X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperD
    Heavyweight Member
    • Jul 2006

Three Years MINIMUM!

Though honestly, I would prefer five years of serious lifting experience prior to even thinking about training using these methods. And I am not talking about a few years of half assing it at the gym while you're in college, training sporadically whenever you felt like it. That does not count one bit.
    No. I mean five years of consistent, progressive, balls to the wall workouts. During this time I would expect even the average trainee to have put on at least 20-25lbs of muscle over and above their starting bodyweight.
    This puts you at the intermediate level (barely) and like I said in my honest opinion that is the minimum requirement for training using the DC protocol.
  • dropshot001
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

hooray, finally a rule book for who can do it and who cannot. now people don't have to do it on a case by case basis

Comment

• LiquidMercury
      • Oct 2008

I'd agree with this even though I haven't done DC, but just reading on it that seems like a good protocol. Now to decide if I'm truly ready for DC....

Comment

• bigloz
        Bantamweight Member
        • Apr 2008

yeah see when i started i have 3 years of hard training and 2 years in college when i didnt really know that much so i only counted the three years dont count the bullshit years when you didnt even know how to eat.
        The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward.

Comment

• SuperD
          Heavyweight Member
          • Jul 2006

It wasn't meant as a putdown at all. We just want to set everyone up for success. This is an intense form of training and without the years of experience to learn correct form I don't believe that it's the best choice.

Comment

• sdotcarter
            Lightweight Member
            • Oct 2006

Well said. I started with DC training at just over 3 years of serious lifting. I also gained around 40lbs before I started DC. I remember trying the program when I was at a younger training age and it was way too much for me to handle.
            Check out www.trueprotein.com and use my Trueprotein promo code to save 5%on everything, and 10% when you order 16+ lbs: KEG730

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment." Anonymous

My Training Log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...=35632&page=4l

Comment

• betito
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Nov 2006

There is not a magic number, but you have to develop Bruno intensity and kroxic commitment to diet and how many people do that in less than 3-5 years?

Comment

• Tight Five
                Heavyweight Member
                • Dec 2007

I can see all those kids who put on 20-25lbs because of puberty who 'lifted' for 3 years in high school licking their lips at this

Lets hope people read it the way it is intended. Well put SuperD
                Troponin Athlete
                "My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now" - the Kayser Soze of bodybuilding
                My wife holds bands tied around the head board...then I pull on her hips. It still doesn't work well but I like the view - Future 6 October 2008

Comment

• IronReload 04
                  Heavyweight Member
                  • Nov 2004

there is a mental maturity that can be reached early with some of us too.

Comment

• dropshot001
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by IronReload 04
                    there is a mental maturity that can be reached early with some of us too.
                    i agree. don't think super could list this in his post because then everyone would claim that they are mentally ready

Comment

• MoGeaYuglay
                      Middleweight Member
                      • Feb 2006

lurking newbies: dc is a not a magical program that will suddenly turn you into a IFBB pro, but it's a good program to follow after you have exhausted all others and decide to DC it BECAUSE the other programs aren't working for you anymore, not because "oh everyone is talking about it, i want to dc, i want to dc!"

and just because your arms did not grow 3inches in 3 months does not mean a program "isn't working"
                      Just because im sick of typing this over and over again, i'll just put this in my sig:
                      Just train heavier than last time, eat alot of food with protein being priority, rest easy, and leave it alone. It ain't rocket science, and it doesn't need to become rocket science!

Comment

• emazur24
                        Lightweight Member
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
                        lurking newbies: dc is a not a magical program that will suddenly turn you into a IFBB pro, but it's a good program to follow after you have exhausted all others and decide to DC it BECAUSE the other programs aren't working for you anymore, not because "oh everyone is talking about it, i want to dc, i want to dc!"

and just because your arms did not grow 3inches in 3 months does not mean a program "isn't working"
                        Jeeze.......every single point you made in that post is right on the money. No training routine is magical, but some will yield great results if all the pieces of the puzzle are in place. The keys to success for bodybuilding are still eating correctly + getting enough rest + lifting progressively (reps or weight increases each workout).
                        Last edited by emazur24; 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
                          Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
                          • May 2004

I think we should define "serious lifting" though. Because alot of guys thing trolling the gym in their Tapout shirts and wearing a skullcap means they are HARDCORE MOTHERFUCKERS. Personally they only thing I tend to think they have is a bad sense of fashion.
                          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• Shelby Starnes
                            IFBB PRO
                            • Feb 2005

For most under the age of 23, "3 years" is synonymous with "eternity".

Comment

• force245
                              Light-heavyweight Member
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by betito
                              There is not a magic number, but you have to develop Bruno intensity and kroxic commitment to diet and how many people do that in less than 3-5 years?
                              true not a magic number, but a general guideline. Guys like Bruno and Kroxic are rare... as are the people who make it pro. Not saying either of them will but they have that magic to be ahead of most. I think the three to five year guideline is great...except for really rare cases.

I think it takes that time to learn your body, learn to eat and stay lean and learn proper form and feeling. That mind muscle connection. Learning to flex the proper muscle with all others tense at the same time.
                              So i'm old and married with four kids, help a brother out and use my code at www.truenutrition.com]discount code FRC245

If you walk in a gym and your mindset is basically two railroad ties and a boxcar short of a trainwreck......

Comment

Working...