Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myth
    Heavyweight Member
    • Jul 2007

Hey slide, are you still on active duty?
    Use discount code SNS110 to get 5-10% off your next True Nutrition order! www.truenutrition.com

Myth's Blog:http://projectmythology.blogspot.com/

Comment

• slide
      Intense Set of the Month December 2009
      • Feb 2004

No, I have been off of active duty for about four years--Served five years active duty.

-slide
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Myth
        Heavyweight Member
        • Jul 2007

What benefits do you still receive from having served in the Marines?
        Use discount code SNS110 to get 5-10% off your next True Nutrition order! www.truenutrition.com

Comment

• slide
          • Feb 2004

The honor of knowing that I am apart of a brotherhood of some of the baddest MFers in the world and free drinks. Besides the experience and skills learned, etc., with five years active duty (with three years of IRR--total of eight) I received an Honorable Discharge and a Letter of Commendation thanking me for my service. However, I did receive the GI Bill (you pay $1200 for nearly $40000 in academic benefits), which allowed me to earn (and pay for) my Masters Degree.

If you are referring to health care, pension, 401k, etc...I do not receive anything like that from the Marine Corps. In that sense of the word "benefit", I do not receive anything.

-slide
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• pastorpump
            IFBB Pro/Roundtable Expert
            • Jul 2007

Good numbers man. keep pushing. Mad respect for all armed forces. Grew up a military brat (it shows in my GI Joe collection) so I've seen what its all about.
            Carlos Rodriguez
            IFBB Pro League BBer
            IFBB Pro League Judge
            NPC National Judge
            As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
            www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

• bcylee
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Jun 2007

Definitely huge respect for serving your country and keeping us all safe man.

Lifting is not bad at all! You have some huge numbers in your future.
              sigpic

"So you don't want to train? Good, stay home. It's just more Jiu-Jitsu for me."
              - Ralph Gracie

Comment

• Myth
                Heavyweight Member
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by slide
                The honor of knowing that I am apart of a brotherhood of some of the baddest MFers in the world and free drinks. Besides the experience and skills learned, etc., with five years active duty (with three years of IRR--total of eight) I received an Honorable Discharge and a Letter of Commendation thanking me for my service. However, I did receive the GI Bill (you pay $1200 for nearly $40000 in academic benefits), which allowed me to earn (and pay for) my Masters Degree.

If you are referring to health care, pension, 401k, etc...I do not receive anything like that from the Marine Corps. In that sense of the word "benefit", I do not receive anything.

-slide
                Sounds awesome bro! How difficult was your Masters to achieve? Was it more intellectually challenging or more busy work? I am seriously considering it after I earn my BS...

Comment

• slide
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by pastorpump
                  Good numbers man. keep pushing. Mad respect for all armed forces. Grew up a military brat (it shows in my GI Joe collection) so I've seen what its all about.
                  Thanks bro, I appreciate that. On all accounts.

-slide

Comment

• slide
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bcylee
                    Definitely huge respect for serving your country and keeping us all safe man.

Lifting is not bad at all! You have some huge numbers in your future.
                    Thanks, I appreciate that. Im glad I started this journal--Looking forward to seeing how things progress over the next few months, years, etc.

-slide

Comment

• slide
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dante'sDisciple
                      Sounds awesome bro! How difficult was your Masters to achieve? Was it more intellectually challenging or more busy work? I am seriously considering it after I earn my BS...
                      The Masters was tough because I was working full-time and every moment of "free" time was spent doing research, writing papers, doing coursework, etc. I had a goal of completing it by the time I was 30 (finished at 29)--so that worked out well. I have never written so many papers in my life, thats all it was--research and papers. Good luck w/ it--will definitely be worth it in the long run.

-slide

Comment

• slide
                        • Feb 2004

Today was a 30min cardio day on the cross trainer and then some ab work. Felt good today and was sweating my ass off as well.

-slide

Comment

• Myth
                          Heavyweight Member
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by slide
                          The Masters was tough because I was working full-time and every moment of "free" time was spent doing research, writing papers, doing coursework, etc. I had a goal of completing it by the time I was 30 (finished at 29)--so that worked out well. I have never written so many papers in my life, thats all it was--research and papers. Good luck w/ it--will definitely be worth it in the long run.

-slide
                          What is your degree in ?

Comment

• slide
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dante'sDisciple
                            What is your degree in ?
                            Organizational Management. My undergrad is in marketing.

-slide

Comment

• slide
                              • Feb 2004

Not a bad day in the gym today...was rough getting warmed up but seemed to go well after that.

Chest - Decline Dbell 100 x 23
                              Back - Front Pull-Downs 225 x 20
                              Back - Seated Cable Rows 240 x 6; 210 x 9
                              Tri - Ez Bar Extensions 70 x 21 (plus bar)
                              Shoulder - HS Press 190 x 27

Some of the exercises ended up getting alot of reps--will be able to 'up' it next time around.

15 minutes of cardio on the xtrainer after the workout as well.

-slide

Comment

• slide
                                • Feb 2004

Just another day of cardio and abs today--took a while to get going on the cross trainer and warmed up, but I was able to watch most of SportsCenter (thats important!).

45mins on the cross-trainer w/ ab work afterwards. Felt good after I got going, but it was tough going early on.

-slide

Comment

Working...