• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -AJA14-
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • Jan 2009

Brand name Products on TN Website

Did people really ask for them?

We go to TN for the Great Quality we are getting and the Great Prices. I just don't get it.
  • mark!
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • May 2011

From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense. Plus, if prices are good for some of the other products I use, I can order all of my stuff in one place, so long as the shipping and quality of my TN products doesn't suffer.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

• mentalflex
      ISOM Winner February 2012
      • May 2009

Business is business and this is going to give TN a huge competitive edge. I actually did a huge amount of research and put together an enormous analysis for one of my grad school projects on how TN could improve themselves from a competitive postion and one of the issues was being able to buy all supplements in one place and how can TN attract non-customers to try their products. Well you add a bunch of brands at good prices and and showcase your products alongside them.

TN is also going to foray into establishing retail chains and in the process of working on a project to allow customers and hiring industry professional to write articles (possibly Homon, Skip...as well as others).

Pretty cool how much they are growing, I love it.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

• Doggcrapp
        Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by -AJA14-
        Did people really ask for them?
        We go to TN for the Great Quality we are getting and the Great Prices. I just don't get it.
        EVERYBODY...EVERYBODY...asked for them....If i had a nickel for every single person who over the years told me they wished we had this "Brand Name" product to buy along with the protein or products at TN that they would buy from us instead of bodybuilding.com. This has happened 1000's upon 1000's of times. We have gotten so sick of hearing it that we are just going to give everyone what they want. I just got to the point that I could not hear one more person saying "I would buy these TN products but I also buy this Gaspari product and this MRM product so i just go to bodybuilding.com and get them and just buy the optimum nutrition brand "I dont like it as much as yours but i dont want to buy from two sites"

Enough.

There it is.

Here is my question for everyone now. OK We have everything....why would you ever go anywhere else now?
        Last edited by Doggcrapp; 06-23-2012, 01:48 PM.
        IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

• dakoose
          Light-heavyweight Member
          • May 2009

Here is my question for everyone now. OK We have everything....why would you ever go anywhere else now?
          Good fucking question......for me, I haven't ordered anywhere other than TPN for a few years now, but for people that do, why?

****The shipping is slow/expensive, but that's it. My company ships via USPS and the longest a package shipped within the US takes is 3 business days. Is there a reason TN doesn't use them?
          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

• Jared Ragsdale
            TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer
            • Apr 2006

Smart move for you guys. A lot of work goes into that, but you'll definitely benefit.
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

• RageBlanket
              Raw SHW 1526 Total
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by dakoose
              Good fucking question......for me, I haven't ordered anywhere other than TPN for a few years now, but for people that do, why?

****The shipping is slow/expensive, but that's it. My company ships via USPS and the longest a package shipped within the US takes is 3 business days. Is there a reason TN doesn't use them?
              I've gotten orders from TN using USPS. It's one of the shipping choices. ??
              You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

• -AJA14-
                Light-heavyweight Member
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                EVERYBODY...EVERYBODY...asked for them....If i had a nickel for every single person who over the years told me they wished we had this "Brand Name" product to buy along with the protein or products at TN that they would buy from us instead of bodybuilding.com. This has happened 1000's upon 1000's of times. We have gotten so sick of hearing it that we are just going to give everyone what they want. I just got to the point that I could not hear one more person saying "I would buy these TN products but I also buy this Gaspari product and this MRM product so i just go to bodybuilding.com and get them and just buy the optimum nutrition brand "I dont like it as much as yours but i dont want to buy from two sites"

Enough.

There it is.

Thanks Dante, after finding the site, I just thought people would buy the raw ingredients, instead of using a company to mix the raw ingredients for them. I just think it is cheaper and healthier to buy Raw ingredients. I dont think there is any ingredient in these brand name products lets say size on or jack3d, that I cant buy at TN.
                I can understand kids wanting to buy name brands, but I don't see serious lifters that would want to buy Name brand and spend more money.
                Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• RageBlanket
                  Raw SHW 1526 Total
                  • Dec 2011

Thanks Dante, after finding the site, I just thought people would buy the raw ingredients, instead of using a company to mix the raw ingredients for them. I just think it is cheaper and healthier to buy Raw ingredients. I dont think there is any ingredient in these brand name products lets say size on or jack3d, that I cant buy at TN.
                  I can understand kids wanting to buy name brands, but I don't see serious lifters that would want to buy Name brand and spend more money.
                  Different strokes for different folks.

While I agree to some extent, now that TN carries the 2 things I get elsewhere (USP SuperCissus and Quest bars), I can condense my purchasing to just one site. Additionally, their price is better, PLUS I can always save 5%, sometimes 10% if I catch a sale.

It's convenient for us loyal customers who have a few other needs/wants, yet opens TN up to an entire new customer base who were unable or unwilling to try their signature products in the past.

Comment

• slide
                    Intense Set of the Month December 2009
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                    I wouldnt before and I wont start now. From a business standpoint, its a great move and makes sense (plus, Skip told me to).

Originally posted by dakoose
                    Im pretty sure the shipping costs, etc. have been addressed many times in the past. Regarding slow, I guess thats relative as I am on the East Coast and receive my order via UPS Ground in a week (total time is about a week after order). It might be "slow" compared to Amazon Prime...but a week isnt a big deal (to me).

-slide
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• -AJA14-
                      Light-heavyweight Member
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RageBlanket
                      While I agree to some extent, now that TN carries the 2 things I get elsewhere (USP SuperCissus and Quest bars), I can condense my purchasing to just one site. Additionally, their price is better, PLUS I can always save 5%, sometimes 10% if I catch a sale.

It's convenient for us loyal customers who have a few other needs/wants, yet opens TN up to an entire new customer base who were unable or unwilling to try their signature products in the past.
                      I have nothing for Quest bars. I dont like protein bars

But for USP

Same thing, cheaper price.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand why TN is doing it. I just dont understand the buying part of it on the consumers end.
                      Last edited by -AJA14-; 06-23-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• RageBlanket
                        Raw SHW 1526 Total
                        • Dec 2011

I have nothing for Quest bars. i dont like bars

But for USP

Your first statement is nonsense!

I'll give the CQ a try, though. I'm in one of those situations with the USP product that I've had such good results with it I'm hesitant to change.

Comment

• Jared Ragsdale
                          TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer
                          • Apr 2006

I have nothing for Quest bars. i dont like bars

But for USP

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand why TN is doing it. I just dont understand the buying part of it on the consumers end.
                          Because what you are describing is about 1% of the buying population and about 10% of the people that workout consistently.

Why not attack the other 90% that are buying supplements?
                          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                          www.316fit.com
                          Email: [email protected]

Comment

• -AJA14-
                            Light-heavyweight Member
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RageBlanket
                            Your first statement is nonsense!

I'll give the CQ a try, though. I'm in one of those situations with the USP product that I've had such good results with it I'm hesitant to change.
                            FIFY, I love the other kind of bars.

Comment

• -AJA14-
                              Light-heavyweight Member
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fade
                              Because what you are describing is about 1% of the buying population and about 10% of the people that workout consistently.

Why not attack the other 90% that are buying supplements?
                              I think that is what I am doing.

Comment

Working...