What kind of physique do women prefer?...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homonunculus
    Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

What kind of physique do women prefer?...

OK Guys and Ladies, I'll open this up to you.

Are women intimidated, turned off, grossed out by overly muscular physiques?

Its my understanding that this is the case, and there seems to be research supporting this (basically that an overly muscular physique represents an egotistical, vain personality).

Men, do you tend to find women like in terms of physiques?
    Brad Pitt, Frank Sepe, Ahmad Haidar, Ronnie Coleman?...

Women, what do you like personally (or does it really matter) and what do you perceive women's general liking to be?...

-Randy
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
  • SweatMachine
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2004

Mine likes em big and thick....she doesnt mind if theyre lean at the same time either! No skinny as boys for her.
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

• Trulyhuge
      Intense Muscle Vet
      • Feb 2004

Most women like the Muscle and Fitness look. To me I could give a damn, lol. If they like ya they like ya!

TH
      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

• SuperSport
        Heavyweight Member
        • Feb 2004

I think most women like slender, lean kinda guys.

I think they believe the stereotype about muscleheads like us...just like Randy mentioned-vain,egotistical, and self centered.
        What a load of crap that is. Personally I believe most BBer's are pretty sensitive guys that enjoy helping people.

I do think alot of women fantasize about being with a musclehead though......it just isn't proper to go around telling their GF's stuff like that....not to mention if they talked like that alot it would give their current man-who is probablya fat ass-a sure sense of insecurity. Most women try to protect their man's ego.

However-and I can speak from experience-I have been around groups of people where I recall girls saying stuff like-"that big shit doesn't impress me" (an actual quote a girl said to me in a group setting that I ended up dating later on)-and they really enjoyed getting freaky with a hardbodied musclehead. Really enjoyed it-to the 25th power.

I am sure every guy on the board knows exactly what I am talking about.
        Admin@ http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

• moose104
          • Apr 2004

Well, I may be in the minority here but I think you are all wrong. I think that women are trying to decide between a large individual with a 42 inch chest and a 48 inch waist or the skinny, drawn out heroin addict look. At least it seems that way to me when I am out and about.

Moose

Comment

• Rick85
            Bantamweight Member
            • Mar 2004

attraction is so much about behavioral chacteristics and power/money that looks is a small percentage, and in that muscles are extremely small although they make you more confident which contributes to behavioral characteristics
            The name is Richard not Rick

Comment

• Trulyhuge
              Intense Muscle Vet
              • Feb 2004

I am fortunate enough to have g/f who, even though she doesn't understand bodybuilding or things that go along with it, loves me and knows how much it means to me and is happy for me! Being there when I am onstage and cheering me on because she has seen how hard I have worked. I think that if people ACTUALLY realized what we put our bodies through they would have a better appreciation for bodybuilding! People think steroids make you big automatically w/out training or diet, etc.

TH
              For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

• Kidrok (Hop)
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2004

I agree most women shy away from the big muscle look for whatever reason. It may also have to do with the negative public opinion towards steroids, particularly of late. Perfect example is the other night at my son's middle school concert, I got there late as I came right from the gym in my workout clothes, as we were leaving there was a group of 4 or 5 teen girls (14 yrs old maybe?). Anyway as I walked by they were dead silent, after I passed I heard them start to giggle then one says"looks like he's all roided up!" :2guns:

This is obviously an attitude these kids are learning from somewhere, be it the media or whatever.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

• homonunculus
                  Admin
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SuperSport
                  ....-and they really enjoyed getting freaky with a hardbodied musclehead. Really enjoyed it-to the 25th power.

I am sure every guy on the board knows exactly what I am talking about.
                  SS, I was with ya until this last part... LOL.

-R
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

• homonunculus
                    Admin
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by KidRok
                    Anyway as I walked by they were dead silent, after I passed I heard them start to giggle then one says"looks like he's all roided up!" :2guns:

This is obviously an attitude these kids are learning from somewhere, be it the media or whatever.
                    Hey KR,

I think the media's involved, but also that they may have older siblings or fellow students who actually *are* roided up...

-R
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

• homonunculus
                      Admin
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rick85
                      attraction is so much about behavioral chacteristics and power/money that looks is a small percentage, and in that muscles are extremely small although they make you more confident which contributes to behavioral characteristics
                      Very good point, Rick. Along those lines, do you think that its not uncommon that simply being very muscular sounds out a non-verbal signal (like other behavioral characteristics) that women perceive negatively?...

-R
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

• GetnBigr
                        IM Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2004

I think there are a lot of different women out there with different tastes or attractions toward a certain body type and personality type. If you ask a group of women that are hanging out together, you will probably find that they all share a similar opinion in their preferences. On the other hand, ask girls at random and you will more than likely find a much broader spectrum of opinions.

Now since we're talking in general terms, I think women are more drawn to a certain personality more so than a physical appearance. Think about it, we have all seen some really beautiful women with an average or below average man. And we have all thought, "how the hell did he get that girl!"
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

• pudge
                          Middleweight Member
                          • Apr 2004

here in South Florida, u better be big, or atleast in shape to get noticed.. Im naturally a very quiet laid back kinda guy, but always get a bad rap cause of my appearance...The truth?? Women are not a good enough reason to kill urself day in and day out in the gym and in the kitchen just to look good for them. A woman, a real woman, is gonna like the person u are regardless of appearance...Though i believe a woman wants a man that is confident and head-strong.. She does not want a man who cant stand on his own two feet and seems to fall apart everytime something goes wrong..

Thats why i think as a bodybuilder, a real dedicated bodybuilder, a woman can appreciate more.. Cause we learn to deal with ups and downs in a totally different way than the average joe.. Bodybuilding is a place where u lose urself and u find urself..It builds not only ur body, but ur character..U grow up and man up faster..And im pretty sure a woman can appreciate that also..

Some of us are lucky enough to find a partner who believes in us and backs us up every step of the way.. And if a woman judges u as being vain and egotistical cause of ur appearance, then just keep walking, she not worth it...Ur not the one with the problem.

Pudge
                          " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

• SuperSport
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by homonunculus
                            Very good point, Rick. Along those lines, do you think that its not uncommon that simply being very muscular sounds out a non-verbal signal (like other behavioral characteristics) that women perceive negatively?...

-R
                            A very good point/question. I think the non-verbal signal is that guys like us are self centered and egotistical.

I do think when intimacy is involved that women like muscular men. Unfortunately our society still has a double standard regarding gender and sexuality-albeit some of that is starting to loosen.

Just a note here-Is it me or have you guys noticed that FAT girls really dig muscular men????
                            Admin@ http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                            Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

• MsteveM
                              DC Q & A Member
                              • May 2004

all girls dig muscular men deep down inside - the fat ones are just bein honest. muscularity will never go out of style.
                              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...