Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Preventative Measures-health news

Preventative Measures-health news Health promotion and sports medicine topics, focusing on preventative, alternative and complementary medicine and nutrition.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
DEADn
Middleweight Member

Joint supplements

What ingredients are in important when looking into joint supplements? So that I get the best for my $$$? I am getting older now and probably need to start taking something for my joints to keep them up to date.

I looked at a supplement today at the grocery store just to see what it had. $13 and it just had Vita C and manganese in it.
DEADn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Heckman

msm, glucosamine, condroiton...and do some research on cissus from trueprotein.... and don't buy grocery store shit for your joints...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Heckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
force245
Light-heavyweight Member

Alflutop is number one in my book. A twenty day regime every six months or so. Next is Cissus. As far as the rest, crap.

If you walk in a gym and your mindset is basically two railroad ties and a boxcar short of a trainwreck......
force245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok / Super Moderator

Glucosamine does nothing for me, and I've heard alot of other people with the same lack of results. Cissus does work. I used it for months, dropped it for the last 3 months or so and now my elbows kill me. I've just added it back into my regimint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page:
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

I have just started cissus. Force can you tell me more about alflutop, and where do you find it. I tried a google search, but wasnt able to find much. Prolly b/c i didn't know what i was looking for.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM
order - Use Code RHB606
breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
force245
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck View Post
I have just started cissus. Force can you tell me more about alflutop, and where do you find it. I tried a google search, but wasnt able to find much. Prolly b/c i didn't know what i was looking for.
Alflutop is a concentrated fishoil bioactives and amminos. It is legal injectable everyday 1ml pin.

http://biotehnos.theshoppe.com/produ...m/alflutop.htm

I buy it from a guy who lists on ebay. I tell you the pinning everyday sucks, but it works great. Cissus works great also, might try that first. But with Alflutop my joints feel hydrated and I lost all little clicks and pops. Even the tendonitis in my knees is better. I can tell you my joints feel like they were on a certain anabolic, but they're not.

If you walk in a gym and your mindset is basically two railroad ties and a boxcar short of a trainwreck......
force245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
bigcat801
Bantamweight Member

Cool

My personal favorite as to the fact that I am still a novice is animal flex by universal nutrition look it up it might be worth a shot
bigcat801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
bigcat801
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat801 View Post
My personal favorite as to the fact that I am still a novice is animal flex by universal nutrition look it up it might be worth a shot
online you should be able to find it for 20 $ look at the site bodybuilding.com for starters
bigcat801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
DEADn
Middleweight Member

I have been seeing this Cissus popping up on conversations on joint supplements. I have also seen a number of people in conversation saying that the traditonial joint formulas do not work for them. MSM etc. Only joint stuff I have ever tried was some supps from SAMS. I really do not know if it did anything for me. I thought about Animal FLEX but there is no CISSUS in that. I will look into this CISSUS and get some.
DEADn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
bigcat801
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
I have been seeing this Cissus popping up on conversations on joint supplements. I have also seen a number of people in conversation saying that the traditonial joint formulas do not work for them. MSM etc. Only joint stuff I have ever tried was some supps from SAMS. I really do not know if it did anything for me. I thought about Animal FLEX but there is no CISSUS in that. I will look into this CISSUS and get some.
you should be able to find cissus on bulk nutrition for cheap and team it up with animal flex yeah
Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
TangerineRavine

is Alflutop legal in Australia?

I ran a google search but couldn't find anything.

I know there are plenty of things that seem to be illegal in Australia for no reason.
TangerineRavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
Samthemule

Quote:
Originally Posted by force245 View Post
Alflutop is a concentrated fishoil bioactives and amminos. It is legal injectable everyday 1ml pin.

http://biotehnos.theshoppe.com/produ...m/alflutop.htm

I buy it from a guy who lists on ebay. I tell you the pinning everyday sucks, but it works great. Cissus works great also, might try that first. But with Alflutop my joints feel hydrated and I lost all little clicks and pops. Even the tendonitis in my knees is better. I can tell you my joints feel like they were on a certain anabolic, but they're not.
Does it come with pins to inject yourself? How do you administer it?

Thanks
Samthemule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
SDMF
Middleweight Member

Do you cissus users also use glucosamine/chondroitin? I've only been using cissus, and I wonder if I'm missing out on some extra benefits.

Last edited by SDMF; 07-27-2011 at 11:48 PM.
SDMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
SDMF
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Do you cissus users also use glucosamine/chondroitin? I've only been using cissus, and I wonder if I'm missing out on some extra benefits.
bump
Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #15
LG1
Super-heavyweight Member

Works for me on it's own...

I always wanted to try this product, seems to have the right ingredients and you don't need to pop pills. http://www.vitacost.com/Labrada-Nutrition-ElastiJoint

- Success is the best revenge

Last edited by LG1; 07-28-2011 at 07:36 AM.
LG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
Quadriceps
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG1 View Post
Works for me on it's own...

I always wanted to try this product, seems to have the right ingredients and you don't need to pop pills. http://www.vitacost.com/Labrada-Nutrition-ElastiJoint
Popping pills is much more convenient than mixing something up and drinking it. But I'm gonna need to try cissus for my knees.
Quadriceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #17
Agi
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Just Cissus for me.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #18
LG1
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadriceps View Post
Popping pills is much more convenient than mixing something up and drinking it. But I'm gonna need to try cissus for my knees.
I prefer to mix....

- Success is the best revenge
LG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
slide
Intense Set of the Month December 2009

I use both TPs Joint Support as well as their cissus (the joint support already has some cissus added). I used to have some problems with my elbows, but ever since I started this combo a few years back, I seldom have any issues. I mix my cissus w/ green tea.

-slide

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
SDMF
Middleweight Member

I would definitely take both cissus and glucosamine/chondroitin, but I can only afford one on my budget. I still haven't seen a definite answer one way or the other about which one would be better to take. Any advice?

I've been taking just cissus. My knees have been having some problems, but I think it's something that PT would help more than just a supplement. I just want to be getting the most out of my money with the one supp that I do take.

I saw that Dante takes cissus, but he also takes aflutop. I might be wrong, but isn't aflutop just like highly concentrated injected glucosamine?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #21
Steven48
Banned

There many food that are use to repair and strengthen you joints, the best vitamins for cartilage repair can help improve your joint health and function. The vitamins need to be included as part of a well-balanced diet.
Steven48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
MachMood
Banned

Best joint supp I am yet to find. All the right ingredients and most importantly at the right dosages.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7411023&page=1

240 Veggie Capsules
Serving Size4Veggie Capsules
Servings Per Bottle60
Amount Per Serving % DV
Glucosamine Sulfate 750mg **
Chondroitin Sulfate 600mg **
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 750mg **
Hyaluronic Acid 100mg **
Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (40%) 1,000mg **
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

If you take 2 servings a day as reccomended it's perfect. Comes out to 29.99 a month

Last edited by MachMood; 06-09-2013 at 02:59 PM.
MachMood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
SDMF
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMood View Post
Best joint supp I am yet to find. All the right ingredients and most importantly at the right dosages.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7411023&page=1

240 Veggie Capsules
Serving Size4Veggie Capsules
Servings Per Bottle60
Amount Per Serving % DV
Glucosamine Sulfate 750mg **
Chondroitin Sulfate 600mg **
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 750mg **
Hyaluronic Acid 100mg **
Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (40%) 1,000mg **
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

If you take 2 servings a day as reccomended it's perfect. Comes out to 29.99 a month
Looks pretty awesome. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2016, 06:44 AM   #24
Iron81

Hi.
Here is all you need to know about Alflutop.
Alflutop is a natural, injectable formula that is reported to be more effective than corticosteroid injections, as it not only reduces inflamation, but encourages repair and regeneration of cartilage and connective tissue. Alflutop has proven effective in clinical trials in degenerative joint disorders (bursitis, tendonitis, and arthritis).
Dosing: Intramuscular (IM) injection of 1 vial every day for 3 weeks, for a 21 day cycle, which can be followed up 2 months later. Intra-articular (IA) injection has also shown effective in later-stage clinical trials. 1-2 vials into the joint for 21 days. The dosing protocols above are just guidelines, and the bottom line is you should continue treatment as long as necessary, if need be. There are no indications of toxicity, or any other negative side effects from Alflutop.

Comparable in effect, though different in formula from Adequan, Alflutop is reported to be a miracle drug for joint injuries. Alflutop is manufactured by BIOTEHNOS S.A. Romania.

Description: Each 1ml ampule of Alflutop contains 10 mg sea fish bioactive concentrate (amino acids, low molecular mass peptides, mucopolysaccharides, trace elements: Na, K, Ca, Mg, Fe, Cu, Zn), and maximum 5mg/100ml phenol as preservative.

How it works: Alflutop falls into the group of chondroprotective products having anti-hyaluronidase, anti-inflammatory and analgesic action.

Alflutop: inhibits hyaluronidase excess; restores chondrocytes homeostasis in damaged tissues; stimulates regenerative processes at cartilage level; adjusts synovial fluid synthesis; stimulates superoxide dismutase; inhibits occurrence of superoxide free radicals.

Source: alflutopvials.blogspot.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0443-2.jpg (75.1 KB, 4 views)
Iron81 is offline   Reply With Quote