Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Picture Forums > Critical Physique Assessment

Critical Physique Assessment Post your pictures if you want to get honest, straight-forward, constructive criticism on your physique. If you can't take the criticism, don't bother with this forum.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Travis25

Do i have gynecomastia?

Im 21 6 feet 160 bout 14 bf and not alot of muscle. My nipples are really pointy and sensitive not painful just sensitive. I can push on them no pain or anything but my shirt rubbing on them drives me crazy. Need help guy?
Travis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
Travis25

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414288695.533421.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414288727.435746.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414288714.902953.jpg (169.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 10-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
bigoso
Intense Muscle Competitor

Doesn't look like gyno to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bigoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

I am going to write an article on this - it is on my list of topics because I get this a LOT from clients - especially young ones.

All guys have glands under their nipples unless they have had them surgically removed. When body fat is low the gland gets much smaller and when body fat is higher, the gland gets bigger. This is NOT gyno - not even related, at all.

I always tell my clients this about gyno: If you get gyno you will almost always know for damn sure that it is gyno. It will hurt and there will be no real doubt. If you are thinking, "when I move just right or when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt", that is not gyno. Shirts rub against nipples all the time and hurt. When I was in 5th grade the entire basketball team had to tape their nipples because they would be raw from the uniforms if we didn't. Not exactly gyno.

I am not beating up on the poster as I understand the concern and, again, I get this question a LOT.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #5
Ken "Skip" Hill

And let me add this for the poster:

Don't think that you need to lose body fat to get your chest looking like you want it to look. That is not the answer. You meed muscle - a lot of it and you then will fill out the chest area and your chest will look completely different even if your body fat doesn't change, at all.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
gsop_3
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

...All guys have glands under their nipples unless they have had them surgically removed. When body fat is low the gland gets much smaller and when body fat is higher, the gland gets bigger. This is NOT gyno - not even related, at all.

Shirts rub against nipples all the time and hurt. When I was in 5th grade the entire basketball team had to tape their nipples because they would be raw from the uniforms if we didn't. Not exactly gyno.

Skip

This just reminded me of when I was in high school...we guys would refer to this as having "nipple knots" because there is sometimes even a hard lump in the nipple...and yes they would be sensitive!
Even up through university age I still had them. I assume this was just due to puberty...hormonal changes/becoming a "man" physically/bio-chemically.
Remember, gear or not, you are at a time in your life where your T levels will be naturally higher than at any other time in your life...(barring any genetic predispositions to super low T).

Skip, maybe you'll cover this in your article, IDK...but thought I'd throw that out there.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

gsop_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Travis25

Thing is i took amphetamine salts through high school for add and i hear that causes gyno? I was a big kid 25% bf and about 195 after two years of taking the add meds i dropped to 135 and 11% bf then after a year of being off it i got back to the 170 14% bf range and now my nips are like this.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
Petros
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

In your original statement, you said there sensitive, not painful. Gyno is VERY PAINFUL. My brother had it and he almost punched me in the face for touching/grabbing it softly.

My gland has been swollen as skip has said, and the way you describe it is dead on how it felt for me. I am also using amphetamines salts every day and don't have a problem with mine. Hell, I don't even see how it could cause gyno to be honest. Do a bit more research but from what yor saying you don't have it. If yor worried go to your doctor and ask. In the meantime pound a lot of water as that is what helped me.

I used to be overweight when I was younger as well. Yor good to go in my opinion and if anything call the doc up.
Petros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
Jared Ragsdale
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

I used to think I had some gyno problems as well - but it's just fat being held there like skip said. Once I leaned down and hit the stage they disappear.. Otherwise in the offseason they typically are puffy and larger.

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
FB:

Email:

Jared Ragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #10
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

"...when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt"

WTF?!?! Lmao

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal:
TLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #11
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis25 View Post
Thing is i took amphetamine salts through high school for add and i hear that causes gyno? I was a big kid 25% bf and about 195 after two years of taking the add meds i dropped to 135 and 11% bf then after a year of being off it i got back to the 170 14% bf range and now my nips are like this.
I am not going to beat you up but my information contradicts what you are posting. Someone correct me if i am wrong here:

It wasn't ADD medication that caused gyno but ADHD medication, specifically, Risperdal. From my understanding, this is the only medication for ADHD that caused gyno.

If I am correct, you will have nothing to worry about as far as gyno from medication.

Now, if you had a high body fat then you likely could have had higher levels of estrogen. Still, what I explained in my last post still stands. COULD you have gyno? I suppose you COULD. Based on what you have EXPLAINED and how it LOOKS in the pic, you do NOT have gyno.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade View Post
I used to think I had some gyno problems as well - but it's just fat being held there like skip said. Once I leaned down and hit the stage they disappear.. Otherwise in the offseason they typically are puffy and larger.
Thank you.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLopez View Post
"...when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt"

WTF?!?! Lmao
You are the only one who caught that, apparently.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #14
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herculeus View Post
My brother had it and he almost punched me in the face for touching/grabbing it softly.
Translation: I was trying to suck his tits.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #15
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
You are the only one who caught that, apparently.

Skip
I definitely caught that.
Collabera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #16
Ken "Skip" Hill

lol

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #17
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
I am not going to beat you up but my information contradicts what you are posting. Someone correct me if i am wrong here:

It wasn't ADD medication that caused gyno but ADHD medication, specifically, Risperdal. From my understanding, this is the only medication for ADHD that caused gyno.

If I am correct, you will have nothing to worry about as far as gyno from medication.

Now, if you had a high body fat then you likely could have had higher levels of estrogen. Still, what I explained in my last post still stands. COULD you have gyno? I suppose you COULD. Based on what you have EXPLAINED and how it LOOKS in the pic, you do NOT have gyno.

Skip
This is correct. I took adderall (amphetamine salt) almost all throughout middle and high school. Due to concerns over my health I did a tremendous amount of research on how it affects the body. During my research I read a lot about risperdal. Gyno is a known side effect although not listed on its main list.

This all assuming he took risperdal at some point. There is nothing about adderall that will cause gyno. The majority of kids at my schools growing up took it and as far as I know not one had gyno.
Collabera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #18
Ken "Skip" Hill

And Risperdal was for ADHD, not ADD. My son has ADD so I know a little more than the average about these compounds.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 10-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #19
nexa
Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
And Risperdal was for ADHD, not ADD. My son has ADD so I know a little more than the average about these compounds.

Skip
Risperdal is a usually for schizophrenia and bipolar. I've never seen it used for ADHD.

And yes, it can cause gyno.
nexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #20
RipVanBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexa View Post
Risperdal is a usually for schizophrenia and bipolar. I've never seen it used for ADHD.

And yes, it can cause gyno.
I was on Risperdol for years for Schizophrenia. It is a monster. Pill rolling, involuntary muscle flexion, gyno, lighting bolts zapping through my brain. I can't believe doctors would prescribe this for ADHD. That is reckless. I ended up on Cogentin to treat the Parkinsons-like tremors and tweaks and twitches.

Edit: Wow. I need to start looking at the dates. Old thread. Sorry.

Last edited by RipVanBlack; 02-21-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: old thread
RipVanBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanBlack View Post
I was on Risperdol for years for Schizophrenia. It is a monster. Pill rolling, involuntary muscle flexion, gyno, lighting bolts zapping through my brain. I can't believe doctors would prescribe this for ADHD. That is reckless. I ended up on Cogentin to treat the Parkinsons-like tremors and tweaks and twitches.

Edit: Wow. I need to start looking at the dates. Old thread. Sorry.
This is an old thread so I might struggle to recall but I believe risperdal wasn't a typical medication for ADHD but one for specific ADHD situations/cases where other medications didn't work well.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 02-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #22
RipVanBlack

It won't let me post links. There is a warning specifically not to give to young children.

Some docs might go off label with it.

Risperdol has the same kind of kick as Haldol.

I still refuse treatment with risperdol unless my wife convinces me I'm not living in reality.

I can remember fighting 6 security techs in the hospital for trying to make me take it. Ended up face down with a man on each arm and each leg being force injected with haldol. Good thing too. That is when someone needs to be on risperdol. When without it you may be a danger to yourself or others.

Man those guys were pissed.
RipVanBlack is offline   Reply With Quote