Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
Top Notch

If You Could

If you could contiune to grow and get strong, would there be any reason to cruise?

I have been using a routine now for 4 months without a break and my trainer wants me to take a little time off. Just do a few sets for a week or two. But I have beat the log book everyweek for those four months and I'm bigger now then ever.

Should I do as instructed or keep going until results seize. What would Dante do in this situation?
Top Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 AM   #2
Egill
DC Q & A Member

has the progress not slowed down lately?

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
KidRok
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

In my experience, you are better to take an easy cruise and recharge your batteries BEFORE you burn out, particularly if you've been going hard for awhile. It's going to catch up to you eventually so why not head it off at the pass with now instead of waiting till you hit the wall hard? At 4 months of blasting your body has to be ready to say enough, even if you don't see any signs of overtraining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KidRok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

4 months straight?!? wow, something doesn't seem right there, but if it all checks out, that's pretty impressive!

i think your body might need a break, like others said already. what program are you doing and how intense are your workouts?

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
Massive G

Time to cruise as Rok said...head it off at the path before it happens vs hitting the wall and then cruising...

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

MG "Testosterone Booster"
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
hector
Bantamweight Member

W.w.d.d.?
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
JustinMarquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRok
In my experience, you are better to take an easy cruise and recharge your batteries BEFORE you burn out, particularly if you've been going hard for awhile. It's going to catch up to you eventually so why not head it off at the pass with now instead of waiting till you hit the wall hard? At 4 months of blasting your body has to be ready to say enough, even if you don't see any signs of overtraining.
True. I was going at it hard for 10+ weeks, I had planned to take a cruise at 6 weeks but just kept going, I lost track of the weeks and just kept going to the gym lifting as hard as I could. I found myself burnt out, making small or no gains on my lifts. I knew it was time to rest. I took about 10 days off, and went back to lifting heavy, at the end of that week I was burnt out again. I had nothing in me, I would stop halfway through sets and just go home I was just burnt out on having to lift those weights, it was a physical challenge of course but it took more of a toll on me psycologically. I would look at the weight on the bar and say "shit, I am going to crumble under this". I am not even doing a DC type routine, I couldn't imagine lifting heavy for 4 straight months even on my routine. Now I find myself doing a lighter routine, just trying to let my body get refreshed, I will probably stick to this light routine for 6 weeks, which is not something I want to do, but I know if I start lifting heavy I will burn out. I recommend taking a cruise, from experience of a complete burnout (that type of overtraining where you start to actually lose weight). It sucks.
JustinMarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
LHDan
Light-heavyweight Member

I'd take a break too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dolf.jpg (29.1 KB, 45 views)

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
LHDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Doggcrapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector
W.w.d.d.?
What would dante do? He would point everyone to kidroks post up above

Facebook:

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
Stang Man
Lightweight Member

Good info in here guys.

I was burnt out on lifting in general last semester, jsut really busy with work and shit going on in my life, I could never find the guts to complete a full workout. I lost about 20-25lbs in those few months(mostly fat), read up on my DC, got into the swing of things, and when this semester rolled around I was ready to smash the weights again.

Worked out hard for about 2 1/2 months, took a week off for spring break(no gym access, just did bodyweight excercises), and started my latest blast. I'm feeling great, crushing the weights, discovered some new-to-me excercises, and I'm having a good time to boot.

Ok, pointless post, but I felt like it so deal with it haha

Arron

430 strapped deadlift
255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!
Stang Man is offline   Reply With Quote