Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #51
Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Well.... *sigh* I will be honest and say that I did decide not to drop the protein. I am all about experimentation but I kept hearing that mantra in the back of my head that says you don't go against what works for you and has been proven to work. Experimentation is a great idea and I encourage it but in this case, I was going to experiment with something that I knew worked and was only going to see if I could get the same result with a lower protein level. When push came to shove, I just couldn't commit to it.

I know there were a few of you who were wanting to know how it would have worked out and for that, I apologize. I simply changed my mind.

Skip
OH JUST GREAT!!! CHRIST SKIP! And i dropped my protein to 25 grams a day the last month because I thought you did and we were adhering to the buddy system. Now I know exactly what it feels like when the hand is on the other foot. (What the hell am I saying?!)..Im going to go eat a steak

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:10 PM   #52
asim
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp
OH JUST GREAT!!! CHRIST SKIP! And i dropped my protein to 25 grams a day the last month because I thought you did and we were adhering to the buddy system. Now I know exactly what it feels like when the hand is on the other foot. (What the hell am I saying?!)..Im going to go eat a steak
The day you only eat 25 grams of protein is the day I wear a pink frock to the gym
asim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #53
LHDan
Light-heavyweight Member

Sincwe teh glycemetric index was mentioned, you know what I find real confusing about it. We are supposed to eat stuff that is low on the glycemetric index, right? And oatmeal is a staple of the bodybuilding diet, right? Oatmeal's glycemetric rating id 48, and a Snickers bar is 41. So can I eat sinckers bars? This information coudl be dangerous in the wrong hands.

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
LHDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #54
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DShores
Skip,

It is very obvious to me that you have a problem with your digestive system. Many people eat high protein including myself with out gas, bloating etc...

By the way, Hows you back doing? You may find it interesting that the nerves that controll large intestine function exit the spine primarilly in the lumbar area.

Other possibilites include food allergies, past antibiotics, over the counter pain meds.

Good Luck!
My back was doing very well and very little if any pain. Training was 100%. I then tweaked it, believe it or not, getting up off the fucking toilet last weekend. I didn't relapse except about 20% but the pain shot down my fucking leg and about took me to the floor. I now have some tingling every now and then during the day in my foot but otherwise, it has already started to get better again.

As for the digestive problems, I don't understand what you mean. I know of damned near no one that can eat 500g of protein a day and not have gas or even slight bloating. I bloat probably not from the protein as much as the oatmeal and all of the damned vegetables I eat in a day. I have the loosest stool on this board. lol

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #55
xRAJAx
Middleweight Member

Quote:
I know of damned near no one that can eat 500g of protein a day and not have gas or even slight bloating. I bloat probably not from the protein as much as the oatmeal and all of the damned vegetables I eat in a day. I have the loosest stool on this board. lol

Skip
Heard that. My wife sleeps with the window on her side of the bed open....and its around 50deg at night and raining here. She says she'd rather be cold than not be able to breathe.....

Oh and on the loosest stool on the board, I think I might give you a run for you money.

R

xRAJAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #56
jimpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRAJAx
Heard that. My wife sleeps with the window on her side of the bed open....and its around 50deg at night and raining here. She says she'd rather be cold than not be able to breathe.....

Oh and on the loosest stool on the board, I think I might give you a run for you money.

R
he said "run" for your money.............hahaha

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338
jimpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #57
Dirkmoneyshot
Roundtable Expert

I think i sharted myself after seeing "I have the loosest stool on this board"
Dirkmoneyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:35 AM   #58
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaul
he said "run" for your money.............hahaha
LMAO!! I was sooo going there but you beat me to it.

Sharted had me, too. I laughed so hard when I heard him say that in the movie that I literally couldn't catch my breath. What was it? Shallow Hal, right? Oh shit that was funny.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 03-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #59
DShores
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
My back was doing very well and very little if any pain. Training was 100%. I then tweaked it, believe it or not, getting up off the fucking toilet last weekend. I didn't relapse except about 20% but the pain shot down my fucking leg and about took me to the floor. I now have some tingling every now and then during the day in my foot but otherwise, it has already started to get better again.

As for the digestive problems, I don't understand what you mean. I know of damned near no one that can eat 500g of protein a day and not have gas or even slight bloating. I bloat probably not from the protein as much as the oatmeal and all of the damned vegetables I eat in a day. I have the loosest stool on this board. lol

Skip
Skip,

Let me be very clear. I have seen hundreds of people with back problems that also have digestive trouble. That nerve that is sending pain shooting down your leg also controlls you large intestine. It takes a lot on pressure on that nerve to cause shooting pain/numbness and only moderate pressure to effect digestion.
In other words, you could have little to no back pain and have enough pressure on those nerves to effect digestion.

Yes, I agree about some gas and slight bloating, but not the digestive problems you described in an earlier post. That is not normal even with high protein/veggies/oatmeal.

My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

David
DShores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:20 AM   #60
Ken "Skip" Hill

I very much appreciate the advice, bro, but I don't know what I described in an earlier post about my digestive problems. ?? Please, let me know because I am kind of lost here.

You can bet I am listening - especially about the nerves in the back and the large intestine issue.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 03-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #61
Egill
DC Q & A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
prefer getting essential vitamins and minerals from whole food sources rather than taking supplements.
that's very hard to do, I would not take any chances and try to get all your vitamins and minerals from whole food, a good multivitamin/mineral would be a good addition to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
My protein comes primarily from eggs, chicken, fish, whey protein powder, meal replacement shakes (Myoplex and Nitrotech), cottage cheese, and beef -- in that order.
Myoplex and Nitrotech,.... I'd order from trueprotein.com and save some money (check my signature for a discount code too), nothing magical about these supplements.

Quote:
I bloat probably not from the protein as much as the oatmeal and all of the damned vegetables I eat in a day. I have the loosest stool on this board. lol
oatmeal bloats me alot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DShores
Skip,

Let me be very clear. I have seen hundreds of people with back problems that also have digestive trouble. That nerve that is sending pain shooting down your leg also controlls you large intestine. It takes a lot on pressure on that nerve to cause shooting pain/numbness and only moderate pressure to effect digestion.
In other words, you could have little to no back pain and have enough pressure on those nerves to effect digestion.
That's interesting DShores.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers

for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693
Egill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #62
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp
I couldnt disagree more with the above statements. During digestion it takes (depending on various factors, bodysize etc etc) about 3.7 to 4.5 calories burned to completely digest 100 calories of fats and carbs. To digest 100 calories of protein it takes about 22 to 27 calories burned. Thats 25%!!!
DC (or anyone else),

Awesome fact. I did not know this. Is there anywhere I can get more information regarding this.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #63
FRANK_KOVACIC
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
No, that isn't what he is saying at all. He is saying that he hates Mexicans.

Skip

Skip, is 450 still your go to number, or did you eventually experiment with different intakes over the last 13 years?
FRANK_KOVACIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:44 AM   #64
Undertow
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post

Skip, is 450 still your go to number, or did you eventually experiment with different intakes over the last 13 years?
Bump.
Undertow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #65
Moving_Metal

I’m interested in the answer to this as well......
Moving_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #66
Undertow
Bantamweight Member

bumpity bump bump bump!
Undertow is offline   Reply With Quote