that you have to build the house before you can decorate it but if competing is in your future...... man, your gonna have to kill yourself. I let myself get up to 36 waist and when that starts to get tight i know i need to start tightening up. When i compete i am usually around a 30' waist so at 36 you can see i have no fear of letting the abs disappear. Like i said gaining weight is key just dotn let yourself get too sloppy.
2014-USPA State PL
2014-HI Strongman
2013-USPA Raw Challenge PL
2013-WABDL Push/Pull
2013-USPA State PL
2013-AAU State PL
2011-USPA Metro
2010-NPC Stingrey
2009-NPC Islands
2009-NPC Stingrey
2009-ABA Islands
2002-ABA Islands
2002-ABA IronWorks
2001-NPC Paradise Cup
2001-ABA Olympia
2001-ABA Islands
2000-NPC Nat.Tri-State
2000-INBF Midwest Musclefest
1998-NGA Heart of Ill
1998-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

what are abs? where can i find them?

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
PlimoMan
Bantamweight Member

Grocery sotre in teh ice cream section...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsguy67
PlimoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
wostok
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsguy67

i once knew a guy who sweared that once an old man, probably a sailor walked into his gym and he took of his shirt and he had big scars and wounds who hadent healed yet... and... listen to this... he had ABS, and i mean all 5 of them! but the old man died of his wounds and was burried somewhere under the squat rack. So nobody else got the chance to witness the mans abs... you know... some say its just myths, me myself have never seen any, and i doubt they exist, i only believe in abs when i can see them with my own eyes... until then.. pffff

Last edited by wostok; 04-18-2006 at 04:20 PM.
wostok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #13
your2slow
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucelt
hey rubinstein, 38-40 is pushin it man. No intention to offend here but unless your like 250-260 then i think some dieting may be in order. I understand that you have to build the house before you can decorate it but if competing is in your future...... man, your gonna have to kill yourself. I let myself get up to 36 waist and when that starts to get tight i know i need to start tightening up. When i compete i am usually around a 30' waist so at 36 you can see i have no fear of letting the abs disappear. Like i said gaining weight is key just dotn let yourself get too sloppy.
I think that maybe generalizing a little much. I'll never have a 30" waist for example unless I take out some organs or decrease my overall body width.
your2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
PTAaron
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he said he was a 34-36 but he just had to buy pants that were 38-40 to fit his legs.

I used to have a 30" waist back when I was a distance runner and weighed 130-140lbs pretty sure that won't ever happen again even if I get into "contest condition".

Oh and to actually answer Brak's post:
Like they said above - stick with your green tea and cardio, and be sure you are not getting too much slop in your diet. Be sure you are sticking with your carb cutoff times and eating your meals the way a good DCer should: Protein first, then carbs (if you get them that meal).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Last edited by PTAaron; 04-18-2006 at 05:23 PM.
PTAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

hey i just re-read Rubinstein's thread.....he did say his waist was 34-36, hmmmmm ok im a retard
2014-USPA State PL
2014-HI Strongman
2013-USPA Raw Challenge PL
2013-WABDL Push/Pull
2013-USPA State PL
2013-AAU State PL
2011-USPA Metro
2010-NPC Stingrey
2009-NPC Islands
2009-NPC Stingrey
2009-ABA Islands
2002-ABA Islands
2002-ABA IronWorks
2001-NPC Paradise Cup
2001-ABA Olympia
2001-ABA Islands
2000-NPC Nat.Tri-State
2000-INBF Midwest Musclefest
1998-NGA Heart of Ill
1998-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
Brak
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc

doug
Damn, it has been a while since I actually laughed out loud while reading posts, thx for the visual.

A few weeks huh? So in Dogg time...multiply 3 weeks times seven...21 wee...no wait, that's to get a dogg's age not how long his website will be ready! I kid, I kid.

Ok, I'll hold off on buying something from someone else...consumer loyalty makes me feel good inside. For now I'll do as many suggested and stick to the green tea, maybe get some real stuff and brew it. I am not a fan of tea, I know, insanity, but it's just not for me. I wonder, could I mix the green tea extract powder with some water, add a BSL flavor pack and some ice and have something tasty? Then I could get my tea and watery goodness without having to the taste of drinking tea. Sounds questionable at best.

Doug, when are you guys gonna get the supercharged grean tea caps?

Thx.

Brak
Old 04-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #17
Brak
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAaron
Oh and to actually answer Brak's post:
Be sure you are sticking with your carb cutoff times and eating your meals the way a good DCer should: Protein first, then carbs (if you get them that meal).
Always wondered about this:

I assumed that when Dante said he eats his protein first it was because he wants to make sure doesn't accidentally fill up on carbs before he gets as much protein as possible. That's it, right? It's not because there is something about the way the nutrients are absorbed when eaten separately that is advantagous, right? Just wondering...
Old 04-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #18
Egill
DC Q & A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brak

I assumed that when Dante said he eats his protein first it was because he wants to make sure doesn't accidentally fill up on carbs before he gets as much protein as possible. That's it, right?
I think that was his original intention with eating the carbs first.

Quote:
It's not because there is something about the way the nutrients are absorbed when eaten separately that is advantagous, right? Just wondering...
better absorbtion is a part of the reason DC recommends eating the protein first.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers

for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #19
PTAaron
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brak

I assumed that when Dante said he eats his protein first it was because he wants to make sure doesn't accidentally fill up on carbs before he gets as much protein as possible. That's it, right? It's not because there is something about the way the nutrients are absorbed when eaten separately that is advantagous, right? Just wondering...

There is more to it than that... check this post out:
http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=5722

discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
PTAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #20
mikethedon
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:

doug

LOL its about damn time lol
max box squat 525
Max dead 585
max floor press 380

All these above numbers will be crushed. I promise
mikethedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #21
rubinsteinnyc
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
hey i just re-read Rubinstein's thread.....he did say his waist was 34-36, hmmmmm ok im a retard
thank u
in fact... i might be 32
rubinsteinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote