Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
hyp3r3xt3nsion
Bantamweight Member

Extreme stretching

Has anybody ever noticed a decrease in recovery abilities when they do extreme stretching? I keep trying them on/off again (by on a mean for an extended period of time, not just 1 or 2 workouts) and every time i incorporate them I find I take even longer to recover than without them. I can't really explain it because one of the guys I work with whom I turned on to DC has no problems with them (a-la probably the rest of you). I'm just trying to figure out if this says something about my CNS or something if it finds it takes such a harsh toll on it?
hyp3r3xt3nsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

how much longer does it take? are you 100% doing the stretches properly? if not, you may be causing some slight, undue damage to tendons during the stretches.

and, is it every stretch or just a few of them? if anything, the stretching should slightly increase your recovery capabilities if done properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote