Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Preventative Measures-health news

Preventative Measures-health news Health promotion and sports medicine topics, focusing on preventative, alternative and complementary medicine and nutrition.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #76
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB2368
update: i have been using this for 2 weeks or so and things seem to be moving great. Everytime I take a dump I flush the toilet with a big smile on my face cuz I am so proud.

LOLOL - i'll tell you what......when i did this over the summer, i had an old shitty Nokia phone.....recently i upgraded to a Razr, and had i owned this thing 5 months ago, i would have pissed off a lot of friends and family w/ the pics i would have been taking and sending.

glad you enjoy it

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #77
5luke2
Banned

omg i just did that! my dump is now the background of my brothers fone...he really shouldnt leave it laying around in the bathroom
5luke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #78
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

bump again - i'm on about day 5 or 6 now, and at this point, i could put the zoo elephants to shame with the downloads i've been having. keep in mind this is the 2nd time around, and i'm still having some prize winners.

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:34 AM   #79
T-MONEY
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsguy67
bump again - i'm on about day 5 or 6 now, and at this point, i could put the zoo elephants to shame with the downloads i've been having. keep in mind this is the 2nd time around, and i'm still having some prize winners.
ha, downloads. i think i need to get this going myself.

We are the dark secret hidden deep inside the fanny pack. - The Iron Game
T-MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #80
Penguin
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easto
Heckman, how about a link to the herbal pills, charcoal, and fibre supps you are using.
in the first couple of pages I and others have posted some of the products used. I bought mine from vitamin shoppe and linked those. Very cheap and have the ingredients needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #81
Penguin
Light-heavyweight Member

I went back home for a visit over thanksgiving and left my stuff there. I need to go get more, but it's been almost a week. I'm curious to see what will happen if I start back up on the same dosage I was using before

Also one thing i've noticed, is the charcoal tabs say not to take for more than 3 days, and taking laxatives (herbal tabs) for 30 days can cause "problems". Not sure what those problems are, but is there any concern?

I'll likely go get my new supply at lunch and start back up this weekend. I have plans tomorrow, and I don't want to be heading for the bathroom quite so frequently

Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #82
Penguin
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5luke2
omg i just did that! my dump is now the background of my brothers fone...he really shouldnt leave it laying around in the bathroom
HAHAHA right on!! that's awesome!!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #83
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
I went back home for a visit over thanksgiving and left my stuff there. I need to go get more, but it's been almost a week. I'm curious to see what will happen if I start back up on the same dosage I was using before

Also one thing i've noticed, is the charcoal tabs say not to take for more than 3 days, and taking laxatives (herbal tabs) for 30 days can cause "problems". Not sure what those problems are, but is there any concern?

I'll likely go get my new supply at lunch and start back up this weekend. I have plans tomorrow, and I don't want to be heading for the bathroom quite so frequently
Not to worry about the charcoal or tabs. Is the charcoal in capsule form or compressed pill form?
My wife takes the herbal tabs every day and has been for many, many months. Never a problem, unless she stops!
Just make sure they have no chemical laxitives in the ingredients...

Heckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #84
Penguin
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckman
Not to worry about the charcoal or tabs. Is the charcoal in capsule form or compressed pill form?
My wife takes the herbal tabs every day and has been for many, many months. Never a problem, unless she stops!
Just make sure they have no chemical laxitives in the ingredients...
the charcoal is in a capsule form

ok, thanks for the info on the duration

Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #85
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
the charcoal is in a capsule form
Good...that is what you want...

Old 12-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #86
bigcity
IntenseMuscle VIP Member/ Intense Set of the Month May 2007

Heckman is there anything you recomend doing to your diet in the future to avoid getting as musch build up and not having to do as many flushes

Also is there something to use on a daily basis year round to help with the problem
Old 12-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #87
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcity
Heckman is there anything you recomend doing to your diet in the future to avoid getting as musch build up and not having to do as many flushes

Also is there something to use on a daily basis year round to help with the problem
The obvious answer is try to eat clean as often as you can...Even if you do eat clean, The rule of thumb that I like to see people go by is this: If you are a strick vegetarian or vegan, I say do one twice a year. If you are a carnivore as most of us are or should be, the recommendation is 4 times per year.
You can use phsyllium husk daily to help keep the pipes clean..
Hope this helps...

Old 12-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #88
bigcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckman
The obvious answer is try to eat clean as often as you can...Even if you do eat clean, The rule of thumb that I like to see people go by is this: If you are a strick vegetarian or vegan, I say do one twice a year. If you are a carnivore as most of us are or should be, the recommendation is 4 times per year.
You can use phsyllium husk daily to help keep the pipes clean..
Hope this helps...
Yes it does, I am going to get my girlfreind to get me a juicer for christmas so i can start eating or drinking more vegtables, becasue I hate eating most everything but broccoli

Do you have any thoughts on flora? From what ive read it can help but some of the natural bacteria back in the stomace
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #89
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcity
Do you have any thoughts on flora? From what ive read it can help but some of the natural bacteria back in the stomace
You've stumped me...I've never heard of a product called Flora, only a company called Flora that has some great Herbal and Essential Oil products..
Were you thinking chlorophyll maybe?

Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #90
teckno05
Light-heavyweight Member

Heckman, (or anyone else), out of these from vitamin shoppe, which would you buy?

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...intsource=main

I'd do it myself but i dont know what and what not to look for.
teckno05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #91
Heckman

Get the 12 oz powder....stay away from the Psyllium in capsule form..

Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #92
teckno05
Light-heavyweight Member

Thanks,
Is there any warning on the taste? lol, or texture?
teckno05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #93
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckno05
Thanks,
Is there any warning on the taste? lol, or texture?
No..just mix it quick and down it quick or it will turn into a very thick solution and you won't be able to drink it...chase it with extra water if needed...

Old 12-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #94
thebull

i saw a herbal tea that contains most of the stuff that you listed the herbal tabs contain and a few more. is it ok to replace the tabs with tea as long as it contains the important stuff?
thebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #95
Heckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebull
i saw a herbal tea that contains most of the stuff that you listed the herbal tabs contain and a few more. is it ok to replace the tabs with tea as long as it contains the important stuff?
Normally a liquid would be better than a solid, but in this case it would not. You want the pill form to breakdown in your colon over time and do what I call is the "scubbing bubble action" that a liquid won't do..

Old 12-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #96
Masher

I have been at it for over 2 weeks now. It is amazing at what comes out of a person. I haven't noticed any weight loss. I can't believe the decrease in gas, I know my son sure is happy. When it comes to drinking the Husk powder i just dump it in my mouth add water and swish it around. Haven't had any problems getting it down.
Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #97
bigcity

http://jspatel.myweb.uga.edu/normalflora.html

This is the link to what i read

heres the product i think you are thinking about
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=search
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #98
Heckman

Got you now. Most of that "friendly bacteria" like they are talking about can be found in yogurt, like they said.
If you think about it, there are literaly hundreds of beneficial herbs and supplements we could put into our system that in one way shape or form would be good for us......The question is, where do we draw the line. I personally like to keep it down to the simple basics of what works for me, and not go too overboard...
The one reason I always recommend a cleanse, is your body will have an easier time absorbing whatever you take if your pipes are clean.
Also, the company Flora has some great products..IMO

Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #99
Jeffro11821
Bantamweight Member

I told my g/f about this... she wanted to try it, so she started yesterday evening.... took her 2nd 'dose' this morning....

She's 34... and like, in my opinion, most women... has some IBD issues, doesn't go tall that often, frequent stomach cramps after eating meals, etc...

Anyhow.. we'll see how it goes... here are the products she's using:

Psyllium Husk Fiber

Herbal Laxative (Senna)

Activated Charcoal

She's starting with 1tsp of Psyllium Husk Fiber morning and evening...

2 Herbal Laxative tabs morning and evening...

2 Charcoal tabs morning and evening...

I'll keep you all posted...

Lead me, follow me OR get the HELL out of my way!
Jeffro11821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #100
Heckman

Very cool....you may want to get an extra bottle of the herbal tabs, because she will be increasing those along the way as well..I've had people taking up to 8 twice a day for the real "hard to poop" people.. kinda like the hard gainer..lol