Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #26
Massive G
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

I think it's a great post by BigP3.
If someone is an endo they are gonna have a fk of a time leaning out and lose a tremendous amount of mass in my opinion if they went over board on the food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MG "Testosterone Booster"
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #27
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWangSDC
This post seems more of a "reality check" type post to me. Something along the lines of "Don't kid yoursef, if you're never willing to go through ridiculously harsh dieting, than getting huge the fast way is not the way for you."
this i can totally agree with - nice post

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
- Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
"Consistency can take you a long way"
- Homonunculus
dellsguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #28
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike007
Agreed. I think Dante is right, about getting large the fastest way possible, thats how I started and thats how I'll continue for next years show. But what I get from you guys is that this might involve more extreme dieting for endomorphs that most people don't prefer to go through, in which case a more moderate approach is necessary.Which I guess was the whole point of the post to begin with. Im retarded.

you aren't retarded at all. dieting SUCKS for me big time. it is a long process for me to go through, and that is why a gradual approach after starting at a low BF% is best for some.

for me, let's just say that my body loves to be fat - it holds onto everything it can, which makes dieting down a chore i never look forward to. i'd rather be at a level of fat i can deal with and build from there - that's just me

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus
Old 03-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #29
rowdyhouston

Great post fellas, really imformative! FAT BOYS R US
I myself have experienced a great deal of body fat loss with an experiment with fish oil, I take 3 to 5 grams of fish oil with every meal, I went from 238 (offseason) To a pretty thick 215 at 6 feet (end of Feb. 06. I've always had to watch my weight because I am very carb sensitive also, if I even look at a pepsi my ass will shake for a week, lol.

Last edited by rowdyhouston; 03-24-2006 at 12:37 PM.
rowdyhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #30
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyhouston
Great post fellas, really imformative! FAT BOYS R US
I myself have experienced a great deal of body fat loss with an experiment with fish oil, I take 3 to 5 grams of fish oil with every meal, I went from 238 (offseason) To a pretty thick 215 at 6 feet (end of Feb. 06. I've always had to watch my weight because I am very carb sensitive also, if I even look at a pepsi my ass will shake for a week, lol.
how long did that drop take you to happen?? nice work!!!

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus
Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #31
BLMac

NIce thread here. I'm the epitomy of endo... I've tried for 25 years to break into single digit bf, never can stay there. Cardio 2 hrs a day will get me there, then I start to loose muscle. Heck with it. At 47, I've realized that my 6- pack is mine to feel and not see. 6' 0", 245 is fine with me. Kinda fun havin the neighbor watch me tear the starter rope out of the snowblower and see him kinda cowl off back into his garage.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
AnyOldIron
Light-heavyweight Member

I too believe that higher dosages of fish oil are beneficial to fat loss/control .. I take 10g per day to good effect.
AnyOldIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #33
BrianB2368
Heavyweight Member

as far as for me, i dieted from last april to july, then aug to oct. during that time i went from 232 to 177 (177 was contest weight dehydrated) anyway... i believe i lost a decent amount of muscle during the diet.

moral of the story, the longer and harder u diet, the more muscle u have a chance on losing

now i am trying to stay lean, 10% or lower and its tough
BrianB2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #34
rowdyhouston

thanks man.....My transition has been an ongoing thing, but after the winter ended I really started with the fish oil and amped up cardio, so i'd say 2 months for the drop of weight....
rowdyhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #35
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

wow, the chubbies are coming out of the woodwork now. LOL - nice to see all of you here

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus
Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #36
mikethedon
Light-heavyweight Member

chubby man right here lol checking out the thread lol
max box squat 525
Max dead 585
max floor press 380

All these above numbers will be crushed. I promise
mikethedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #37
Phil1369

Another chuby one here !

It's so difficult when the weights are going up but the waist is as well !

There's always the worry that when the fat comes off - there's nothing underneath
Phil1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #38
AnyOldIron
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1369
Another chuby one here !

It's so difficult when the weights are going up but the waist is as well !

There's always the worry that when the fat comes off - there's nothing underneath
unlikely, unless you diet it off .. us fatboys tend to be easy gainers as far as muscle is concerned.
AnyOldIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #39
JWangSDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOldIron
unlikely, unless you diet it off .. us fatboys tend to be easy gainers as far as muscle is concerned.

Agreed. I'm super ectomorphic with a lot of discipline and drive and I'm jealous of my fat friends because of how easily they all gain. Say whatever you want, but building quality mass takes longer than losing fat.
JWangSDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #40
MaverickBU
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWangSDC
Agreed. I'm super ectomorphic with a lot of discipline and drive and I'm jealous of my fat friends because of how easily they all gain. Say whatever you want, but building quality mass takes longer than losing fat.
Ectos unite! I feel ya.
MaverickBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #41
BrianB2368
Heavyweight Member

watch out ectos, the fat guys might eat u haha
BrianB2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #42
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB2368
watch out ectos, the fat guys might eat u haha
or at the very least sit on you
Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #43
dellsguy67
Super-heavyweight Member

bump

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus
Old 11-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #44
fatguy

I have followed these rules pretty much for the last 6 months and have been training since the beginning of the year. I have dropped about 45lbs of fat from my body in the last year. I plan on dropping another 40 in the next 6-7 months. Gaining muscle is easy for me so I want to drop the fat first then I will bulk. That way I know what I gain is muscle not fat. If you are fat like me dont always trust the scale. Your clothes/mirror are a better gauge if you are truly leaning out.
fatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #45
Big Lee
Lightweight Member

I take 10 g fish oil a day. Anyone see a reason to take more? I also halve the carbs on non workout days and have a tbl Peanut butter with each protein meal on off days to keep energy up wiht no insulin spike.

Being small should be a crime.

Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #46
bigp3
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsguy67
ok, one more... like the post by dante says: That is the probably the fastest way in the shortest time to get there. But definitely not the most desirable but truth is truth."

ya, making bodyfat not an issue will allow you to be strong as possible and build as much mass as possible, but "Noone wants to look like a fat slob even if it means the end result will be much closer to their ideal. "

when i said best, i meant best with the "bodybuilder mentality" in mind, meaning that bodyfat and appearance matters, and it isn't something that for most is disregarded in the quest to build muscle.
Guys,

My point with this post was not to contradict Dante and his methods. I used Dante’s methods in the past and they worked quite well for me (not training heavy now due to health related reasons). What my intent was is that everything is relative. Think about it for a minute. If you start out at fifteen percent body fat, twenty percent, or more does it make sense to go out and stuff yourself with Big Macs for the sake of gaining muscle? I think not. I know that fat boys by nature want any excuse to eat everything. Be cautious when bulking when you are chubby to start with.

Imagine bulking up to a body fat level in the mid to high twenties. How much muscle are you going to lose if you try to cut down from twenty eight percent body fat (not to mention the damage to your health). You can bulk as a heavier guy, but I think you have to do it cleanly – Just my opinion. Eat tons of food, but don’t take bulking as an excuse to chug ice cream, donuts, and Big Macs. The skinny guy can get away with this. He more than likely needs the extra calories from some garbage food here and there. My whole point was to bulk smartly when you are heavy to begin with. Bulking is not an excuse for the fat boy to eat like shit. I know it fucked me up on multiple levels when I did it when I was younger – Cholesterol and blood pressure problems attacked me (I can’t stress how important it is to get you blood work done twice a year when you are in this game) – When I cleaned my diet up, my blood work and blood pressure leveled back out. You have to think long term guys. Consider your health as well as getting big. One without the other is not worth it in my opinion. Bulk smart.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"
bigp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #47
whtewolf1
Light-heavyweight Member

Hey big p what advise would you have for dieting, meaning what percentage carbs, and fats,
Old 11-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #48
Big Bapper

Great Thread.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:43 AM   #49
groversbeef
Super-heavyweight Member

Definetly good info in this thread.

So sad to know my relationship with carbs is not as fulfiling as it was.. but an ENDO's gotta do what an ENDO's gotta do

"I don't care what anyone blows up your ass, you ain't sore you don't gain shit..." ~ InHuman

groversbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #50
bouncer dave
Intense Muscle Vet

bump