Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Picture Forums > Critical Physique Assessment

Critical Physique Assessment Post your pictures if you want to get honest, straight-forward, constructive criticism on your physique. If you can't take the criticism, don't bother with this forum.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
MusclesAreSexy
Intense Muscle Competitor

Contest Shots

Here are some pics of me from 5 weeks ago.

Please chime in and tell me what you think I should be focussing on during this off season. Other than the obvious of getting huge. Lol.

21, 220lb on stage, 6"5'.

Thanks!

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.
MusclesAreSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
Michael Travis

First of all, looks really good... leanness is spot on...the following critiques are purely observational as your physique surpasses mine...

first question is: is there some type of injury on right arm? right upper arm (bicep/triceps) looks a might smaller than left on first pic..

Quads look great from the front... maybe work some more on hams this off-season...

From the front, lats look nice, but from the back shot seems to lose a bit... maybe work on chest a bit more as this may be the reason your lats appear larger from the front?

Again, please, please take these critiques with the best intentions possible, as I would envy stepping on stage with your caliber leanness...
Michael Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
MusclesAreSexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Travis View Post
First of all, looks really good... leanness is spot on...the following critiques are purely observational as your physique surpasses mine...

first question is: is there some type of injury on right arm? right upper arm (bicep/triceps) looks a might smaller than left on first pic..

Quads look great from the front... maybe work some more on hams this off-season...

From the front, lats look nice, but from the back shot seems to lose a bit... maybe work on chest a bit more as this may be the reason your lats appear larger from the front?

Again, please, please take these critiques with the best intentions possible, as I would envy stepping on stage with your caliber leanness...
Full of kind words man, thank you.

Believe it or not, my right arm is actually bigger than my left, the left is more shapely, though. It's just an optical illusion due the images behind me.

I have now started training chest and arms with priority, hitting them twice a week. They are a weekness. My lats are actually pretty good, I wish I had a lat spread to post, but I don't. You are right on my lats looking bigger because of a small chest.

And, in regards to my condition, I didn't go for broke as I wanted to be as big as possible, as all the other guys in my class had at least 10 years on me. And I was one of the better conditioned dudes there that day.

I'd also like to say my prep was very easy. I had Skip as my coach and he is the master of getting diced. I'd walk into the gym in the mornings full of beans ready to smash out cardio and all the other competitors around me looked like death. It's a very satisfying feeling doing a sensible prep and enjoying it whilst everyone else seems to think you need to suffer to get peeled.

I do quite a bit on Hamstrings, and always have. I think I will start focussing on hitting them with heavy SLDLs and see how that goes, as that is an exercise I never really emphasised in my training and may be the key.

I will also focus on rack chins to widen up in the rear double bi as you have mentioned. Thanks for that.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
[email protected]
Strongman Forum Moderator

I mean at six five yiu really just need size every where. Your quads look like your best muscle, which is good at your height. I would say your back is probably the weakest, as is mine lol, and you could definitely use some arm size.

I would just hit the training hard, hit the food hard and see where you end up.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
MusclesAreSexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I mean at six five yiu really just need size every where. Your quads look like your best muscle, which is good at your height. I would say your back is probably the weakest, as is mine lol, and you could definitely use some arm size.

I would just hit the training hard, hit the food hard and see where you end up.
Exactly right, in regards to the last sentence. I'll just put away a tonne of food over the next few years and see where I end up.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #6
[email protected]
Strongman Forum Moderator

Yeah man, you look good now, you should be proud. Just gotta fill out that high ass frame! But it certainly can be done, and you are super young so you have time on your side.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
thedunhill225
Light-heavyweight Member

You look great man. If you are a legit 6'5" then you carry 220 well...I would guess you were larger then that. As far as everything else...just more size. I don't really see the reason to worry to much about "this needs priority..." Or "gotta bring this up..."... If a cpl years from now you are squating and pulling a cpl hundred more for reps and pressing 100+ more for reps....your while body will be bigger. Just eat, lift and grow.

Great job and good to hear your prep went so well... If you can get to that shape with ease... You should be able to take that to the next level once you add more size.

Peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
Nicki Minaj
thedunhill225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
CJ Hartley

upper body as a whole. Hams and come in a little leaner to the show IMO.

2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
*11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs
CJ Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
MusclesAreSexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunhill225 View Post
You look great man. If you are a legit 6'5" then you carry 220 well...I would guess you were larger then that. As far as everything else...just more size. I don't really see the reason to worry to much about "this needs priority..." Or "gotta bring this up..."... If a cpl years from now you are squating and pulling a cpl hundred more for reps and pressing 100+ more for reps....your while body will be bigger. Just eat, lift and grow.

Great job and good to hear your prep went so well... If you can get to that shape with ease... You should be able to take that to the next level once you add more size.

Peace
I think you hit just the nail on the head.

And CJ, I could have been more shredded but I really needed the size.

Thanks guys.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
Andre Gregoire

Just add more size, if you focus on bodyparts you will spin your wheels. I wouldn't compete every year, every 2 years would be best to allow you to gain gain gain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight
Andre Gregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #11
MusclesAreSexy

I don't plan on competing for another 5 years. I need five years to do some damage.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
1fifty4point5

Wow, you're only 21? You've got a lot of potential! Just keep at it and don't get sidetrack like I did when I was your age.
1fifty4point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
MusclesAreSexy

Yeah, thanks for that man. Lots of things to be sidetracked by! Just gotta keep my head down and keep eating.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
Doberman
Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor

First, and foremost, great job. I agree your hams need some attention. Try hitting the hams at the beginning of the workout. A lot of the people think doing leg extensions are a good way to warm up the knee joint before hitting heavy leg work, but I feel it actually pre exhuasts the joint. Leg curls will fill your hams with blood and can actually give you a nice cushion during squats or other compound movements. Other than that adding some overall size should be your goal. I don't know about taking 5 years off though. That seems a little excessive. 1 year should be plenty to see a difference.
2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #15
MusclesAreSexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman View Post
First, and foremost, great job. I agree your hams need some attention. Try hitting the hams at the beginning of the workout. A lot of the people think doing leg extensions are a good way to warm up the knee joint before hitting heavy leg work, but I feel it actually pre exhuasts the joint. Leg curls will fill your hams with blood and can actually give you a nice cushion during squats or other compound movements. Other than that adding some overall size should be your goal. I don't know about taking 5 years off though. That seems a little excessive. 1 year should be plenty to see a difference.
I'd love to say "damn that's a great Idea" and start training hammies first. But... I always train hammies first! Lol But I also do extensions afterwards, before big compound movements so I will start doing these at the end of the workout instead, and see if having stronger knees enables me to load my hammies up more.

You don't think eating many animals over the next 5 years without doing a prep would be a good idea?

Old 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
proplanner

Mas , look great. Bit spooky, I am six five , in Australia as well, hoping to compete at 220 in March next year and have just started working with skip week. Agree the biggest fear is losing any size as you diet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

On board TEAM SKIP
proplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
MusclesAreSexy

Cool man, which show? FitX? I think you'll be surprised with how much size you keep or even grow coming into show with Skip. He's a freak. Lol.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
proplanner

I'm up in Brisbane and will do one of the natural shows in March. Bit older than you though , 44!

Grew up in Melbourne though and remember training at the old findlays in camberwell.

First three hour skip load this morning, woke up like a kid on Christmas day.:-)

Just hope to come in as lean as you come March.

On board TEAM SKIP
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
Triple Joe

Hey guys Adelaide boy here: )
Just wanted to say your pics show amazing potential and your only young so Congrats bro obviously train your ass off.
Proplanner I think your decision to work with Skip is a good one. He is currently helping me for a September show and I think I'm actually growing into the show.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
proplanner

Surprising amount of aussies on here. You doing one the state natural shows?

On board TEAM SKIP
Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
Triple Joe

Yeah the WNBF Natural. What show u looking at next year?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
MusclesAreSexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Joe View Post
Hey guys Adelaide boy here: )
Just wanted to say your pics show amazing potential and your only young so Congrats bro obviously train your ass off.
Proplanner I think your decision to work with Skip is a good one. He is currently helping me for a September show and I think I'm actually growing into the show.

Thanks man. I also eat my arse on. Lol.

BING!!! Idea. We should all hire Skip for the same show. We can all wear Team Skip shirts and woof and growl at each other. Lol. We can also all Refeed together in the last week and keep slapping each other to stay awake!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #23
proplanner

On refeeds, had my first today. Laying on the couch in a carb and sugar induced semi coma! Pancakes muffins and lollies sounds good, but almost hard work.

On board TEAM SKIP
Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #24
MusclesAreSexy

Yeah, I smashed 10 packets of snakes, 16 pancakes and a packet of pasta in 6 hours today.

Wait until you are doing 14 hour refeeds. Lol.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #25
proplanner

Triple Joe,

Not sure, but generally there are a couple around march. I'll do one of the those.

No wnbf up here .last show in 2011 cancelled. You look in great shape in your avatar. How far out was/is that?

On board TEAM SKIP