Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Skip's World > Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals

Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals All journals related to Skip's own training for off season, contest prep and just daily journaling over the last 10 years.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

2016 Journal TRT Bodybuilding

I have closed the 2014/2015 journal as it became boring and all over the place. Basically, everything was scattered during that time while I tried to start the Until I Collapse DVD, dealing with blood issues and training and diet in limbo the large majority of the time. I also was doing most of my journaling on the EliteFTS site and simply linking to it from that journal.

I started a new log for 2016 and it will only cover 2016. There will be a LOT of stuff going on this next year and I am going to do detailed journal entries here and I am committed to doing them frequently. I am committing to an average of 3 a week and I am going to work to post more than that whenever possible. It is a top priority for me this next year as I will be linking this journal consistently to social media.

I am finally starting the filming for the DVD in late January/early February and I couldn't be more excited. It has taken a LONG time to get to this point with many obstacles along the way so I appreciate those that have hung in there and have been understanding. I stand by the fact that the DVD will be awesome when we finish it. I anticipate the finishing of the DVD by about August and going public by about October. The reason we can go live so quickly is because we will be building the chapters as we go. I will film a chapter and it will be edited and the final version will be put into the DVD but the DVD will be offline until it is finished.

There may be a few "extras" in the DVD that I don't want to give away just yet but I will say that 2 people very close to me have POSSIBLE plans to compete this year. If that pans out, their plans would be included in a separate chapter of the DVD including their diet plans and they would make appearances in training footage, diet information and possibly family footage, as well.

Melissa (Sissy) will be in here and posting this year. Her health concerns are done and she is finally ready to de-fat (her words, not mine). She is still dealing with central apnea where the brain doesn't tell her to breathe at night and she has gained a lot of weight in the process. However, her debilitating headaches have finally gone away (about 6 months worth of headaches) and even though she still has no REM sleep, she is sleeping much better and we hope that will continue to improve with training, getting leaner and eating healthier.

We have a lot going on this year including possibly moving higher up into the mountains so we are looking forward to a really good year and I just cannot wait to get started on the DVD. I will have some cameo appearances in the DVD that people will recognize so it should be a lot of fun to do. Plus, I will have a lot of fun footage of the family, as well. A lot of people will probably be surprised by the kids looking so much different considering the Longevity DVD was done 5 years ago and 6 from when the new DVD will come out.

I have a lot of new information for the DVD that I think people will enjoy. There are changes to the Skipload that I feel make it even better than before, my stretching protocol that has kept myself from any major back injuries in almost 3 years, changes to training to accommodate my back issues and to just generally stay injury free, my TRT recommendations and how people can get into insane condition and grow muscle even while only on TRT dosing, seminars about Skiploading and much more.

Plenty of pictures, videos, etc.. It should be entertaining and please feel free to share or link, as well.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Bu$ter

OK....I will appear as needed in the DVD series....
Bu$ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu$ter View Post
OK....I will appear as needed in the DVD series....
I will hold you to that!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #4
Jared Ragsdale
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

I'm subscribed for this one.

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
FB:

Email:

Jared Ragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
Jen
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 715 total in 125 weight class

Looking forward to watching this roll out!
"This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Looking forward to watching this roll out!
I told Sissy you were around quite a bit so that is probably why she agreed to it.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

#Awesome

(Another)oldmancranking
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI
'11-USPA Metro
'10-NPC Stingrey
'09-NPC Islands
'09-NPC Stingrey
'09-ABA Islands
'02-ABA Islands
'02-ABA IronWorks
'01-NPC Paradise Cup
'01-ABA Olympia
'01-ABA Islands
'00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
'00-INBF Musclefest
'98-NGA Ill
'98-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
fireguy10720
Bantamweight Member

Can't wait to follow your journey buddy
fireguy10720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

This should be fun.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
*Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs
Collabera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy10720 View Post
Can't wait to follow your journey buddy
And I am looking forward to working with your wife again! So glad to hear she wants to get back at it! Hope you guys are enjoying the Holidays.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
Michael Travis
Intense Muscle Competitor

Looking forward to following this one!
Michael Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill

Wed, Dec. 16th, 2015

Will be training legs tonight with my training partner that I have been training with for about a month. Decent training partner but will be switching back to training with Sissy after the 1st of the year and it sounds like my daughter, as well. Because it will be the 3 of us we are going to have a very fast pace and she is working on getting herself familiarized with different exercises and form right now so that I have less to teach as we go, after the 1st of the year.

Training legs tonight but my lower back is very tight for some reason. Not injured, just tight. I get this from time to time for no obvious reason. I will be careful in choosing exercises tonight for my leg session.

3 sessions of cardio on Monday, 3 on Tuesday and 1 today due to legs tonight. I will hit 3 on Thurs and 3 on Friday with 1 on Saturday for a total of 14 sessions from 8 last week. I already feel leaner but it is only Wednesday. I am also slightly fuller because of the added carbs on both training and non-training days. So far, this cardio load has been quite doable other than being damp and smelling like hell most of the day until I can get a shower after that last session.

Really looking forward to the weekend as I am taking Sissy to the Denver Biscuit Company for bfast before looking at a few more houses in the afternoon and then hitting the buffet at the Ameristar for all-you-can-eat crab legs (among other things).

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
jeffro
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Wed, Dec. 16th, 2015

3 sessions of cardio on Monday, 3 on Tuesday and 1 today due to legs tonight. I will hit 3 on Thurs and 3 on Friday with 1 on Saturday for a total of 14 sessions from 8 last week. I already feel leaner but it is only Wednesday. I am also slightly fuller because of the added carbs on both training and non-training days. So far, this cardio load has been quite doable other than being damp and smelling like hell most of the day until I can get a shower after that last session.

Skip
Damn dude! 3 cardio sessions a day!? stab my eyes out That is some dedication sir and my hats off. do you always do this much cardio? How long is each session?

jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #14
Ken "Skip" Hill

Hell no I don't usually do this. lol

It is weird because it really isn't even that bad. I only do 30 minute sessions because I feel that once a session gets over 30 minutes the return isn't as good on a per minute basis. EG: I feel strongly that 3 sessions of 30 minutes per day are better than 1 session of 90 minutes.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Jen
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 715 total in 125 weight class

I feel like a loser... I struggle with 3 sessions a week! You're the man!
"This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #16
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

What is your thought process on this "cardio load"?

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
*Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs
Old 12-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #17
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

The house search sounds exciting....good for you man
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI
'11-USPA Metro
'10-NPC Stingrey
'09-NPC Islands
'09-NPC Stingrey
'09-ABA Islands
'02-ABA Islands
'02-ABA IronWorks
'01-NPC Paradise Cup
'01-ABA Olympia
'01-ABA Islands
'00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
'00-INBF Musclefest
'98-NGA Ill
'98-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:32 AM   #18
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabera View Post
What is your thought process on this "cardio load"?
Too early to tell but I should have a better idea by the weekend. Especially considering I trained legs tonight so 3 session each day for Thursday and Friday just might suck.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #19
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Too early to tell but I should have a better idea by the weekend. Especially considering I trained legs tonight so 3 session each day for Thursday and Friday just might suck.

Skip
Yeah I switched to 4 MISS sessions per week and my legs were beat even before legs. That switch from HIIT to MISS was no joke. Good luck with this and I'm interested to see what this does. I assume by the term load, this is only short term.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #20
fireguy10720
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
And I am looking forward to working with your wife again! So glad to hear she wants to get back at it! Hope you guys are enjoying the Holidays.

Skip

Yeah, she needs some help brother..
How's the house hunting going? We have some nice homes for sale over in conifer.
We need to get together for a burger sometime.
Need you to show us some of those good burger places..
fireguy10720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #21
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy10720 View Post
Yeah, she needs some help brother..
How's the house hunting going? We have some nice homes for sale over in conifer.
We need to get together for a burger sometime.
Need you to show us some of those good burger places..
The house hunting is going quite well - tedious, but well. We are looking at 4 more this Sunday but it might be more just eliminating them than anything else. It is always something - love the house, hate the views. Love the views, too far from Evergreen (we want to be close so that the kids can keep going to school here). GORGEOUS views for a couple houses in Conifer but not big enough and not practical. We are very picky, too, which doesn't help. lol We are looking at a beautiful house this weekend but it is up in Golden Gate Canyon - way up.

Anyway, we do need to do a burger soon, for sure. We are tied up this Sunday with house hunting but maybe one of the next couple!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #22
Ken "Skip" Hill

Thursday, December 17th, 2015

Dodged a bullet last night at the gym training legs. Probably shouldn't have trained them because for some reason my lower back was really tender and I knew it going in. I haven't injured it but sometimes - for no reason - it just gets tender. I actually wasn't sure what I would be able to do but the more I warmed up and stretched the better it was.

Trained abs, calves, quads and hams with only 1 cardio session earlier in the day.

I knew I would have to be smart with this session and not do something that might make my back worse or even to the point of making me have to not train.

Abs went well, calves went well (though I tend to back off on volume for calf work as my cardio goes up) and got into quads. I figured right away that compression of my spine was the issue this time because I could feel it a little bit when doing standing calf raises. I opted to start with the pendulum squat or what I call the "hinge squat". The weight on this exercise is supported more on the lower back - directly on the lower back - than on the shoulders so I felt this was a good move and that I would just do as many sets as I could considering my options were limited - I wasn't going to be able to squat and I damn sure couldn't leg press. Anything that was going to "stretch" my lower back was going to hurt.

I managed 8 sets of Hinge Squats before my legs were toast with only minimal pressure on my lower back.

I then did 5 sets of seated leg curls (there was no way I was going to be able to do lying leg curls because it would have put too much pressure on my lower back).

Wanted to hit my glutes/hams more because the Hinge Squats just don't hit them that hard so I did a couple sets of reverse lunges in the smith and they felt really good on my back and was able to bomb the shit out of my legs some more.

Finished with leg extensions but honestly I was going through the motions because they were done at that point.

With my diet at 2 carb meals on training days and 2 carb meals on non-training days, I feel relatively full most of the time (not a lot but more than usual) but yet I am still getting leaner from all of this cardio. I admit that the 3 sessions per day is a lot easier the first 2 days of the week before I train legs. lol

My weight is sitting at 209 right now and I was 207 before leaving on the cruise. I was lower in weight but was considerably flatter - like big time. I feel much fuller now and look a lot better. I had a lot of loose skin simply from being so depleted the last few weeks before vacation. Part of the fullness this week is that I went back to using insulin on my Skipload days. I will get into that tomorrow and how I use it for my Skiploads and how it is working.

I anticipate my weight still dropping considering I have 3 cardios today, 3 tomorrow and 1 on Saturday. I would love to be at or even slightly below 207 because that would give me some confidence that I can get under 205 by the end of the year and then 200 at some point in January. If I can keep most of this fullness I should look great at 200 and be ready to start shifting gears slowly and adding back calories.

Here is a video of the exercise for quads: https://youtu.be/-XM6xs0srUU

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #23
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

For the love of God, don't ever make me cardio load.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
groversbeef
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
With my diet at 2 carb meals on training days and 2 carb meals on non-training days, I feel relatively full most of the time (not a lot but more than usual) but yet I am still getting leaner from all of this cardio.
Are the 2 carbs meals, on your training days, in addition to any intra and post workout carbs?

"I don't care what anyone blows up your ass, you ain't sore you don't gain shit..." ~ InHuman

groversbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #25
Ken "Skip" Hill

No. I do not use intra and don't recommend it to people unless they have pretty fast metabolisms.

I do pre and post on training days and 2 carb meals mid-day on non-training days.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: