Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xvani

DC training while in the army?

Hey!

I'm currently in the army, and want to try DC because it is close to what I have found out works for me (busting my ass and working a muscle group more then once a week)

I've been working out seriously for about a year and pretty much "cruised" an entire year before that.. (damn high school teachers knew shit..)

Anyways, my problem is: I'd like to follow DC, but since I am in the army I have certain restrictions:

Food:
    I can eat as much as I want for 3 meals a day, and I can make sandwiches for the fourth meal for free. (yayyyyy) There's a pretty strict time limit which varies though I take a protein shake (casein) before bed, so thats 5 meals a day... Problem is the 4th meal WILL be after 7-8PM, and its mostly carbs... I guess I don't care bout getting a bit fatter, but..... hmmm

#2 i have NO WAY of counting protein or calories because of the food system
    #3 I'm really poor (making 20$ a day) so There's a limit to how much food I can buy outside the meals we get.
    #4 The close by gym is quite small, and the one a bit further away isnt much bigger. How many excercises do I need?

Is it possible for me to through with DC traning?

THanks a lot
  • MsteveM
    DC Q & A Member
    • May 2004

well you'll need 3 exercises per bodypart at all times. so if you have some free weights, a power rack, smith machine, dumbells, and other weight machines you can come up with enough exercises to rotate.

i think you can pull it off. don't count calories.. just eat as much as you can, and if you start stagnating add in some extra fat, or carbs if you need them.

if you can get 1 more shake in somehow, you'll have 6 meals, which would be great. trueprotein has some good deals on quality protein powder if you haven't checked out their site (www.trueprotein.com).

the only other thing is, leg training might screw your pt if that matters to you.
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• Beelzebub
      • Dec 2005

20 bucks a day? dude, private's make more than that. what rank are you?
      admin @ mmipowertraining.com
      "where the big boys play"

Comment

• celius
        Bantamweight Member
        • May 2004

Sounds like you are norwegian... is that true?

Comment

• Xvani

haha, i'm very norwegian

and we have one year mandatory military service.. I can't buy trueprotein, cuz shipping will screw me, but I have enough supplies of protein to last me for a long while..

- DC recommends 100g protein pr shake, right?

- how many exercises do u all put into your rotation system per bodypart?

- "leg training might screw your pt if that matters to you." what is PT?

thanks
          Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2006, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• celius
            Bantamweight Member
            • May 2004

Nice. Where are you stationed? I was at Skjold.

Sweden has alot of nice prices on supplements. Why not go there on your leave?

Yes, 100g proteins in the shake after training as far as i know.

Comment

• Massive G
              Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
              • Apr 2004

Way too many dietary and work out restrictions to do the DC system PROPERLY.
              I'd wait till you got out of the army.
              Good luck in your training endeavors.
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• Vmc
                Lightweight Member
                • Apr 2005

never say never
                thts true there is many restrictions, but id say if your mind set to it, go ahead and try it, no harm in trying right

Comment

• ProtoBuilder
                  Bantamweight Member
                  • Aug 2005

Just a hunch -- DC isn't for you right now. There are lots of other quality systems where you can "bust your ass" and work the muscle more than once a week. Lol The good ol' 5x5 system has you hitting the prime movers three times a week. You could also do a 2-way push/pull split, and work out 4x/wk.

"PT" is US army-speak for "physical training."

Comment

• Vmc
                    Lightweight Member
                    • Apr 2005

ProtoBuilder is totally right about the different programs, it just kinda seemed like this guy really wanted to try DC training

Comment

• Egill
                      DC Q & A Member
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Xvani
                      - DC recommends 100g protein pr shake, right?
                      Originally posted by celius
                      Yes, 100g proteins in the shake after training as far as i know.
                      come on guys, use some common sence here,..... should a 150 lbs trainee take as much protein in a shake as a 300 lbs trainee?....... HELL NO!!!.... DC doesn't recommend 100g protein per shake or after training since the number depends on the individual.
                      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

• celius
                        Bantamweight Member
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Egill
                        come on guys, use some common sence here,..... should a 150 lbs trainee take as much protein in a shake as a 300 lbs trainee?....... HELL NO!!!.... DC doesn't recommend 100g protein per shake or after training since the number depends on the individual.
                        Wont argue with you on that one.

Comment

• MsteveM
                          DC Q & A Member
                          • May 2004

moreso US military in general rather than army, but yeah, it means physical training.
                          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• Xvani

so, in %, (or oz or whatever u guys use) how much does DC recommend? I'm used to 0.5g of protein and 1.0g of carbs per kilo of body weight. (in an after work out shake)

I both think and WANT to be able to pull it off, as I am very motivated for it.
                            How many different excercises do you guys use in your work out "cycles"?
                            Theres manuals, benches, a squat rack (which can be used for DL), smith machine and a cable machine. + some more machines. So its not THAT small... Just lacks a few machines (and has few of each)

But if I'm gonna do this, I wanna get it RIGHT.. i NEVER do things half-way, and I intend to keep it that way.

I know that I can grow with other programs, and the one I'm using now is working, and is sililar to DC, but i want THE MOST out of my work outs, and the short work out time of DC appeals to me..

(PT will not be a problem, as we lift weights during it )

Comment

• wildman536
                              Lightweight Member
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MsteveM
                              moreso US military in general rather than army, but yeah, it means physical training.
                              oh yes it does!! RUNNING at least three times a week kills gains, oh well only 7 months to go!!

Comment

Working...