Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Preventative Measures-health news > FOODS AND DIET

FOODS AND DIET Organics, juicing, food dangers, genetically modified foods, raw foods, processed foods, and preparation of foods.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
hossjob
Middleweight Member

Basmati Rice

I do a lot of my shopping at aSam's Club. What we can't get at Sams we get at the Wal Mart near us. We go through TONS of brown rice, but all of a sudden the Wal Mart by us is not selling it by the bigger box, just the small box. Sam's doesn't have Bro Rice, just white Rice and Basmati rice. We'd like to buy in bulk so I was wondering, what is Basmati rice? Is it similar to brown rice or is it enriched like white rice? Is it a viable bodybuilding option is what I want to know I guess.
hossjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Shelby Starnes
Roundtable Expert

i like it.
Shelby Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
musclecoder
Lightweight Member

Its enriched like white rice. Basically, its a long white rice used in a lot of curry dishes I think (it comes from India). Very starchy. It tastes good though!

(I *think* the nutritional information is fairly similar to regular white rice).
Old 10-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #4
MsteveM
DC Q & A Member

the nutritional info is similar to other rice. i like basmati rice. it is used in some indian dishes, but theres like a billion different kinds of rice, so they use other stuff too. the type you get just depends on either the restaraunt or what your decide to use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.
MsteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
Badman
Heavyweight Member

I use basmati rice and the way I look at it... as long as its not processed i'll eat it

The Reaper is always one step behind me..... ( I don't die)
Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
AnyOldIron
Light-heavyweight Member

it's also lower gi than white rice
AnyOldIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
Creator_11
IntenseMuscle Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOldIron
it's also lower gi than white rice

That is true its only a few points higher then brown rice. It has something to do with an enzyme I believe that makes it different. Certainly my top choice for carb loading, and easy to cook.

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com
Creator_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
AnyOldIron
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator_11
easy to cook.
yep, brown rice I often screw up but basmati is a piece of cake to prepare. tastes the best too!
AnyOldIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #9
BillyG

i have a question about Rice calories.. i seen in the in the pro body builders simple new diet plan.

chicken and rice meals..

I read the back of the rice for calorie intake per 1/4th is like 150 cals, per50gs
so obviously i want about 300cals per sitting from rice..
but when i load it up to make 300 cals thats a fuckkkkk load of rice and a huge pot

when they say the amount.. is that after its cooked? and you weight 50gs of it. or is it the stats of the dry rice??
BillyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
kroxic
Light-heavyweight Member

am i the only one that doesnt really care about its relative glycemic index to brown or whatever rice?

Wow i cant believe I just contributed to this act of necromancy

Use the code ECH436 at the checkout
and save
kroxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Steven48
Banned

I like rice very much, But avoid it due to fatness issue. Rice is not good for diabetic people. One time in a month you can eat.
Steven48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #12
robart.hughes

Best and easiest to eat rice for me would be jasmine thai rice. perfect for post comp too if you mix abit of honey into it
robart.hughes is offline   Reply With Quote