Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound > Pound Puppy Forum

Pound Puppy Forum Newbie questions and answers related to DOGGCRAPP concepts and DC training are posted here and threads moved from the Dogg Pound are found here. Ignorance is not a crime in this forum.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
kostasosfp
Bantamweight Member

2 days a week

What split should someone follow if he can go to the gym only 2 times per week due to job? For DC training...
kostasosfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
kostasosfp
Bantamweight Member

Is it OK to continue with DC 2day split?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #3
Hartley
Intense Muscle Competitor

Training frequency will be low(er). But you will still make progress.
Yes it is okay, but you are sacrificing advantages of DC training by only doing it 2 days a week and training back to back days.

-Are you someone who needs to do the same lifts frequently in order to make progress?
The 3 sets of different lifts per body part will be hit much less often. How will this infrequency of performing each lift affect you personally? (in your experience?)

Personally, I would do something else, a 2 way split (same as dc) or with pushing muscles and legs/back on the other day but with the same lifts each week and change as needed rather than a constant rotation... or possibly alternate the main lift every other week. Also, I'd go with less intensity than a rest/pause set/rep scheme like straight sets.

Can you throw in a body weight work out mid week? dips, pull ups, 1 leg squats? How long are you constricted to 2 days/wk on weekends only?
Come up with something basic IMO and go at it.. and really pay attention to your diet all week.
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
MeredithPalmer

what about your job is holding you back from working out more than two days a week ?
MeredithPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
kostasosfp
Bantamweight Member

Here in Greece you have to do Compulsory military service for 9 months. So some weeks I will be free at my home and be able and do training 3 days album the most of the weeks I will only be able to do 2 training sessions because I will be in the military Base and there is nothing to do
Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
Moving_Metal

I'd say with 2 days in the gym to focus on upper body one day and lower body/legs on the second day. Just a thought...
Moving_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #7
SAHD
Light-heavyweight Member

Anything wrong with 2 old school full body sessions per week?

I love them when I cannot do more.

Day one starts with upper and ends with lower body. Day two the opposite. As long as they are not consecutive daye it will be fine - especially for only 9 months.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
~William Bernbach
SAHD is offline   Reply With Quote