MM Strongman Journal

CGBP

135 x 10
    225 x 10
    275 x 5
    315 x 5
    335 x 5

Log Press Incline

275 for 5 sets of 5 (first time ever doing these and i suck)

Dips

5 sets of 20

Pull Ups

5 sets of 15

Abs

5 sets

Neck

3 sets with 100 pounds

Then played with the gripper for a while

good workout, still sore as shit though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

felt like training again today since i got off work and was really bored

Axle Clean and Press

worked up to 260 x 3 (easy)
    then tried 300 a million times and couldnt clean it.... i cant continental, i think i may be a lil lean for it or i dont have the technique down.... it just slides right down my abs and hurts like a bitch. I almost clean it straight up with a mixed grip, i may be better of with that technique

Keg Press

154 x 1
    180 x 1
    200 x 1
    240 x a few tries, i almost got it, first time ever trying to press a keg, ill get it

Power Stairs

400 x 4 stairs
    400 x 2 implements x 4 stairs (so 8 total) then 240 keg for 4 stairs, all in one shot..... pretty hard and worse part about power stairs is getting all the shit down

Axle Rows

worked up to 250 x 6 for 3 sets..... my grip sucks on these

Prowler

10 sprints of 180 feet with 90 pounds...... mixed low and high handles

i trained a lot today and im bout to go eat a lot now
    "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va
  • sunlovinCO
    Intense Muscle Vet
    • Jul 2007

Seems like the continental is easier for the heavy dudes with big guts. You can put a belt on to push any fat you have up (if you even have any), but be careful, Dione won't usually let you rest it on your belt... Darryl has hardly any ab fat so he has the same problem. At the plat show in Tx I saw one guy continental by leaning back so far his back was almost parallel to the floor.... ouch, but it worked.

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
      Super-heavyweight Member
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sunlovinCO
      Seems like the continental is easier for the heavy dudes with big guts. You can put a belt on to push any fat you have up (if you even have any), but be careful, Dione won't usually let you rest it on your belt... Darryl has hardly any ab fat so he has the same problem. At the plat show in Tx I saw one guy continental by leaning back so far his back was almost parallel to the floor.... ouch, but it worked.
      yeah i dont have any on my stomach.... so the bar just slides right on down

ill just get my grip stronger for now and figured it out later if i ever see a max axle clean and press event (rare)

Fronts

135 x 10
      225 x 5
      275 x 5
      315 x 5
      375 x 5

275 x 5 sets of 10

Hanging Leg Raises

5 sets

I wanted to do back squats but my shoulders were way to tight today and are still extremly sore..... so i aborted those after i couldnt get into position.... doing a lot of sets of fronts always sucks ..... all lifts done raw
      "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

• BIX
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        • Sep 2006

i have that same problem......no gut=no shelf
        NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
        2015 contests:
        Contest Info
        KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
          Super-heavyweight Member
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BIX
          i have that same problem......no gut=no shelf
          lol its good and bad i suppose

AM

Seated shoulder press w/ no back support

135 x 10
          155 x 5
          175 x 5
          200 x 5

1 arm shoulder press (no leg drive)

70 x 5 sets of 10

Pull Ups

5 sets of a lot of reps

ABS

3 sets

PM

Deads

135 x 5
          225 x 5
          315 x 5
          405 x 5
          495 x 5
          585 x 1
          635 x 1
          675 x 1
          730 x miss x 2
          675 again for a few singles

Truck tire deadlift

tried 800 and couldnt get it (its right at a bad spot for me..... by the lower knee)

Farmer Deads

250 x 10
          300 x 1
          360 x 1 (i suck at these)

Stones

nothing spectactular..... did series of 3 x a few sets

my wife wanted for me to meet her at the gym tonight, so i did..... i couldnt just go into the gym and not train... which i should have. I didnt have a meal for like 3 hours prior to lifting because i came straight from work. Oh well, still had fun in the PM session, cant set PR's every session

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
            Super-heavyweight Member
            • Mar 2007

Axle Clean and Press (every rep)

160 x 10
            210 x 10
            280 x 1
            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1_pk7oBXo[/YOUTUBE]
            290 x 1
            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXgtCl4CnVo[/YOUTUBE]
            300 x 1
            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XjymKsvcWE[/YOUTUBE]
            320 x miss
            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8IU1cj5BAg[/YOUTUBE]
            210 x 3 sets of 10 (for press conditiong, which i dont have)

Viper Press

180 x 2 sets of 10

GHR

BW x 3 sets of 20

Shrugs

100 kb x 4 sets

good workout really happy today

Comment

• heavyset
              • Apr 2009

strong ass weights you putting up here nice log, how long have you been into strongman? looks brutal

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
                Super-heavyweight Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by heavyset
                strong ass weights you putting up here nice log, how long have you been into strongman? looks brutal
                thanks man,

been training strongman for about a year, but real serious since around augest of this year

Comment

• KendoKid
                  Lightweight Member
                  • Oct 2008

Nice axles dude. You throw the weights around like they are nothing.
                  I <3 TrueNutrition Discount Code: PTR819
                  Check out my training log

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
                    Super-heavyweight Member
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by KendoKid
                    Nice axles dude. You throw the weights around like they are nothing.
                    lol it doesnt feel like nothing! thanks man

CGBP

135 x 20
                    225 x 10
                    275 x 3
                    315 x 3
                    350 x 3

Incline CG

225 x 3 sets of 10

CGBP

225 x 3 sets of 10

Pull Ups

5 sets

ABS

5 sets

Played with grippers for a while

Comment

• BIX
                      Intense Muscle Competitor
                      • Sep 2006

nice axle pressing man, 300 is some solid weight there
                      NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
                      2015 contests:
                      Contest Info
                      KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
                        Super-heavyweight Member
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BIX
                        nice axle pressing man, 300 is some solid weight there
                        thanks Bix i just strated messing with the axle about 2 weeks ago, so its still real new to me

Farmers

135 x 50
                        205 x 50
                        275 x 50
                        325 x 50

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_oHoNai7vg[/YOUTUBE]
                        325 x 50
                        275 x 170 (had to drop short due my popping in my trap, ive injured it in the same place before doing farmers, so i knew to drop it when i felt it this time..... im good)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPhfWcTFoY[/YOUTUBE]

Slater Circus DB

played aaround with it for a while, i cant get it with my left yet, its a big fucking dumbell and is awkward as hell, plus my left shoulder is kinda messed up

Conans wheel

800 x 1.25 laps (PR)

Stones

300/330/360
                        330/360/380
                        260/300/330/360/380

did very well today and am happy..... would like to get my grip strength up though for farmers.

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
                          Super-heavyweight Member
                          • Mar 2007

Fronts

135 x 10
                          225 x 3
                          275 x 3
                          315 x 3
                          365 x 3
                          405 x 3 (felt terrible, core is real weak from events yesturday)

OLY Squats

225 x 10
                          315 x 10
                          405 x 10
                          455 x 10
                          365 x 20

Pull Down ABS

5 sets

All lifts done raw dawg, my legs were already starting to get sore about 10 am (i train at 4:30am) , tomorrow and the next few days are going to suck.

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
                            Super-heavyweight Member
                            • Mar 2007

BB Strict Press

135 x 10
                            155 x 3
                            185 x 3
                            225 x 3 (i think this is a PR)

Press Medlay

280log/260 axle / 120'ish circus DB / 240 keg

i did a few times, the best i got in 60 seconds was 3 implements(log/axle/keg.... couldnt get DB in time or at all with my left for that matter), i really suck at the circus db and my conditiong sucks on this event.... heres a vid of my first go at it, i messed up on my axle clean and a bunch of other things lol..... i think im going to do log, then axle, then keg, then cirus DB . My left shoulder is kind of messed up from HS football still (years and years ago!) so its very awkard for me and i have zero confidence in it. I must say, its a fun medlay though

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0BV4IC1Tw[/YOUTUBE]

dips / pull ups superset for 5 sets

good workout, need to work on that freaking circus DB and OH press conditioning.

Comment

• Mike_Mc2
                              Lightweight Member
                              • Dec 2007

James, you getting ready for the contest the 1st week of January. BTW bro, you might want to do keg before axle since it's more awkward. Check out vids of Rob Orlando pressing the keg on youtube. Nice job on the training bro.
                              The only difference between a dream and a nightmare is how big your balls are.

Comment

Working...