Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
Xvani

DC training while in the army?

Hey!

I'm currently in the army, and want to try DC because it is close to what I have found out works for me (busting my ass and working a muscle group more then once a week)

I've been working out seriously for about a year and pretty much "cruised" an entire year before that.. (damn high school teachers knew shit..)

Anyways, my problem is: I'd like to follow DC, but since I am in the army I have certain restrictions:

Food:
I can eat as much as I want for 3 meals a day, and I can make sandwiches for the fourth meal for free. (yayyyyy) There's a pretty strict time limit which varies though I take a protein shake (casein) before bed, so thats 5 meals a day... Problem is the 4th meal WILL be after 7-8PM, and its mostly carbs... I guess I don't care bout getting a bit fatter, but..... hmmm

#2 i have NO WAY of counting protein or calories because of the food system
#3 I'm really poor (making 20$ a day) so There's a limit to how much food I can buy outside the meals we get.
#4 The close by gym is quite small, and the one a bit further away isnt much bigger. How many excercises do I need?

Is it possible for me to through with DC traning?

THanks a lot
Old 01-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

well you'll need 3 exercises per bodypart at all times. so if you have some free weights, a power rack, smith machine, dumbells, and other weight machines you can come up with enough exercises to rotate.

i think you can pull it off. don't count calories.. just eat as much as you can, and if you start stagnating add in some extra fat, or carbs if you need them.

if you can get 1 more shake in somehow, you'll have 6 meals, which would be great. trueprotein has some good deals on quality protein powder if you haven't checked out their site (www.trueprotein.com).

the only other thing is, leg training might screw your pt if that matters to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Beelzebub

20 bucks a day? dude, private's make more than that. what rank are you?
Beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
celius
Bantamweight Member

Sounds like you are norwegian... is that true?
celius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
Xvani

haha, i'm very norwegian

and we have one year mandatory military service.. I can't buy trueprotein, cuz shipping will screw me, but I have enough supplies of protein to last me for a long while..

- DC recommends 100g protein pr shake, right?

- how many exercises do u all put into your rotation system per bodypart?

- "leg training might screw your pt if that matters to you." what is PT?

thanks

Last edited by Xvani; 01-07-2006 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
celius
Bantamweight Member

Nice. Where are you stationed? I was at Skjold.

Sweden has alot of nice prices on supplements. Why not go there on your leave?

Yes, 100g proteins in the shake after training as far as i know.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
Massive G
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Way too many dietary and work out restrictions to do the DC system PROPERLY.
I'd wait till you got out of the army.
Good luck in your training endeavors.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

MG "Testosterone Booster"
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
Vmc
Lightweight Member

never say never
thts true there is many restrictions, but id say if your mind set to it, go ahead and try it, no harm in trying right
Vmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
ProtoBuilder
Bantamweight Member

Just a hunch -- DC isn't for you right now. There are lots of other quality systems where you can "bust your ass" and work the muscle more than once a week. Lol The good ol' 5x5 system has you hitting the prime movers three times a week. You could also do a 2-way push/pull split, and work out 4x/wk.

"PT" is US army-speak for "physical training."
ProtoBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
Vmc
Lightweight Member

ProtoBuilder is totally right about the different programs, it just kinda seemed like this guy really wanted to try DC training
Vmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
Egill
DC Q & A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvani
- DC recommends 100g protein pr shake, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by celius
Yes, 100g proteins in the shake after training as far as i know.
come on guys, use some common sence here,..... should a 150 lbs trainee take as much protein in a shake as a 300 lbs trainee?....... HELL NO!!!.... DC doesn't recommend 100g protein per shake or after training since the number depends on the individual.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers

for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
celius
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egill
come on guys, use some common sence here,..... should a 150 lbs trainee take as much protein in a shake as a 300 lbs trainee?....... HELL NO!!!.... DC doesn't recommend 100g protein per shake or after training since the number depends on the individual.
Wont argue with you on that one.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #13
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

moreso US military in general rather than army, but yeah, it means physical training.

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #14
Xvani

so, in %, (or oz or whatever u guys use) how much does DC recommend? I'm used to 0.5g of protein and 1.0g of carbs per kilo of body weight. (in an after work out shake)

I both think and WANT to be able to pull it off, as I am very motivated for it.
How many different excercises do you guys use in your work out "cycles"?
Theres manuals, benches, a squat rack (which can be used for DL), smith machine and a cable machine. + some more machines. So its not THAT small... Just lacks a few machines (and has few of each)

But if I'm gonna do this, I wanna get it RIGHT.. i NEVER do things half-way, and I intend to keep it that way.

I know that I can grow with other programs, and the one I'm using now is working, and is sililar to DC, but i want THE MOST out of my work outs, and the short work out time of DC appeals to me..

(PT will not be a problem, as we lift weights during it )
Old 01-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #15
wildman536
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsteveM
moreso US military in general rather than army, but yeah, it means physical training.
oh yes it does!! RUNNING at least three times a week kills gains, oh well only 7 months to go!!
wildman536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #16
hee1o

Altogether I use 2(3*5) = 30 different exercises per cycle, ab-exercises included.
In addition you would need to have exercises to change to when you reach a plataeu in one specific exercise.

I think you'll be able to pull it off, making up new exercises is fun!
Just make sure to eat a lot, and I guess you'll figure out stuff like "Doing the heaviest widowmaker man has done on earth is _not_ a good idea after 10 miles of running" <)

Good luck!
Btw: I'm probably gonna become a "kystjeger" this summer (a "kystjeger" is "a coast-hunter" directly translated, idk what the proper name for it is though), but I'll hopefully get my _own diet_ b/c I've had hyperthyroidism
hee1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #17
drugzkill

I'm in the U.S. Navy and I DC train with great gains. The hardest part isn't getting the protien, but sleeping properly with the work hours. I'm on an air force base, so I lucked out because I can have as many serving as meat as I want, but most of my protien comes from eating tons and tons of cottage cheese on top of that though i take casien protien at night and i keep a jug of whey protien ready for any days i need a boost of protien.

I would imagine the Norweigian Army would have a salad bar with cottage cheese too. I highly recommend chowing it down.

PT sometimes can also be a killer cause its forces you to workout in the manner that the the person in charge wishes and usually these people have no idea what they are doing, but lately i lucked out and we just run 2x a week. This at first is extremely painful on widowmaker-demolished legs, but i find its loosens the stiffness in the legs and helps me recover faster, so its not neccessarily a bad thing.

Anyways good luck