Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jared Ragsdale
    TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer
    • Apr 2006

I would have sworn you were a black guy in the first picture. i didn't even think you were the same guy as the last pic.

good work and good luck.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

• ScottMcDonough
      Intense Muscle Vet
      • Nov 2006

That's what I told my guy regarding a cheat meal...even suggesting to give me an extra high day(oats/potato/rice stuff) over a cheat meal.... we might get another one in but I have a feeling I won't be following my own advice/plan and will be back on the couch feeling like death. Death by pizza and cheetos
      Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

• Tigger1480
        Lightweight Member
        • Feb 2009

Amazing difference in the two front double bi pics.

Like Scott your waist to chest proportions really stood out and provided me with a flashback of one of my favourite English bodybuilders, Brian Buchanan.

Good luck in your show bro.

You've got really good potential so am interested to see how the 2-way transforms your physique.

T
        My Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=40844

Comment

• James Webb
          Bantamweight Member
          • Apr 2010

wow what an amazing compliment. thanks guys your really fueling my fire to push it hard this last 20 days, i won't disapoint.
          I will be at the top of the heavies next time I step onstage in 2011. 225 and shredded or bust.

trueprotein.com the best supplements with the best prices on the net use discount code JSW719 at check out for 5% off your entire order.

Comment

• Andre Gregoire
            Intense Muscle Competitor
            • May 2004

I also was confused about your ethnicity between the before and after pics

You've made lots of progress bro, keep at it. You are in good hands.

You have good biceps and shoulders and you have a big frame so the potential to add lots of mass. You are making a smart move going to DC style in your off-season.

I was at a local bodybuilding show yesterday and the thing that hit me the most is in every class the guy that was leaner and posed better blew away the others...

So the last minute advice I have for you is practice your posing A LOT like 30-60min per day and make sure to practice without a mirror also. Presenting your physique is half the battle.
            If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
            http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
            2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
            2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

• J Torella
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by James Webb
              I am working with PJ Braun who I highly recommend,if you talk to him let him know that i sent ya lol.

The diet has been a grind bro, its been 17 weeks already but I am getting better everyday, I love the feeling of making progress and being fully dedicated to something. I plan to stay at or around 10% permanently now so in the future the diet will be quite different. Honestly, I read Dusty's blog daily, helps keep my head right. If you read this, Thanks Dusty.
              my training partner is actually working with PJ. has nothing but great things to say about him.

Comment

• trucelt
                IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor
                • Feb 2006

hey Andre's comment about presenting your physique is 100% dead on-target
                '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                17 AAU Super Total
                '16-AAU Hi
                '15-USPA Metro
                '15-USPA State
                '15-AAU HI
                '14-AAU HI
                '14-USPA Metro
                '14-WABDL Sonny's
                '14-USPA State
                '14-HI Strongman
                '13-USPA
                '13-WABDL Sonny's
                '13-USPA State
                '13-AAU HI
                '11-USPA Metro
                '10-NPC Stingrey
                '09-NPC Islands
                '09-NPC Stingrey
                '09-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA IronWorks
                '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                '01-ABA Olympia
                '01-ABA Islands
                '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                '00-INBF Musclefest
                '98-NGA Ill
                '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

• James Webb
                  Bantamweight Member
                  • Apr 2010

man today was rough, yesterday was no carbs so i am super depleted today and i did legs after having meetings and stuff for work. keeping my head down, grinding it out getting in at least 1.5 hours of cardio a day. yesterday i did dante's calf cardio, bad idea the day before legs lol.
                  I will be at the top of the heavies next time I step onstage in 2011. 225 and shredded or bust.

trueprotein.com the best supplements with the best prices on the net use discount code JSW719 at check out for 5% off your entire order.

Comment

• James Webb
                    Bantamweight Member
                    • Apr 2010

starting tanning today, I will do two weeks straight in the booth everyday. You guys thought i looked black before just wait till after a few sessions in the booth. I am Norwegian and southern Italian btw but I do get crazy tan, all those years in the Cali sunshine i guess.

Comment

• James Webb
                      Bantamweight Member
                      • Apr 2010

just want to vent a little, i feel like shit, and that is fine i want to feel like shit but the shitty part is i look like shit. i really feel like this last week i have actually taken steps backward, i think i look softer and more fat than last week and am only 15 days out. i hate this first show not knowing what to expect, being nervous as hell and frustrated. is this something that others go through? also i am seeing pics all over of guys who are two weeks out and shredded to the bone while i still can pinch fat on my lower stomach which is a serious mind F^$%.

Comment

• Andre Gregoire
                        Intense Muscle Competitor
                        • May 2004

Everybody second guesses themselves, those that seem confident just don't admit it

You will see this even backstage, the guy who wins the class might even admit to being nervous and feeling like he thought 2-3 guys would have beat him.

The good thing is that you hired a prep guy, he's there to keep your head on straight and make sure you don't rationalize stupid last minute changes.

I am going to assume you are on low carbs, after a refeed day I generally look better for 24-48hrs but on the 3rd day start looking a bit worse and the 4th day like a sack of shit. Don't worry a refeed/carbup will fix this.

As far as not being lean enough, don't sweat that now since there is nothing you can change, no point in doubling cardio at this point you will only lose muscle and look worse.

If this is your first show I bet it's the best you have ever looked in your life, be proud of that. Next show, you can get leaner. As long as you improve you have already won.

Good luck!
                        If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                        http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                        2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                        2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

• James Webb
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • Apr 2010

thanks so much andre. and your point about being 4 days from a carb up is dead on lol. your right this is my first show and BY FAR the best I have ever looked, I have never been anywhere near 10% in my life and have to be proud of my progress.

Comment

• James Webb
                            Bantamweight Member
                            • Apr 2010

random question didn't want to start a thread for it but hopefully someone experienced will read it here; At my show will I be able to have someone back stage in the pump up room to help me with my bronzer and stuff? My girl is obviously going to the show with me and it would be awesome if she could help me out but I don't know the rules for the NPC.

Comment

• FatBoy
                              Light-heavyweight Member
                              • Feb 2004

you know I too didnt think those pics were of the same person.. LOL good work and great structure.

Comment

• BryanB
                                Light-heavyweight Member
                                • Jan 2010

You give me hope. Looking at your before pics I thought it was me for a second. If I can get down and look like your current pics I would be happy.
                                Keep it up!
                                Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

Working...