Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Picture Forums > Member Pics

Member Pics Post pictures to show off your progress.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #126
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
I saw you post in the featured member thread so I know you're alive! I've been wondering how it all finished up. Whew! That was a looooong prep. Offseason will feel abnormal.

Belated congrats on the October show.
Thank you! Yes, ive been around...lol.
Well, I placed 4th in my class, at a pretty competitive show. I thought I should have been higher, but what competitor doesn't? Lol. My.class winner also won the overall. I did 3 shows and had two 2nd place finishes and one 4th place and every site, my class winner also won the overall. I'm happy with my look I brought and the best my lower half has ever looked.

I am trying to keep it relatively tight, but get my hormones back on track. Almost 3 weeks post show, and I've been holding steady at 10lbs over my lowest depleted weight. Food is currently 55f/255c/210p...and that should be increasing weekly, as long as I follow it.

The night after the show, I did some cardio and was back in the gym Monday. I went a little crazy Thanksgiving weekend. That Sunday evening (8 days post show) I was 196..lol. The prior Friday, the day before the show I was 173. But, by Tuesday, I was back down to 183 and that's where I've been since. I'm not as lean, that's for sure, but still have abs and quad vascularity. In a good spot and i don't feel like shit abs sleeping now than 4hrs.

I am starting a DUP powerlifting style training now. We are going to Maui this winter, so I have that to train for..haha.

Here are some pics of the show, and a week leading up to the show and the days prior. You can see how i changed as the food increased. I also included a pic of when i did the same show, years prior.

Now, to enjoy the improvement season, with 2018 shows possibly on the radar.

http://share.pho.to/AYLU0
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
order - Use Code RHB606
breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #127
phoenix13
Moderator of Female Forum

Jeez! You did a great job - on this prep, and for the overall progress over the years. I admire the discipline and commitment you maintained over this period. The mother hen in me worried on occasion, being it was so lengthy.

"I'm not lean, that's for sure..." LOL I don't believe you.

Good luck with DUP and offseason progress. Thanks for keeping this thread going. It was a good reminder to not make excuses and just get shit done.
2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Use Code DOM649 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a discount.
phoenix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #128
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

Thanks for the kind words. You're the best. Yeah, my personality and overall state of mind was not the next the last few weeks. My wife had it..lol. i tried my best to be normal...but i was pretty much a zombie..from long work hours to the grind of prep. Not having the stress of a show constantly on my mind has been nice. It starts to consume you.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

order - Use Code RHB606
Old 12-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #129
MaxNat
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1262

Nice work, my man! You look absolutely shredded, and the placings are what they are... we have discussed that before... VERY subjective, and sometimes when you suffer the most and think you look the best you ever have, you place lower than the last show when you thought you were 90%. I still think that you are nuts for pulling this off, but you did, and you deserve a lot of credit and respect (and you should also have your head checked!). I see they still make you do that totally awkward, "45 degree, stand on one foot and flex your hamstring, while reciting the 3rd line of the 4th paragraph from the NANBF/OCB competitor handbook bullshit pose"! LOL! Seriously?? I am cramping up, dehydrated, mind-numb, and I can't hardly stand here on both feet, and you want me to balance on one foot and not look like I am walking on a moving tightrope in a 50 mph wind?? WTF? Anywho... that prior comparison picture is amazing! Props on a crazy run... it was fun to watch you suffer from afar as I sat at my computer with chocolate donut crumbs falling all over the place. Enjoy your offseason, if anyone deserves one it is YOU!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 PM   #130
slide
Intense Set of the Month December 2009

Congrats, Breck...not only on the placings, but on setting these goals and knocking them out. Not many people can commit to one show...you did three and had a year long prep (seemed like it at least), so that in itself is a huge accomplishment.

I definitely enjoyed the changes and this journey of yours...all while sipping whiskey or beer.

-s

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #131
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

I see they still make you do that totally awkward, "45 degree, stand on one foot and flex your hamstring, while reciting the 3rd line of the 4th paragraph from the NANBF/OCB competitor handbook bullshit pose"!

anyone who has ever competed should LOL when they read this...I totally did!!

Rich--what can I say?? you are a WARRIOR.
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI
'11-USPA Metro
'10-NPC Stingrey
'09-NPC Islands
'09-NPC Stingrey
'09-ABA Islands
'02-ABA Islands
'02-ABA IronWorks
'01-NPC Paradise Cup
'01-ABA Olympia
'01-ABA Islands
'00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
'00-INBF Musclefest
'98-NGA Ill
'98-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #132
breck

Sup bitches
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

order - Use Code RHB606
Old 04-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #133
breck

Training is going well and enjoying not being on low cals. Just finished week 11, of a 12 week powerlifting program. Training 5 days/week, with 20min cardio each day. Nutrition is currently 70f/356c/210p.

Last week Highlights
Squat
380x2,2,10

Bench (paused)
225x2,2,9

Seated DB Press
80x3x10

Yesterday
Squat
390x1,1,1

Bench
231x1,1,1

Seated DB Press
80x10,10,10

I bench 3-4 times/week, deals twice and squat 4 times, one of those being paused squats.

I retest my maxes next week. Im thinking, 430-460sq, 275-285bp, 440-475dl. Then build from there.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

order - Use Code RHB606