Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
Suareezay
Middleweight Member

TPs new carbs

This is from an email i got from TP talking about new products:
Quote:
Waxy Maize Starch… If you haven’t heard about this product you better start! This is the product everyone is raving about and using to carb up for bodybuilding shows and also is great for post workout. It has taken the bodybuilding world by storm under the brand name Vit*rgo. We are soon going to be offering this raw material product to our True Protein customers at a fraction of the cost.

Some other carbohydrate powders we will be offering in the next few weeks, Inulin, Rice Oligodextrin, and Oat Powder.
Which one of these would be best for PWO...the waxy maize starch? I was about to make another order of malto/dex, but if these would be better...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

We dont have it in stock yet suareezay but its coming soon.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
SQUATMACKS
IM Veteran Member

JACKPOT!
Finally sombody else is bringing it to the marketplace.
Thanks TP!
SQUATMACKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
MPT
Bantamweight Member

waxy starch would be best pwo, vi@argo recommends taking it immediately after the workout with c.e.e, bcaa. glutamine and then 20 mins later have whey protein. rice olg and oat powder are gonna be slow digesting
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
Suareezay
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp
We dont have it in stock yet suareezay but its coming soon.
oh ok, well ill go ahead and put in a small order for malto/dex tonight or tomorrow until the waxy starch comes in.

Quote:
waxy starch would be best pwo, vi@argo recommends taking it immediately after the workout with c.e.e, bcaa. glutamine and then 20 mins later have whey protein. rice olg and oat powder are gonna be slow digesting
cool, i figured the other two were slow, but you never can tell.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #6
MindOverMuscle
Light-heavyweight Member

I ordered a few pounds of the Maize.

Question: is it only for post workout, or can it be used just prior or during workout, too?
MindOverMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
Doggcrapp

most people are using it post workout or postcardio

Facebook:

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
Old 04-16-2006, 02:26 AM   #8
Doggcrapp

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...d=1#post207442

Facebook:

DC Training -
Old 04-16-2006, 05:12 AM   #9
Jason Pegg
Light-heavyweight Member

Ive got Pro supplements Vitargo, and man, that shit is thicker and harder to mix than metamucil!

Jason

TP Code=JPG473. Use it for 5% off any order, and for 10% off of orders of 16lbs or more!
Jason Pegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #10
bhman6
Roundtable Expert

you gotta use enough water with it

and dont mix it with protein or it will turn into glue
bhman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
Massive G

Also there is a preferred way to add it to the water-I believe you add the powder to the water and blend-it's been a while.
I'll find out in a bit as I have an unopened bottle of Vitagro (I have had for 6 months now) I am breaking into today so it won't go to waste.

I busted down some CEE down the hatch last night too so look out...

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"

MG "Testosterone Booster"
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
bhman6
Roundtable Expert

I put 20oz. water, my glutamine/creatine/bcaa, etc. and then add in 2 scoops of vitargo, screw the top on, and shake like a madman for about a minute
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #13
bigcity
IntenseMuscle VIP Member/ Intense Set of the Month May 2007

So you cannot mix it with any protein? What about juice or something flavored?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #14
zed
2007 Teenage National Champion

Inulin, Rice Oligodextrin, and Oat Powder. would those be good for mrp's?
If you had a website that was for tellytubbies and stomp stomp feet, I wouldn't go to your site and start talking about banging hot little sluts. So, please don't come to one of the top rated boards for contest prep and the home of DC, post an avatar of you at 140 pounds and proclaim that you need to lose 10 lbs. -skip

/\why i love this board
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #15
Egill
DC Q & A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed
Inulin, Rice Oligodextrin, and Oat Powder. would those be good for mrp's?
I think those have lower GI than maltodextrin (maltodextrin is often the main source of carbs in MRP's) and contain fiber too so at least from that point of view I'd say yes.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers

for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #16
Doggcrapp

With a 70cc scoop (regular scoop) if you cut it off at the top its 40 grams, if you take a heaping scoop (which is what 99% of you all do) its 50 grams per scoop.

Waxy maize by itself will replenish glycogen after a workout or cardio faster than almost any other ingredient out there. It does this "glycogen replenishment" thru an extremely rapid stomach emptying rate. Whats this mean to you? What do you think you can combine with waxy maize to shuttle thru the digestive process at a blinding rate? Protein powder postworkout, creatine, bcaa's, and so on.

On off training days when your looking flat what do you think is the product that is going to remedy that faster than anything? In a weight gaining aspect its a perfect supplement to take on "refeed days", maybe at post cardio (meal one), and then 2 other key meals during that day where your taking in protein drinks

In 2 cut off scoops of waxy maize (80 grams), there are about 73 grams of carbs. In 2 heaping scoops of waxy maize (100grams) there is 92 grams of carbohydrates, 90 of which come from starch and the other 2 are simple carbs. I believe absorbtion and digestion are the new area's the supplement industry is going to go after to produce the most "anabolic" effect to normal nutritional supplement intake....and this is pretty much the start to that frontier.

Alot of top pro and amateur competitors are using waxy maize to carb up for their shows and its become "the in thing secret"

Facebook:

DC Training -
Old 04-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
Doggcrapp

http://66.63.171.49/store/comersus_v...dProduct=14044

more info we just put up

Facebook:

DC Training -
Old 04-18-2006, 03:45 AM   #18
tpc
TrueProtein.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egill
I think those have lower GI than maltodextrin (maltodextrin is often the main source of carbs in MRP's) and contain fiber too so at least from that point of view I'd say yes.
i would look into trehalose for a general all day carb, we should offer it in about 2 weeks, it is coming in from europe. this stuff is awesome, looks like sugar tastes like sugar, but is low glycemic and is a long chain polysaccharide like an oat powder starch. i really am excited about this one...

doug

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

tpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:53 AM   #19
craig57

does it blend like sugar?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:07 AM   #20
tpc
TrueProtein.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig57
does it blend like sugar?
there is no need to blend... the crystals dissolve within 30 seconds and mixes clear. this stuff is awesome, i honestly believe it will make maltodextrin obsolete in a few years once the price comes down a bit. it is a new polysaccharride so it will take some time until the supplement companies start copying each other to catch up and start buying it up, which will lower the price.

doug

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

tpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #21
bhman6
Roundtable Expert

whats the GI of trehalose

and Twinlab started putting it in their creatine blend along with dextrose and maltodextrin and inulin I believe a few years ago
Old 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #22
CONSTRUCTiCON
Bantamweight Member

Q: Oat Powder = Oat Flour ?
CONSTRUCTiCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #23
DShores

I am very exited that TP is offering Waxy Maize! What are you recommending for a refeed days in terms of number of serving and frequency during that day?

David
DShores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #24
scythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc
i this stuff is awesome, looks like sugar tastes like sugar, but is low glycemic and is a long chain polysaccharide like an oat powder starch. i really am excited about this one...

doug
isn't trehalose a disaccharide (two glucose molecules, like maltose)?

"In general, the fate of ingested or parenterally administered trehalose corresponds to that of glucose since trehalose is rapidly hydrolysed to glucose by the enzyme trehalase"
scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #25
eru
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc
there is no need to blend... the crystals dissolve within 30 seconds and mixes clear. this stuff is awesome, i honestly believe it will make maltodextrin obsolete in a few years once the price comes down a bit. it is a new polysaccharride so it will take some time until the supplement companies start copying each other to catch up and start buying it up, which will lower the price.

doug
I think I'll wait for this one. I've been blender-free for a long time and I rather not go back for waxy maize. Spoon-mixing is so much easier.
eru is offline   Reply With Quote